filipina616

marrying guide

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

please anyone can tell me how american can get married in the philippines? my sister and her fiancee wants to get married in the philippines by december, please anyone have any idea . thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
please anyone can tell me how american can get married in the philippines? my sister and her fiancee wants to get married in the philippines by december, please anyone have any idea . thanks

hello, they could marry at the USEmbassy. Call the USEmbassy and ask for details. Try this no. 528-6300. Other options also available, church, local court here in the Pi.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello, they could marry at the USEmbassy. Call the USEmbassy and ask for details. Try this no. 528-6300. Other options also available, church, local court here in the Pi.

thanks for the message, how long before they can get married? do you know about getting married in the usembassy philippines? please give me some more info

thanks for the message, how long before they can get married? do you know about getting married in the usembassy philippines? please give me some more info

call the US embassy, the number is already listed there. The number will be local in Manila, so just dial the 7 digit number that was posted above...

U.S. Embassies do not perform marriages. However the USC will have to get the certificate of legal capacity to marry from the US embassy.

Here is the link for the page on marriage in Philippines from the US Embassy.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha009.html

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

contact the city registrar in their town and ask for the requirments there, the usc will need to get an "affidavit in lieu of a certificate of elligibility to marry" from the embassy and there is a 10 day wait period to get the license. there are more details, but thats a start....good luck

2008-03-03 : I-130 Sent

2008-03-03 : I-130 NOA1

2008-05-08 : Touched

2008-10-16 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-03-27 : I-129F Sent

2008-03-31 : I-129F NOA1

2008-04-24 : Touched

2008-10-03 : Touched

2008-10-05 : Touched

2008-10-06 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-10-22 : NVC Receive

2008-10-24 : NVC Left

2008-10-30 : USEM Receive

2008-11-10 : Wife's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-01 : Son's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-19 : USEM Interview - PASSED

2009-01-14 : VISA RECEIVED

2009-01-25 : US Entry (JFK)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

marrying in philippines you have to ready your supporting documents such as divorce decree if divorced, birth certificate,passport ( for american ) cenomar ( cert of no marriage ), birth certificate , 2 valid identification card ( for filipina )

if he have limited time tell him to be in philippines for 3 weeks then when he arrived secure legal capacity right then and schedule appointment at local registrar wait 10 days to get your marriage contract to set your wedding. ( this is if you choose to marry in your place using judge ) but if you choose to marry at church your needed more days depending on the policy of your church and u can contact them too.

and if the consul allowed to get marry the better please contact usem for that as others told you.

goodluck

Strike till the IRON is HOT

K3 flow

wedding date 04/24/07

130 sent 07/27/07

noa1 09/10/07

noa2 03/13/08

129f sent 09/10/07

noa1 09/24/07

noa2 03/13/08

package rcvd by NVC 04/04/08

date rcvd by consulate 04/09/08

passed - my medical 05/15/08

APPROVED - interview date (K3 visa ) 05/28/08

VISA delivered - - - - - June 05, 2008

POE @ Detroit - - - - - - June 21, 2008

submit AOS application to Chicago Lockbox - - - May 14, 2009

Check encashed - - - - - - - - -- - - -- -- - --- --- May 22, 2009

NOA1 for AOS & EAD received- - - - - -- --------- -May 26, 2009

Letter for Biometrics received from the mail----- June 11, 2009

Appointment for Biometrics------------------------ June 26, 2009

Card Production Ordered 4 EAD------------------- June 26, 2009

EAD approval - - - - - - - - - -- - -- - - - - - - -- -- July 02, 2009

Received EAD from the mail ----------------------- July 06,2009

Received noticed for I-485 - ----------------------- July 11, 2009

Schedule for Interview & Passed ---------------- August 12, 2009

Green Card Production --------------------------- August 12, 2009

Welcome Notice Received------------------------- August 20,2009

GCard/PR received-------------------------------- August 24, 2009

Just to reiterate:

Who May Perform Marriages Abroad

American diplomatic and consular officers are NOT permitted to perform marriages (Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations 52.1). Marriages abroad are almost always performed by local (foreign) civil or religious officials.

As a rule, marriages are not performed on the premises of an American embassy or consulate. The validity of marriages abroad is not dependent upon the presence of an American diplomatic or consular officer, but upon adherence to the laws of the country where the marriage is performed. Consular officers may authenticate foreign marriage documents. The fee for authentication of a document is $32.00.

http://travel.state.gov/law/info/marriage/marriage_640.html

good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.