jab1976

september approval at vsc.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i am reaching the 6 months deadline since we got the nao1 letter, i hope vermont will wake up and start sending some noa2's. it seems like vermont it concentrating more on the k3 than k1 petition. i am also thinking about contacting my congressman, if i dont get my nao2 by the end of this month, i dont think he will be able to do much, since my petition is still within the processing dates, good luck to all of us.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-18

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2010-01-14

NOA Date : 2010-01-21

Employment Authorization Document

Event Date

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Yeah, there's not much that can be done. I'm over the six month timeline too but I now have been reminded that the processing time is Jan 2 which is really 7 month timeline. I've gone through my Senator's office -- McCain (because I thought it being an election year in all.....) and I was briefly excited when I was told I'd get a more detailed response (than we'd usually get from the VSC - pending) within a week. But, after a week, I called and was told by two different others to not expect a reponse within 30 to 60 days AND was reminded again that my processing time was within the noted time on the USCIS website.

I'd agree though that you should contact your congressman or someone by the end of the month if not sooner. It might get you some answers...I don't believe it will hurt your cause at all.

Looking at your timeline, I completely sympathize with you as it's similar to mine (I had an RFE) and I can attest it sucks to be within the 10 percent (if not less) of folks on this site that filed their K1s at VSC during that time period and aren't approved. For me, it worries me (I have NO idea what the hell they're looking at--we don't have a past of red flags), and completely angers me every time I see another NOA2 approved and filed well after me....I know that's selfish but I can't help it and frankly, I've just stopped looking at this site while I wait and I've begun to plan another trip to Cambodia to see my fiance. The one thing I've learned during this whole thing is that the more I think about it, try to explain the delays, talk to customer service or constituent services or anybody else, the more I just spin myself into the ground. It just doesn't help (me at least).

Personally, as I said, I've become involved in a handful of activities including putting my next trip together and joining a few sport leagues to pass the time. I'm waiting it out until that processing time on the website reads 30 dsys past Feb 29. At that point, I'll be calling again.

Good luck to you man. It'll come.

Timeline
Yeah, there's not much that can be done. I'm over the six month timeline too but I now have been reminded that the processing time is Jan 2 which is really 7 month timeline. I've gone through my Senator's office -- McCain (because I thought it being an election year in all.....) and I was briefly excited when I was told I'd get a more detailed response (than we'd usually get from the VSC - pending) within a week. But, after a week, I called and was told by two different others to not expect a reponse within 30 to 60 days AND was reminded again that my processing time was within the noted time on the USCIS website.

I'd agree though that you should contact your congressman or someone by the end of the month if not sooner. It might get you some answers...I don't believe it will hurt your cause at all.

Looking at your timeline, I completely sympathize with you as it's similar to mine (I had an RFE) and I can attest it sucks to be within the 10 percent (if not less) of folks on this site that filed their K1s at VSC during that time period and aren't approved. For me, it worries me (I have NO idea what the hell they're looking at--we don't have a past of red flags), and completely angers me every time I see another NOA2 approved and filed well after me....I know that's selfish but I can't help it and frankly, I've just stopped looking at this site while I wait and I've begun to plan another trip to Cambodia to see my fiance. The one thing I've learned during this whole thing is that the more I think about it, try to explain the delays, talk to customer service or constituent services or anybody else, the more I just spin myself into the ground. It just doesn't help (me at least).

Personally, as I said, I've become involved in a handful of activities including putting my next trip together and joining a few sport leagues to pass the time. I'm waiting it out until that processing time on the website reads 30 dsys past Feb 29. At that point, I'll be calling again.

Good luck to you man. It'll come.

hey thanks for the reply, i agree with you 100% in everything, it's not fair to see other petitions that were filed after us get approved. and to be honest, this waiting is killing me, but you know what, i have also decided to stop worrying so much about the petition, i guess vermont will approve it when ever they want to, in the mean time, i will start to prepare my second trip to the philippines, my girl will be graduating from nursing school this upcoming october, and i want to be there. and yeah i will contact my congressman by the end of this month, if i dont hear anything from vermont. good luck with everything, i hope our papers will get approve soon. take care.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-18

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Employment Authorization Document

Event Date

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Timeline
i am reaching the 6 months deadline since we got the nao1 letter, i hope vermont will wake up and start sending some noa2's. it seems like vermont it concentrating more on the k3 than k1 petition. i am also thinking about contacting my congressman, if i dont get my nao2 by the end of this month, i dont think he will be able to do much, since my petition is still within the processing dates, good luck to all of us.

Hi there! Just like you, we're also waiting for our NOA2. We filed on April 1 and got our NOA1 on April 9. We were supposed to get our NOA2 last July 23. Instead, we got an RFE and responded to it on August 8. Vermont said that it would take 2 to 8 weeks before we hear from them again. This means that we should be getting our NOA2 anytime before October 8. Now, September is about to end, and we haven't heard from them yet. I have also been checking the timelines. I've noticed that they're making pretty much of a progress on K3 rather than K1. Oh well, it's agonizing to be away from the one you love, you're truthfully right. I hope Vermont is going to hasten their processing for all of us. It's just unpredictable on every case they're working on. I don't get why others have been approved sooo soon and a few others haven't been just yet. Gosh, this is quite puzzling!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.