*Maureen*

FRIDAY!!!

145 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Well I might be turning 35 but sill have no idea how to stop the wheels of time from turning so I just accept the reality of age but my spirit is young and I think that is what matters. Oh the lies that we tell ourselves... :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Now, back to out mission in Korea - well, we got to look sharp next to Mr. Charles so for business suites are a must - powerful yet stylish...but then once the business is all done and over with we are transforming ourselves into more relaxed state of mind and a wardrobe to match

I know we're talking Korea, but do you know what I want? I want a kimono. I found an aqua-blue one with goldfish on it-- which you know is PERFECT for me!!

I have an excellent suit. It will do very well to make me look professional. it's grey merino wool, light-weight, but will work for several temperatures.

LOL @ might be turning 35. I try to tell myself about mind and spirit and whatever, but then I see people in their teens and 20s and remember that I am getting older. I also remember that during working out and thinking about how much that sucks.

I haven't been to Korea, but I know people who have and rarely hear anything good except the prices are cheap there. Maybe those people had bad experiences though, lol.

I would love to go to Japan though!

LOL! I just wrote about a kimono! I've heard good things EXCEPT girls coming back and saying they went there and felt huge compared to the locals. That is not good for the self esteem.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Good idea with the taekwando - someone has to have out back, you will then be in charge of security detail, I got the husky build for the job and you will have the skills to share - Nessa has nothing to worry about, Charles will be well protected during his foreign travels and you are making an excellent point of us being vigilant that he has all the bases covered when it comes to keeping his wife happy

I do agree about Japan - fascinating culture, history and cusine...

I am great with scheduling. This will work out well... also yes, I can be on security detail. I am always the one people least expect to cause problems and am often overlooked. great for being sneaky and secret.

I can speak some conversational Japanese and can read limited kanji, so we can just schedule a side-trip.

ETA, S & S can be our liason in Japan.

Edited by julianna

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
LOL! I just wrote about a kimono! I've heard good things EXCEPT girls coming back and saying they went there and felt huge compared to the locals. That is not good for the self esteem.

That made me :lol: and :crying: at the same time. I already have issue with my self-esteem so I guess after our trip I either sink into a huge bottomless depression or :wacko:

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Timeline

That made me :lol: and :crying: at the same time. I already have issue with my self-esteem so I guess after our trip I either sink into a huge bottomless depression or :wacko:

You had better believe it made me depressed to think about it. The friend I had who told me that said that she felt fat.. and she? Is not fat. She's tall and thin and has the same body as Angelina Jolie. That made em think twice about it, but you know what? We should jsut go and have fun anyway. WHo cares!

Timeline
Good idea with the taekwando - someone has to have out back, you will then be in charge of security detail, I got the husky build for the job and you will have the skills to share - Nessa has nothing to worry about, Charles will be well protected during his foreign travels and you are making an excellent point of us being vigilant that he has all the bases covered when it comes to keeping his wife happy

I am great with scheduling. This will work out well... also yes, I can be on security detail. I am always the one people least expect to cause problems and am often overlooked. great for being sneaky and secret.

I can speak some conversational Japanese and can read limited kanji, so we can just schedule a side-trip.

I guess Japan sounds like a perfect destination for us - you will be the tour guide since you know the language and it's a perfect place to show off your kimono with the goldfish - I like the sound of it...

Julianna the sneaky kimono wearing secret service - I love the idea... :dance:

Yeah- we are getting a 4th female companion Japan - the more the merrier, great idea S & S!

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

Timeline

You had better believe it made me depressed to think about it. The friend I had who told me that said that she felt fat.. and she? Is not fat. She's tall and thin and has the same body as Angelina Jolie. That made em think twice about it, but you know what? We should jsut go and have fun anyway. WHo cares!

That's the spirit - we may stand out in the crowd but as you said who cares - life is an adventure and we don't get many do overs so the hell with the self-esteem, let's live a little and see the world and all of it's wonders :thumbs:

OK - all this talk about Japan just reminded me that it's time for the second coat of the "Japanese Fern" - be back in a flash...

Edited by ~*Dorothy*~

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I guess Japan sounds like a perfect destination for us - you will be the tour guide since you know the language and it's a perfect place to show off your kimono with the goldfish - I like the sound of it...

Yeah- we are getting a 4th female companion Japan - the more the merrier, great idea S & S!

I'll definitely do the Japan portion of the trip. I bet the sushi is so great there compared to here too! As for Kimonos, I want one too. I think they look great!

As for the women being skinny, who cares? Don't men like women with some curves and meat on their bones? Who wants a toothpick?

Edited by S and S

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline
I'll definitely do the Japan portion of the trip. I bet the sushi is so great there compared to here too! As for Kimonos, I want one too. I think they look great!

As for the women being skinny, who cares? Don't men like women with some curves and meat on their bones? Who wants a toothpick?

I love sushi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

Timeline

UUGGHHH! VJ was so slow there for a while, i couldn't reply!

I used to get this magazine, Kimono Hime, because I loved the pics! I want to go to Japan for Hanami (the cherry blossom watching). That looks awesome.

OK, now S&S is on board with this wing of the trip. She can be the other half of the security detail. You and Olivia can scout for great restaurants.

LOL Charles is going to log on and find we've planned a whole trip without him or his consent. Doesn't matter, we don't need it. We've hired ourselves.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

UUGGHHH! VJ was so slow there for a while, i couldn't reply!

I used to get this magazine, Kimono Hime, because I loved the pics! I want to go to Japan for Hanami (the cherry blossom watching). That looks awesome.

OK, now S&S is on board with this wing of the trip. She can be the other half of the security detail. You and Olivia can scout for great restaurants.

LOL Charles is going to log on and find we've planned a whole trip without him or his consent. Doesn't matter, we don't need it. We've hired ourselves.

lol, Julianna, I can be your wingman in Japan!

Charles should be honored to have such dedicated assistants that do things for him without even having to ask!

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline

Charles should be honored to have such dedicated assistants that do things for him without even having to ask!

We'll have to wear something other than kimonos though. You totally cannot fight in one of those. You can barely walk at a brisk pace.

Do you speak any Japanese? We'll need help as mine is pretty spotty.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I haven't been to Korea, but I know people who have and rarely hear anything good except the prices are cheap there. Maybe those people had bad experiences though, lol.

one of the things people who have been to korea say - as soon as you get off the plane, your nose tells you that you are there.

was in japan as a kid, i loved it there.

i didn't log off :devil:

i am, i am.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

We'll have to wear something other than kimonos though. You totally cannot fight in one of those. You can barely walk at a brisk pace.

Do you speak any Japanese? We'll need help as mine is pretty spotty.

<<<<<<<<<<<< speakin Japanese LOL :whistle:

thm_phpLM1Zud.gifthm_phpLM1Zud.gifthm_phpLM1Zud.gifthm_phpLM1Zud.gifthm_phpLM1Zud.gif

"I know it seems hard sometimes but remember one thing. Through every dark night, theres a bright day after that. So no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep ya head up.... and handle it""

Timeline

one of the things people who have been to korea say - as soon as you get off the plane, your nose tells you that you are there.

i am, i am.

LOL! Well, as you can see, we're quite good assistant who are good at making plans, delegating, and taking responsibility. We obviously work well independantly and with others (that sounds very official).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i am, i am.

LOL! Well, as you can see, we're quite good assistant who are good at making plans, delegating, and taking responsibility. We obviously work well independantly and with others (that sounds very official).

it sounds good. now to see if the company will buy off on it. :no:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.