person

Horrible lawyers

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Stay away from Borene Law Firm in Minneapolis, MN! The firm will overcharge you and scam you, such as charging you for each e-mail they send you! They did so little and charged about $10,000. I wouldn't recommend anyone going there, unless they want to get scammed. You get charged per "hours of work", not the actual work. They make mistakes and you will find yourself repeating the correct version of the document to them over and over again. In that situation it's best to get rid of such "help". You know a lot more than most lawyers out there anyway.

Yep... they never put themselves in their clients shoes... they dont understand the word "follow up" or "keep in touch". Apparently the 8 years of schooling and the thousands of dollars in law school taught them nothing. They are all liars, exaggeraters and arrogant.

Stay away from Borene Law Firm in Minneapolis, MN! The firm will overcharge you and scam you, such as charging you for each e-mail they send you! They did so little and charged about $10,000. I wouldn't recommend anyone going there, unless they want to get scammed. You get charged per "hours of work", not the actual work. They make mistakes and you will find yourself repeating the correct version of the document to them over and over again. In that situation it's best to get rid of such "help". You know a lot more than most lawyers out there anyway.

I can honestly say that unless you need them for anything AFTER filing the petitions then dont use them. Any retard can fill out a form (except them). Lawyers are only used when there are major complications or when you have doubts about the interview or when you want to file suit like Gogo. Otherwise, save your thousands on people who love you and things you love, not people who love your wallet.

Yep... they never put themselves in their clients shoes... they dont understand the word "follow up" or "keep in touch". Apparently the 8 years of schooling and the thousands of dollars in law school taught them nothing. They are all liars, exaggeraters and arrogant.

CR1

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-19

Touched : 2008-09-26

Touched : 2008-09-27(they work on saturdays?)

I-130 NOA2 : 2008-09-29

222 DAYS

CR2 (Our)daughter

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-06-27

I-130 NOA2 : 2008-09-26

89 DAYS

K3

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA2: 2008-09-29

173 DAYS

~~~NVC~~~

10-01-2008 NVC Case Recieved/Numbers Assigned

10-02-2008 NVC IIN Numbers Acquired after 14 tries. (take the "call after 10p" tup) it WORKS

10-04-2008 Paid AOS $70 AND sent DS-3032 by email (.pdf) and by MAIL

10-08-2008 AOS SHOWED AS PAID - AOS Docs Sent out

10-08-2008 IV FEE GENERATED then PAID

10-08-2008 SDQ CONSULATE GRANTS EXPEDITE REQUEST AND REQUESTS CASE

10-27-2008 SDQ INFORMS MY WIFE, TO PICK UP "OPEN INTERVIEW" PAPERS

10-28-2008 INTERVIEW PAPERS AND MEDICAL INST. RECIEVED

10-29-2008 MEDICAL DONE

11-04-2008 MEDICAL RESULTS RECIEVED

11-05-2008 INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

#-#-#### VISA/PASSPORT(S) RECEIVED

#-#-#### POE

TOTAL DAYS FORM PETITION TO INTERVIEW-260 DAYS or 8 months, 17 days

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I wholeheartedly endorse this message - lawyers are a waste of time. Although the one I used charged me a flat fee of $1,000 and did fill in the forms correctly, trying ot get a hold of the guy for progress reports was a nightmare. I thought I had a dodgy experience, but compared to the OP it would seem I got off lightly.

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Well I used a lawyer and got an RFE on my I-130 last week. She had me get everything translated and notarized while I was in China. Which by the way did not cost me a lot of money. However CSC did not like it had me get everything translated again here and it cost me a fortune. Now I am in a holding pattern waiting for my approval now. the RFE cost me at least two weeks of time.

I married my love on 12/24/07

I filed for the I 130 on 1/23/08

Receipt number recevied 2/13/08

Paperwork sent to Guangzhou on 1/23/09

Interview 5/21/09 PASSED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visa 5/23/09

POE 6/2/09

Home 6/3/09

FILED I-751

SENT PAPERWORK 3/8/11

NOA-1 3/10/11

BIOMETERICS 4/29/11

WAITING APPROVAL

Filed: Timeline

hello guysss...

well if you are not facing any critical or difficult cases... like you have everything you need or no any illegal history in the past...

well just do it by yourself thing is the best!!!! Just be well informed... read read read.... from uscis nvc to embassy info you will find everything that you need from forms to procedures...

and more importantly be active here at VJ.... it will be agreat help as a source of information cause what we have here are based on facts that happened!!!!

so the key rule is NOT a lawyer but PROPER INFORMATION!!!!

Timeline

Yeah, that retarded law firm was recommended to me by a third party who probably got a cut. I seriously thought I knew more about immigration than that lawyer! The "lawyer" seemed to have no idea of what the process is like with I-130s. I wonder if it was that "lawyer's" first immigration case even though that "lawyer" was pretty old. Borene Law Firm is only considered "good", but all they do is suck your money out of you. Yeah, to the poster who only paid $1000 - you did get off cheap. It would take their secretary about 20 hours to just type up the stuff for the I-130's and I-129F. If you go with them, expect to be charged $5,000 to just have it typed up. Sounds like a deal, anybody, anybody?

Borene Law Firm hater

Edited by person

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Yeah, that retarded law firm was recommended to me by a third party who probably got a cut. I seriously thought I knew more about immigration than that lawyer! The "lawyer" seemed to have no idea of what the process is like with I-130s. I wonder if it was that "lawyer's" first immigration case even though that "lawyer" was pretty old. Borene Law Firm is only considered "good", but all they do is suck your money out of you. Yeah, to the poster who only paid $1000 - you did get off cheap. It would take their secretary about 20 hours to just type up the stuff for the I-130's and I-129F. If you go with them, expect to be charged $5,000 to just have it typed up. Sounds like a deal, anybody, anybody?

Borene Law Firm hater

When I started this process, completely blind as to what was involved, I considered using an attorney. Then I reviewed the forms and read the instructions and after doing so I decided that there is NO WAY an attorney can do anything BUT slow the process down. On its face it is absolutely impossible for an attorney to do anything but cause problems. Filling out the forms is simple, I do not need to pay anyone for that and how, exactly, will any attorney be able to file this for me unles I provide them with all the documents. This means, no matter what else, I will STILL be doing the hard part and then hand over all the documents to someone who will have them sit on his desk for a few weeks before "reviewing" them. After researching it more, I think most immigration attorneys should be in prison for fraud! Nearly every one of them will tell you THEY can get the process done faster! Wrong! They use the USCIS timelines, more useless than you know what, and then show how they received NOA2s faster, as did everyone else since the USCIS timeline reflects the OLDEST case still in the system. They also tell you the USCIS considers "these to be scam marriages" and will TRY to kick you out of the system unless your paperwork is "absolutely perfect". What a crock!!!!!!!!!

Unless you have some sort of problem, criminal record, or some other issue, DO NOT even consider an attorney.

Gary

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
I think most immigration attorneys should be in prison for fraud! Nearly every one of them will tell you THEY can get the process done faster! Wrong! They use the USCIS timelines, more useless than you know what, and then show how they received NOA2s faster, as did everyone else since the USCIS timeline reflects the OLDEST case still in the system. They also tell you the USCIS considers "these to be scam marriages" and will TRY to kick you out of the system unless your paperwork is "absolutely perfect". What a crock!!!!!!!!!

Unless you have some sort of problem, criminal record, or some other issue, DO NOT even consider an attorney.

Gary

Agree! They told me it would cost about 1/3 of what I actually got charged. It wasn't a complicated case, in fact, maybe the easiest case ever! Gary, you're right, what do I say!

Edited by person

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.