Nothing1234

Baby Girl Ear Piercing

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

What are your opinions on this?

Those that have/had MENA baby girls or have discussed it with a spouse for the future were you asked to do this, did you agree? Or was it your idea?

It's a cultural thing for sure. My ears were pierced as well before the age of 1 since its typical for our family/culture and regional area I grew up.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline

I got my ears pierced as a kid and now I regret it. I wish I was Au Naturale in the earlobe dept. There's always clip-ons if I change my mind but there's no changing those holes in your ears. I also regret that tattoo I got in my 20's. :whistle:

I say wait till your kid is 16 to get her ears pierced. It should be her choice when she is old enough to decide. A child that young doesn't understand why mom is hurting them. Nor does a child that young concern itself with such superficial things as looks. Not to mention the potential for periodic infections in the piercing site. Also, it could just be one more thing your kid blames you for in the future.

To me, there is nothing more beautiful than being natural. I get so sick of seeing little girls being made up like sexy little vixens and put on parade at Beauty pageants, etc. A 4yr. old shouldn't be wearing a formal evening gown and shoes with 3 layers of make-up, a whole can of hair-spray used to style her hair and dangly ear-rings hanging from her earlobes.

A kid should be a kid. Running outside in playclothes getting dirty and swinging from the monkeybars, not learning how to look pretty for the opposite sex.

Wait til she's ready. Don't force it. I really wish they would pass a law about that.

I got my ears pierced as a kid and now I regret it. I wish I was Au Naturale in the earlobe dept. There's always clip-ons if I change my mind but there's no changing those holes in your ears. I also regret that tattoo I got in my 20's. :whistle:

I say wait till your kid is 16 to get her ears pierced. It should be her choice when she is old enough to decide. A child that young doesn't understand why mom is hurting them. Nor does a child that young concern itself with such superficial things as looks. Not to mention the potential for periodic infections in the piercing site. Also, it could just be one more thing your kid blames you for in the future.

To me, there is nothing more beautiful than being natural. I get so sick of seeing little girls being made up like sexy little vixens and put on parade at Beauty pageants, etc. A 4yr. old shouldn't be wearing a formal evening gown and shoes with 3 layers of make-up, a whole can of hair-spray used to style her hair and dangly ear-rings hanging from her earlobes.

A kid should be a kid. Running outside in playclothes getting dirty and swinging from the monkeybars, not learning how to look pretty for the opposite sex.

Wait til she's ready. Don't force it. I really wish they would pass a law about that.

I love what you wrote. I'm actually having my hubby read the posts...I want him to see other peoples opinions. :D

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

if we had a little girl she would have got her ears pierced in the first 3mths. but we have a boy so we didnt have to worry about that.

i dont have an answer to WHY we would have got it done. we just would have.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

If we had a girl she would have it done before the first 6 months, and he agrees...all his sisters and brothers had their girls done young..I think it cute, and feminine...I wish my ma would have let me do mine as a baby...i got em done at 8 yrs old and it was a terrible experience...i puked all over the mall cuz i was soo stinkin scared...

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

all of us girls had our ears pierced by the first month of age cuz chances of ear infection from the piercing is very low as babies dont grab their ears yet........but the nose piercing should wait until they are 16 or 17 not all girls want that........i decided on mine when i was 16.........im not sorry i did it as it is cultural but.........its a pain in the butt to keep the nose ring in i have lost so many its not funny............i think perviz prolly bought about six of the nose rings for me when i was in india each time cuz i always loose them lol

sara

If we had a girl she would have it done before the first 6 months, and he agrees...all his sisters and brothers had their girls done young..I think it cute, and feminine...I wish my ma would have let me do mine as a baby...i got em done at 8 yrs old and it was a terrible experience...i puked all over the mall cuz i was soo stinkin scared...

:( Thats horrible. {{Kelz}}

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

meh...I got over it...I literally puked in the middle of the mall cuz Claires Boutique insisted their bathroom was for employees only...lol

I say go for it...Nour will be friggin adorable..

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Get them done early. I had both of my girls ears pierced before they were 8 weeks old.

My sis-in-law had my nieces ears pierced when she was 4. Didnt work out at all. She had the things our of her ears in a couple of days...

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 07/05/06 - Met Hayz online by accident

~ 03/30/08 - Packet sent to VSC

~ 04/22/08 - NOA1 issued - Yeah they took it this time

~ 05/22/08 - Touch

~ 07/25/08 - Touch (showed about 1pm on the USCIS site)

~ 07/25/08 - NOA2 sent (must have been later in the day - noticed it on 7/26)

~ 09/10/08 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED ! ! ! !

~ 09/12/08 - VISA RECEIVED

~ 10/17/08 - Arrival in the USA (JFK POE)

~ 10/31/08 - MARRIED! ! !

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ AOS¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 03/26/09 - Sent AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

~ 03/27/09 - AOS packet signed for by V BUSTAMANTE

~ 04/02/09 - NOA for AOS/ EAD / Travel Doc

~ 04/03/09 - Check cashed

~ 04/25/09 - Biometrics

~ 04/20/09 - Transferred to CSC

~ 04/25/09 - Transfer notice received in the mail

~ 04/27/09 - Arrived at CSC

~ 05/09/09 - Employment Auth / Travel Document Approved

~ 05/12/09 - AP approved - without an interview

~ 05/23/09 - Welcome letter received

~ 06/05/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED! ! !

~ 09/11/11 - DIVORCE - DIVORCE - DIVORCE

meh...I got over it...I literally puked in the middle of the mall cuz Claires Boutique insisted their bathroom was for employees only...lol

I say go for it...Nour will be friggin adorable..

:luv: OMG, they really said that? I swear some of those store employees you have to deal w/ are brain dead. Blah!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I love what you wrote. I'm actually having my hubby read the posts...I want him to see other peoples opinions. :D

i agree with that in bold also. my ex and i had a discussion on that years ago, my opinion is when she turns 13 - by then it will be a decision she can make (after finding out the possible negative consequences of them) and she'll be able to take care of them herself. and it will be like a rite of passage. i still can't see what the point is of getting them on someone younger than that - possible tears on the ear while playing and all that.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

My SO is from Pakistan. We do not have kids but we had a discussion about baby girls getting ears pierced. He is against it. I had mine done when I was an infant. My daughter's pediatrician pierced hers when she was an infant. It doesn't matter to me. If we ever have a daughter together, it's not something I'm going to fight with him over if he is so against it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

we played out side got dirty no problem we never had ear infections from the piercings ........and we had small small ear rings just enough to keep the hole open........i cant really say that having our ears pierce had any impact on our lifes as children.........

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I wont do it on my daughter until she is much older. Actually I've never discussed it with my husband so obviously he doesnt have strong feelings aobut it :lol: - but I too am one who would worry about an earing getting caught on something and ripping the lobe or something. Plus, my baby is so freaking nosy she would probably rip them out herself, last night I put her in footie pajamas for the first time after the summer and she messed with the foot part of it all night and all morning.....

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I got both of mine done last week as a surprise wedding gift for my wife. I am wearing 1/2 C. studs in them now. I think the wife will be more upset that I didn't buy her a pair, then with getting my ears pierced. J/K I would get run out of Jordan if I got them pierced...even though I always wanted to get my eyebrow pierced.

Seriously, go for it Nawal. I didn't think she could get any cuter, but with earing...Oh MY!

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.