Dusy

A bit concerned

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I was just wondering when exactly I should be expecting the letter for my biometrics appointment. I have checked some of the timelines and they seem to have received it not too long after receiving their NOA. Should I be concerned, or just wait it out?? And how long should I wait?? Thanks! ps as you can see by my timeline, I received my NOA on August 11.

Edited by Dusy

AOS, EAD & AP

Aug 3- AOS EAD & AP packet sent to Chicago

Aug 7- USCIS received packet

Aug 15- NOA1 for all 3

Aug 22- Biometrics notice received in mail

Aug 26- Case transferred to CSC

Aug 28- Biometrics appt

Aug 31- Case received by CSC

Sept 5- AOS touched ( didn't know what a "touch" was until today) :)

Sept 7- Touched

Sept 14- Touched

Sept 15- Touched

Sept 21- AOS APPROVED!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Sept 22- Touched and email received in the wee hours of the morning saying welcome notice was mailed Sept 21

Sept 27- Touched and Email received that my case approved and that an approval notice was mailed today!! Huh??

Sept 28- Touched

Sept 29- Received my greencard and welcome notice :)

I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

7/30/08 I-751 sent today

8/01/08 Received in VT

8/07/08 Check cashed

8/11/08 NOA received - 1 year extension

5/08/09 Biometrics appt---finally, after what........nine months

5/12/09 Congratulations letter received--that was fast :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would not panic just yet.

My NOA date was June 10th. My Bio appointment was for July 15th.

You should be receiving it soon

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
Hello,

I was just wondering when exactly I should be expecting the letter for my biometrics appointment. I have checked some of the timelines and they seem to have received it not too long after receiving their NOA. Should I be concerned, or just wait it out?? And how long should I wait?? Thanks! ps as you can see by my timeline, I received my NOA on August 11.

Probably in the mail already...30-40 days after NOA is not unusual.

For some reason, CSC seems to be a little quicker than VSC on this point. But, like the other posts, you are probably going to see this in a week or sooner. Remember, we just finished August, which is the month most people take vacation so maybe you got caught in the VSC vacation cycle.

Thank you!! I feel better :) I will wait it out for a bit!

AOS, EAD & AP

Aug 3- AOS EAD & AP packet sent to Chicago

Aug 7- USCIS received packet

Aug 15- NOA1 for all 3

Aug 22- Biometrics notice received in mail

Aug 26- Case transferred to CSC

Aug 28- Biometrics appt

Aug 31- Case received by CSC

Sept 5- AOS touched ( didn't know what a "touch" was until today) :)

Sept 7- Touched

Sept 14- Touched

Sept 15- Touched

Sept 21- AOS APPROVED!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Sept 22- Touched and email received in the wee hours of the morning saying welcome notice was mailed Sept 21

Sept 27- Touched and Email received that my case approved and that an approval notice was mailed today!! Huh??

Sept 28- Touched

Sept 29- Received my greencard and welcome notice :)

I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

7/30/08 I-751 sent today

8/01/08 Received in VT

8/07/08 Check cashed

8/11/08 NOA received - 1 year extension

5/08/09 Biometrics appt---finally, after what........nine months

5/12/09 Congratulations letter received--that was fast :)

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Dusy and Everyone,

Likewise, I'm in the same situation with the I-751 at the VSC, I submitted my paperwork in August, got my NOA about a week later, and am still waiting for the biometrics letter in September too (see my VJ timeline). I don't want to be too concerned about the biometrics letter either, though I would like to get it done as soon as possible and wonder what's keeping them so long. Meanwhile, the only thing to do is to wait and be patient....

By the way, since you're also at the VSC, you can add your name and information to the following message thread list: "VSC I-751 Status List" (look for the last updated list on the last page), so you can see and track your progress too, compared to other VJers on the same boat:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=110056

Good luck with your immigration journey. Be patient....

Ant (Still waiting and trying to be patient with the VSC...)

Hello,

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.