Let it Be

How to check on your case when it reaches Cairo?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Saturday Mena,

Our case left NVC on 9/11 and is on its way to Cairo. I was wondering if anyone could give suggestions on how to find out when it has arrived and then how to monitor the progress (or lack of) once it is there...

The web site in Cairo isn't that helpful, and there is more than one email option.

I would love to hear from anyone that has done this or is currently doing this. Who are you contacting? What email address are you using? Know any tricks to help things move quickly?

Thanks for your help everyone!!

Filed: Timeline

Hi :)

I simply asked NVC for my case number and then emailed the embassy. You want to use the email for Immigrant Visa's...the other emaiil you're talking about is for Non-immigrant...although they respond to both!

Simply email them and ask on the status of your case. I did it on a weekly basis. :blush: I'm sure NVC told you to wait 5 days...I would wait till that time! They shoudl have it and process the file number by next Thursday. Although its Ramadan and I'm not sure if they have limited staff etc. They typically took about 2 full days to respond to me (remember Sunday is their first day of work).

You can also check the website w/ your case number to see if you've been scheduled for interview. They post all the interview dates up there as well. This will be after you get the packet from the Embassy. We actually found out interview date "before" they had sent my hubby his packet to fill out. So you never know. I think the website is pretty helpful...you just have to sniff around!

Good luck!!! (F)

Edited by Nawal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

You should get a letter from the NVC stating the case number and appointment date as they schedule them in Cairo now.

Using that case number you can follow it either by calling the NVC or DOS. There is no online tracking at this time except for the scheduling of appointment dates which you can track on the US Embassy in Cairo's website with the NVC case number.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

I simply asked NVC for my case number and then emailed the embassy. You want to use the email for Immigrant Visa's...the other emaiil you're talking about is for Non-immigrant...although they respond to both!

Simply email them and ask on the status of your case. I did it on a weekly basis. :blush: I'm sure NVC told you to wait 5 days...I would wait till that time! They shoudl have it and process the file number by next Thursday. Although its Ramadan and I'm not sure if they have limited staff etc. They typically took about 2 full days to respond to me (remember Sunday is their first day of work).

You can also check the website w/ your case number to see if you've been scheduled for interview. They post all the interview dates up there as well. This will be after you get the packet from the Embassy. We actually found out interview date "before" they had sent my hubby his packet to fill out. So you never know. I think the website is pretty helpful...you just have to sniff around!

Good luck!!! (F)

Thanks Guys!!

I called NVC and I have my case number, yeah :dance:

Two whole days to respond to email ?!?!? This process is turning my hair grey :wacko:

The NVC told me that Cairo will schedule my interview, so I guess I will wait until next week and start sending emails.

Thanks again taking the time to answer,

Linda

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good luck!!! (F)

Thanks Guys!!

Two whole days to respond to email ?!?!? This process is turning my hair grey :wacko:

The NVC told me that Cairo will schedule my interview, so I guess I will wait until next week and start sending emails.

Linda

You will be LUCKY if they respond to your email in 2 days!!! It took me weeks to get information from them at times.

Do not rely on the interview schedule on their website. My SO's interview was over before they ever updated their webpage even though I emailed them to point out how outdated it was!

Are you still in Alex? (you said my interview so I'm assuming you are there???) I have many friends living there (American/Canadian women married to Egyptians) as this is my 2nd marriage to a man from Alexandria... so if you need any friends while you wait (if you are there) let me know.. :)

If you need any other tips about stuff in Alex feel free to send me a message as well. My SO leaves on October 6th insha'allah for the Pacific Northwest :dance:

Karamella

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Good luck!!! (F)

Thanks Guys!!

Linda

You will be LUCKY if they respond to your email in 2 days!!! It took me weeks to get information from them at times.

Do not rely on the interview schedule on their website. My SO's interview was over before they ever updated their webpage even though I emailed them to point out how outdated it was!

Are you still in Alex? (you said my interview so I'm assuming you are there???) I have many friends living there (American/Canadian women married to Egyptians) as this is my 2nd marriage to a man from Alexandria... so if you need any friends while you wait (if you are there) let me know.. :)

If you need any other tips about stuff in Alex feel free to send me a message as well. My SO leaves on October 6th insha'allah for the Pacific Northwest :dance:

Karamella

CAN SOMEBODY TELL ABOUT THAT WEBSITE WHERE INTERVIEW DATES ARE POSTED...... I M FROM PAKISTAN.

Timeline

The website we are talking about is for the Cairo Embassy only. You will have to check with the Embassy in Pakistan to see if they post their interview's also.

Good luck

Timeline

Good luck!!! (F)

Thanks Guys!!

Linda

Karamella

Thanks for the info. Sorry my message was a little confusing, I am in the Pacific Northwest myself. My husband is in Alex. I am sorry you had so much trouble. Our journey has been so smooth this far, I guess we can't complain too much if we have a little trouble communicating with Cairo, but I hope it is as quick and easy.

Thanks again!

My hubby arrived in May 2008 and from the time we filed until he arrived I never had a problem with the Egyptian embassy. They answered within days of our emails..my husband even emailed at the same time and we both received answers to our questions. Not detailed but specific enough to assist us.

I'm sure others have had different experiences but I have no special contacts there or special treatment...they just did their job. So insha'allah, they will be the same with you guys! Not sure if it makes a difference being from Alex and my hubby from Cairo? Who knows.....I'd assume not. One more thing, the embassy website for interviews was updated regularly when we were waiting. That was my experience and that of two of my other friends. So I'm hoping they have not lost that momentum! There is a new ambassador as of this year (2008) perhaps she is the reason.

Best of luck!

MAY YOU PLEASE POST THE WEBSITE THAT TELLS WHEN INTERVIEWS ARE SCHEDULED?? THAX SO MUCH..LARA

Happy Saturday Mena,

Our case left NVC on 9/11 and is on its way to Cairo. I was wondering if anyone could give suggestions on how to find out when it has arrived and then how to monitor the progress (or lack of) once it is there...

The web site in Cairo isn't that helpful, and there is more than one email option.

I would love to hear from anyone that has done this or is currently doing this. Who are you contacting? What email address are you using? Know any tricks to help things move quickly?

Happy 8 Year Anniversary My Love May 27, 2016

I KEEP SEEING MENA... AND MRS ROWE.. WHO..OR WHAT IS THIS? LOL

Happy Saturday Mena,

Happy 8 Year Anniversary My Love May 27, 2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Saturday Mena,

I think they talking about the USA embassy in Cairo website . so you can go there and checkthe interview date .

Interview Schedule

Edited by Hot Guy

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

MENA = Middle East and North Africa

Happy Saturday Mena,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
My hubby arrived in May 2008 and from the time we filed until he arrived I never had a problem with the Egyptian embassy. They answered within days of our emails..my husband even emailed at the same time and we both received answers to our questions. Not detailed but specific enough to assist us.

I'm sure others have had different experiences but I have no special contacts there or special treatment...they just did their job. So insha'allah, they will be the same with you guys! Not sure if it makes a difference being from Alex and my hubby from Cairo? Who knows.....I'd assume not. One more thing, the embassy website for interviews was updated regularly when we were waiting. That was my experience and that of two of my other friends. So I'm hoping they have not lost that momentum! There is a new ambassador as of this year (2008) perhaps she is the reason.

Best of luck!

The same for us also! We never had any problems With the Embassy in Cario. Everything went very fast for us. Im praying it will for you and everyone waiting!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Best of luck!

The same for us also! We never had any problems With the Embassy in Cario. Everything went very fast for us. Im praying it will for you and everyone waiting!

Edited by NancyB

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.