jtbredemus

Biometrics Letter before NOA1?

10 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I mailed in my wife's I-751 on Aug 28th, the check was cashed shortly after and I thought all was on track. But we still, 3 weeks later, have not received a NOA1 letter, and yesterday we got a ASC Appointment Notice for biometrics. I called USCIS and of course they gave the standard "NOA1 can take up to 30 days." Looking at the timelines posted, this doesn't seem normal and several people who sent their packet days after we did have already received a NOA1.

Should I be worried or is this normal?

Thanks a bunch! :)

Jim

08/28/08 Submitted I-751

09/03/08 Check Cashed

09/17/08 Received ASC Appointment Notice

10/03/08 Biometrics Scheduled

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
Hello everyone,

I mailed in my wife's I-751 on Aug 28th, the check was cashed shortly after and I thought all was on track. But we still, 3 weeks later, have not received a NOA1 letter, and yesterday we got a ASC Appointment Notice for biometrics. I called USCIS and of course they gave the standard "NOA1 can take up to 30 days." Looking at the timelines posted, this doesn't seem normal and several people who sent their packet days after we did have already received a NOA1.

Jim

You've got your biometrics appt letter...so, not to worry. It's even better than the NOA1.

You do need the NOA1 as it extends the conditional green card for a year, while the I-751 is being processed. Especially since your case is being processed by the VSC and may take a while.

Some people have asked for a duplicate NOA1 as proof of the one year extension (I believe either by calling the USCIS phone line or going to their local office). Another option is to go to your local office and get a stamp in your passport. In certain offices they will take away your conditional card to stamp your passport.

Timeline for Naturalization:

Day 1: Application delivered to AZ

Timeline for Removing Conditions:

Green card received 117 days after application was delivered to USCIS

Timeline for AOS:

Green card received 120 days after application was delivered to USCIS

Thanks for the responses! Guess I'll just sit tight for another week, and if it doesn't come I'll request a copy NOA1.

08/28/08 Submitted I-751

09/03/08 Check Cashed

09/17/08 Received ASC Appointment Notice

10/03/08 Biometrics Scheduled

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You may wish to go and get the stamp in your passport if you don't get your NOA within 30 days. I requested a copy as well when I didn't receive the NOA. That was quite a number of months ago. Neither the NOA nor the copy have ever arrived. You can certainly wait until shortly before your green card expires but give serious consideration to getting the passport stamp.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the same problem. Biometric appointment on Oct.1st, but no NOA1 yet. Greencard expires on Oct.18th..... really nervous now. :unsure:

Hello everyone,

Jim

We never did see NOA1. DH's GC expired in June I think. Luckily his employer doesnt need to see it current again.

C & S in Texas

Bodyluxe by Shawna - Affordable Luxury

23 Sep 2005 - Interview in London - APPROVED!!!

05 Jan 2006 - C's Arrival in the US!!! <3

07 Mar 2006 - C applies for SSN

14 Mar 2006 - C receives SSN by mail

17 Mar 2006 - Wedding in Vegas

07 Apr 2006 - C gets his TX Driver's Licence

09 May 2006 - D.O.R.A AOS appointment - 9:45am - Successful

18 May 2006 - NOA Arrived

30 May 2006 - Biometrics Appointment Letter Arrived

02 Jun 2006 - Biometrics Appointment

03 Jul 2006 - Email that says Welcome Letter in the mail! :)

05 Jul 2006 - Email that says Card has been ordered and is incoming!

12 Jul 2006 - Greencard Arrived! WOOHOO!

31 Mar 2008 - I751 Packet mailed

07 Apr 2008 - Check Cashed

14 Apr 2008 - Biometrics letter arrived

07 May 2008 - Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello everyone,

Jim

You've got your biometrics appt letter...so, not to worry. It's even better than the NOA1.

No it's not! The NOA is your extension letter that extends the validity of your green card, it's way more important than the biometrics letter!

Like Kathryn said, if you are closing in on the expiration of your card and no NOA1 in sight yet, go get the I-551 stamp.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

"No it's not! The NOA is your extension letter that extends the validity of your green card, it's way more important than the biometrics letter!

Like Kathryn said, if you are closing in on the expiration of your card and no NOA1 in sight yet, go get the I-551 stamp.

Yeah can't legally work or travel without the letter or stamp!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

"No it's not! The NOA is your extension letter that extends the validity of your green card, it's way more important than the biometrics letter!

Yeah can't legally work or travel without the letter or stamp!

thanks again for the input. I finally made an appointment for infopass next week (oct.9). I was wondering what should I bring with me for this and how could I explain the situation to them. How could i approve that I have never received the NOA1 and my green card expire on oct.11?

It's going to be a long drive to get to the field office. If you know there is anything we need to pay attention to, please let us know.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.