lethimrace

greencard holder visiting Canada for one month

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Can i stay in Canada for one month? Would that make a trouble if i stay for one month in Canada?

Thank you very very much.

You can't live outside the United States unless when the time you apply your AOS, you are also apply an Application for Travel Document which allow you to travel outside the United States.

check this website from uscis. gov: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-131instr.pdf

Happy trip!:)

K-1 TIMELINE

Feb . 01, 2007- met online

Sept. 12, 2007-first met in person( He came to the PHil for the 1st time, stayed for 2 weeks)

Sept. 20, 2007- "ENGAGEMENT DAY"

Sept. 25,2007- fly back to Georgia, USA

October 17, 2007- Send Papers to USCIS

November 7- USCIS received our papers.

November 14-2007- received the NOA1

Feb. 9, 2008-USCIS aprroved the petition.

Feb. 15, 2008- NOA 2 received and manila case number.

March 28, 2008- MY MEDICAL EXAM( it took 2 days to have your med exam)

April 4, 2008- THE MOMENT DAY- MY INTERVIEW ( mixed emotions i had during this day)

April 14, 2008- still waiting my visa until this time. ( I keep my faith and prayers always to God)

April 29, 2008- My fiancee called the US embassy to follow up my visa, and Lorraine told himvisa is approved!!

April 29, 2008- Delbros texted me that my visa is ready for delivery.

May 2, 2008- visa on hand ( Thanks God)

May 6, 2008- Fly to Manila for my CFO seminar.

May 7, 2008- I arrived in LAX airport & finally met my mahal again after 8 months away from each other.

May 8, 2008- Finally I arrived in Georgia ( my home, my new place, my new life, my new country)

July28, 2008 - MY BIG DAY!!

"Believe that the best will happen everyday,be aware that even trials are gifts to make us strong enough to face life!!!!

Mike & Chris

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

i now have my greencard. i got it since March this year. my concern is if i can stay for one month in Canada without having problems with my immigration status. But still thank you very much.

~*God Speed*~

Filed: Timeline
Can i stay in Canada for one month? Would that make a trouble if i stay for one month in Canada?

Thank you very very much.

You can't live outside the United States unless when the time you apply your AOS, you are also apply an Application for Travel Document which allow you to travel outside the United States.

check this website from uscis. gov: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-131instr.pdf

Happy trip!:)

I actually replied on a previous post...same question...if you have green card already...yes...u can

But since you posted multiple times I am going to give u the funny answer...same as yahoo answer

"

No, you must now reside permanently in the US.

If you are a Buddhist, you can request to have this status removed in a future life.

* 2 hours ago

Source(s):

Wikipedia. US Department of Immigration. The Dalai Lama's home page.

"

:devil:

my husband and i are planning to visit europe or even canada for that matter also... just that even if i have a GC, a country like spain for example needs a visa from me (knowing im not a USC) before i can visit and a bunch of requirements (same as applying for a US tourist visa, and we all know the hassle of it)... thats ok, but the worst part is that we have to fly in L.A for the appointment... gosh how can we have a euro tour when every country that i visit will ask for my visa :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: guess i have to wait to become a citizen and or, is there any simple way that i didnt know yet lol????

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
my husband and i are planning to visit europe or even canada for that matter also... just that even if i have a GC, a country like spain for example needs a visa from me (knowing im not a USC) before i can visit and a bunch of requirements (same as applying for a US tourist visa, and we all know the hassle of it)... thats ok, but the worst part is that we have to fly in L.A for the appointment... gosh how can we have a euro tour when every country that i visit will ask for my visa :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: guess i have to wait to become a citizen and or, is there any simple way that i didnt know yet lol????

Getting a Visa in Europe is easy, yes you might have to fly to LA but it is worth it if you are planning to do EURO TRIP.. If you get approved they will issue SCHENGEN VISA for 3 months.. Which state are you?

jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
i now have my greencard. i got it since March this year. my concern is if i can stay for one month in Canada without having problems with my immigration status. But still thank you very much.

Your question should be.. Do I need a Visa to go to CANADA? Greencard does not count when you are outside the US.. You may want to check canadian embassy website for visit visa information..

You can leave the US for a month or even 8 months, provided that you will return 1 month before a year.

jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.