john & jean

REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS

9 posts in this topic

AFTER MANY MONTHS OF WAITING FOR OPPROVAL FROM USCIS, THEN TWO MONTHS AT NVC, NOW PASSING ANOTHER MONTH AT THE EMBASSY. OUR DOCUMENT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. WE ARE WAITING FOR THE CO!! DOES ANYONE HAVE A GUESS/ESTIMATE OF WHEN WE WILL GET A VISA???

WE HAVE NOT BEEN ASKED FOR ANY MORE PROOFS OR EVIDENCE. WILL SENDING ANYTHING ELSE BE LOOKED AT???

PLEASE ADVISE!!!!!!

john

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
AFTER MANY MONTHS OF WAITING FOR OPPROVAL FROM USCIS, THEN TWO MONTHS AT NVC, NOW PASSING ANOTHER MONTH AT THE EMBASSY. OUR DOCUMENT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. WE ARE WAITING FOR THE CO!! DOES ANYONE HAVE A GUESS/ESTIMATE OF WHEN WE WILL GET A VISA???

WE HAVE NOT BEEN ASKED FOR ANY MORE PROOFS OR EVIDENCE. WILL SENDING ANYTHING ELSE BE LOOKED AT???

PLEASE ADVISE!!!!!!

john

CR1 Visa is more beneficial thatn a K3 Visa.. Yes the waiting time is longer than K3 but your fiance does not have to adjust status when she got there in the US.. She will not either need to apply for EAD as well... She will receive her SSN and can work immediately..

More cheaper..

It is worth to wait, just be patient..

jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

PLEASE ADVISE!!!!!!

john

CR1 Visa is more beneficial thatn a K3 Visa.. Yes the waiting time is longer than K3 but your fiance does not have to adjust status when she got there in the US.. She will not either need to apply for EAD as well... She will receive her SSN and can work immediately..

More cheaper..

It is worth to wait, just be patient..

John,

I have found this Article on line for your information..

What is the CR-1 Visa?

The CR-1 (Conditional Resident) visa allows applicants to receive conditional permanent residence upon arrival in the US. Recipients of the CR-1 are able to work immediately upon arrival in the US. Conditional Residents usually receive their green card in the mail 2 - 3 months after arrival. Permanent resident status is considered conditional, because the immigrant must prove that they did not get married merely to circumvent the immigration laws of the United States.

The conditional resident and the US citizen spouse must apply together to remove the conditional status of permanent residence. It is advisable to apply 90 days before the end of the spouse’s second year as a conditional resident. If the application to remove conditional status is not filed in time, the immigrant spouse could lose her conditional resident status and be subject to removal from the country.

What is an IR-1 Visa?

An IR-1 (Immigrant Resident) visa is for a spouse of a US citizen that has been married to the US citizen for two (2) or more years. The IR-1 is basically the same as the CR-1 except that upon arrival in the United States the holder of an IR-1 visa is an unconditional permanent resident with the immediate right to work. There is no conditional period of residence and the IR-1 holder does not need to file to have his/her residence made permanent. IR-1 holders usually receive their green card in the mail 2 - 3 months after arrival.

K-3 Visa & CR-1 Visa Process

The K-3 visa vs. the Immigrant (CR-1, IR-1) visas:

The K-3 visa was created with one intention: to allow spouses of U.S. citizens to swiftly get a visa to the U.S. without waiting for an immigrant visa (CR-1, IR-1) to become available. However, for spouses of U.S. citizens, there is no annual limit to the number CR-1 or IR-1 visas that can be issued each year, so an these visas are always immediately available.

The only difference between the K-3 and the immigrant visas (CR-1 and IR-1) is processing time. The USCIS must apply the exact same standards to both the CR-1 and IR-1 petitions for spouses of US Citizens as it does for K-3 visa petitions for spouses of US Citizens. It usually takes 2-3 months longer for the CR-1 and IR-1 Visa’s to be processed because the National Visa Center takes more time to process these visas.

The K-3 visa is faster up front, but a spouse who enters the country on a K-3 visa must adjust his or her status to conditional residency after he or she enters the United States. The time and money saved by getting the K-3 visa is made up because the adjustment of status demands an additional investment of time and money.

The bottom line: If you are looking to get your spouse into the United States as soon as possible then the K-3 visa is the way to go. However, if speed is not essential and if it is important that your spouse is a permanent resident from the moment he/she enters the US and will be able to work upon entry into the country, then the Immigrant (CR-1 and IR-1) visas are a better fit.

jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

well as for time frame for cr-1 it took me and my wife 4 days short of 1 year to be home here in the usa but it was worth the wait. k-3 isnt much faster you have to figure in the AOS time also for k-3 because your wife cant really do anything but sit at home till all is finished. like work or drive.

cr-1/ir-1 can do that the day they arrive if they want except it takes 3 wek for the GC and SSN to arrive.

good luck

THANKS EVERYONE, REALLY TRYING TO KEEP THE STRESS LEVEL LOW !

HOWEVER IT IS VERY DIFFICULT, WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR A LOOOOONG TIME....

I APPRECIATE THE POSITIVE THOUGHTS!!!!

john&Jean

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

good luck :thumbs:

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

we would have gone to CR route instead after realizing all the hassles that my fiance and I will still go through when I get to US. even if CR-1 takes longer to process i believe that it's worth it so just hang in there. God bless

Edited by pinoy_pinay

"We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28

[/url]

John, I understand your impatience. We had originally wanted a K3 but when we learned that our case had gone on to NVC without the 129F, we decided that the CR1 was still the best. I would be able to work sooner and drive around sooner. I do not take to well to just sitting at home ever since I finished med school and being able to find work while I get my license to practice will do me a lot of good. I was glad to have our petition approved in record time but things have come to a standstill at the moment. We both would like to have the process at NVC go smoothly, even preparing all the needed paperwork way in advance. Nothing has moved at NVC for the past week and the idleness is increasing our impatience. We wish to have this all done in time for the holidays. My husband will not be with me on our first wedding anniversary and I guess having that visa in hand would lessen the loneliness much. If i had it my way, i'd have a interview even in the next hour. My husband and I long for our little family to be complete and it is all we think about.

At least you are at the embassy stage and your waiting time is near its end. Count yourself fortunate as others are waiting still.

Good luck to all of us.

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

Don't always assume that the K-3 will be faster than the CR-1. Our CR-1 interview was scheduled March 15, 2006. Our K-3 interview was scheduled over a month LATER in April 2006, after my asawa had already arrived in the USA. The I-130 already has a good head start on the K-3 since you need the NOA1 from the I-130 to file the I-129F petition for the K-3. That was the extra month for us, since at the time Nebraska filers were being transferred to California. As it was, we still did the CR-1 in 9 months flat!!

Edited by Michael and Milahjean

Michael and Milah Jean

04/24/2006 | Married in Leyte
06/16/2006 | Mail I-130 petition to NSC
03/15/2007 | INTERVIEW - 6:30 am - APPROVED!!!!
04/05/2007 | ARRIVED IN AMERICA!!! (Detroit)
04/14/2007 | Received SSN card in mail
04/23/2007 | Received 2 yr green card
04/24/2007 | CELEBRATE FIRST ANNIVERSARY!!!
11/16/2007 | We're pregnant!!!
07/01/2008 | Ester Faith born at 11:49 pm
02/12/2009 | Mail I-751 petition to remove conditions
04/16/2009 | Approved - Letter recd 4/21/2009
06/29/2009 | Received 10 yr green card
07/11/2009 | Received Ohio driver's license - passed road test 1st try!!
01/29/2011 | We're preggie...again!!!
09/21/2011 | Eugene Filip born - 7:55 am

02/29/2016 | Mail N-400 application

05/19/2016 | Naturalization interview

06/16/2016 | Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.