thetreble

Board Names VS Real Names

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Ok, no problem "thetreble" (by the way, why did you choose "thetreble" as a screen name?), I'll call you "Mandy" on VJ instead, since you prefer it that way (and if I do forget, please remind me). No you're not a loser at all for wanting to refer to everyone by names other than their screen names. After all, isn't it more personal to refer to someone by name/nickname than by screen name?

You can call me "Ant" here on VJ, as that's my nickname online and in real-life, and part of my first name anyways, and it's easy to remmeber. I'll answer to pretty much anything else though, as nobody seems to get my name right..lol... :lol:

Ant (of "AntandD"...)

Okay, so here it goes. I was thinking the other day that some times I feel like SUCH a loser calling all of you by your screen names. It also takes a lot more effort to spell them when I want to refer to someone.

I know we use screen names for anonymity, but I just wanted to say that from now on please call me Mandy instead of thetreble :lol: It would make me feel so much better.

If any of you don't mind to be called by your first name, please put them here. If you do mind, then that is perfectly ok.

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When I started VJ- I was Wilhelmina- taken from both Dracula and the old Hercules cartoon.

I found it easier and more to my liking to just switch to my real name.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm Amy....just one half of TheATeam! :P

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Filed: Timeline
Hi Everyone,

Ok, no problem "thetreble" (by the way, why did you choose "thetreble" as a screen name?), I'll call you "Mandy" on VJ instead, since you prefer it that way (and if I do forget, please remind me). No you're not a loser at all for wanting to refer to everyone by names other than their screen names. After all, isn't it more personal to refer to someone by name/nickname than by screen name?

You can call me "Ant" here on VJ, as that's my nickname online and in real-life, and part of my first name anyways, and it's easy to remmeber. I'll answer to pretty much anything else though, as nobody seems to get my name right..lol... :lol:

Ant (of "AntandD"...)

Ant.... Hmmm..... Antonia?

Edited by PlatyPius
Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Real name is Kelly. BH came from my days in yahoo chatrooms. Either one works. :)

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

mine is Danielle, Ont part of Ontarkie, Since we both use the same account I sometimes put my name at the end of my post not always though. My hubby used to post more then me now its the other way around.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

I'm Stacie - Staashi is my nickname from an elderly German man who I used to take care of. When he tried to pronounce Stacie it came out as Staashi - his grandsons heard it and started calling me Staashi or Staas.

Timeline

I'm Nevada-Blue but you can call me Nevada.

You know whats funny? I have never had so much problems with people screwing up the spelling of my first name as I have had down here in the States. You'd think people would understand. How do I spell it? Look at a damn map!

:lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Well, I'm Kathryn - but I also answer to Kat, Kate and Elizabeth (yeah - I have a friend who insists on calling me Elizabeth, hehehehe!)

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

My name is Jill, some people call me Jilly!! :yes:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Jen of Jen und Patrick :)

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.