danielle46901

Medical & Interview

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

We are going through the U.S. Embassy in London so after my fiance sends in packet 3 what will happen? Will they set an appointment for the medical and the interview then? Does he have them on the same day? Thanks so much for your help, Danielle

P.S. I have moved since we started this process. I have my new address on the support forms, but do I need to change my address with USCIS?

Edited by danielle46901

2/9/08-I-129F Sent!!!

2/11/08-I-129F Received!!!

2/12/08-NOA1!!!

2/13/08-Touched!!!

6/30/08-Touched!!!

6/30/08-NOA2!!!

7/7/08-NVC Received!!!

7/9/08-NVC Left!!!

7/18/08-Packet 3 Received!!!

Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will.-Natalie

To truly love something, you must first give it a chance to fail. If it survives, it is going to be stronger than ever. Distance is pure proof of this, and forever we will love if we survive.-Matthew

Timeline
mbc

What does MBC mean?

2/9/08-I-129F Sent!!!

2/11/08-I-129F Received!!!

2/12/08-NOA1!!!

2/13/08-Touched!!!

6/30/08-Touched!!!

6/30/08-NOA2!!!

7/7/08-NVC Received!!!

7/9/08-NVC Left!!!

7/18/08-Packet 3 Received!!!

Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will.-Natalie

To truly love something, you must first give it a chance to fail. If it survives, it is going to be stronger than ever. Distance is pure proof of this, and forever we will love if we survive.-Matthew

Timeline

Hey my name is Stuart and I also live in Scotland and going through the K1 process to be with my fiance Courtney in Colorado. I will also be going through the London embassy so am interested to see the response you get from your recent post. We got our NOA1 on June 3rd so hopefully will get our NAO2 in the next 4-6 weeks.

Any help or assistance you could give with the packets you received would be gratefully appreciated. What comes in packets 1, 2 and 3?

From my understanding so far of the medical in London you can arrange for it to be the same day as your interview but this means there might be a delay of about a week in receiving your visa. If you schedule your medical for approximately 3 weeks prior to interview date then they already have the results so your visa get processed there and then. Can anybody out there verify this please?

Good luck to both of you and I wish you all the best for the future.

Stuart :)

K1 Timeline

05/28/2008 - Filed I-129F

06/03/2008 - NOA1

10/02/2008 - NOA2

10/06/2008 - received at NVC

10/08/2008 - Sent from NVC to US embassy, London

10/16/2008 - Packet 3 received

10/17/2008 - Packet 3 sent

10/30/2008 - Packet 4 received

10/28/2008 - Medical in London

11/10/2008 - Interview at US embassy, London - APPROVED!

11/17/2008 - Visa Received

12/13/2008 - Flight to USA, POE - JFK, NY

03/07/2009 - Wedding

08/28/2009 - 2 year conditional green card approved and arrived

Packet 3 would have instructions on them including a medical questionnaire which you would have printed and filled out. You would need to book the medical yourself (as a phone number is provided in the packet for knightsbridge docs and a map B to get there). Once your medical is complete the results are sent to the London USEM in which they would receive from 3-5 business days. Once you send in packet 3 the embassy will then send you packet 4 which will contain the date of your interview. There are no packets 1 or 2. Packet 3 also contains info on what to bring with you to the interview and to the medical, including the affidavit of support.

Yes Stuart you can book your medical the same day as the interview though your visa will be pending via results. The best thing is to book the medical before the interview that way your lives won't be on pending or on the shelf any more than it has been already!!! It works for some that way anyway....

Hope this helps Danielle. The very best of luck with a fast NOA2 Stuart!!

Ta.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.