lLeigh

Sept 2008 K1 VSC filers

922 posts in this topic

I just found the website for the Congressman that deals with our part of NC. I emailed him, will this be sufficient? I had to fill out personal details on the screen, like our case no., SS no. etc? I'm totally over dealing with USCIS! I eventually was put through to a supervisor earlier after I had had enough of their parrot like answers from their chart, bollocks to that!! I DON'T EVER WANT TO HEAR THEM SAY APRIL AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this supervisor, lovely voice, very soothing, absolutely useless :bonk: He just repeated the same ####### all the others do, so when I asked him to contact Vermont, 'Oh we can't do that.' Why I asked? 'WE have no way of contacting them' Oh I said, how is it that a customer (dis)service department has no way of communicating with the department they are answering questions for? No reply. So, I asked, is it true my case has been assigned to an officer as one of your colleagues told me last week? I have no way of knowing that ma'am, our screens don't show that type of information?' So how was it your colleague said it had been assigned? 'I don't know' he said. So I can only assume she made it up. That has upset me even more. Honestly, I wish we'd just got married and dealt with them after the event, this is utter #######, its discraceful that they are allowed to get away with it.

Edited by Kirsten UK

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
I just found the website for the Congressman that deals with our part of NC. I emailed him, will this be sufficient? I had to fill out personal details on the screen, like our case no., SS no. etc? I'm totally over dealing with USCIS! I eventually was put through to a supervisor earlier after I had had enough of their parrot like answers from their chart, bollocks to that!! I DON'T EVER WANT TO HEAR THEM SAY APRIL AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this supervisor, lovely voice, very soothing, absolutely useless :bonk: He just repeated the same ####### all the others do, so when I asked him to contact Vermont, 'Oh we can't do that.' Why I asked? 'WE have no way of contacting them' Oh I said, how is it that a customer (dis)service department has no way of communicating with the department they are answering questions for? No reply. So, I asked, is it true my case has been assigned to an officer as one of your colleagues told me last week? I have no way of knowing that ma'am, our screens don't show that type of information?' So how was it your colleague said it had been assigned? 'I don't know' he said. So I can only assume she made it up. That has upset me even more. Honestly, I wish we'd just got married and dealt with them after the event, this is utter #######, its discraceful that they are allowed to get away with it.

Sorry about your experience with USCIS - I didn't even bother contacting them bc I know it will always be the same you can read on the website. I would follow up with the congressmen to make sure he received your email. Usually someone on the staff will follow up on the request, but a phone call wouldn't hurt to their office to make sure. The better they know you and your situation, the more they would probably be willing to help. Good luck!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Sorry about your experience with USCIS - I didn't even bother contacting them bc I know it will always be the same you can read on the website. I would follow up with the congressmen to make sure he received your email. Usually someone on the staff will follow up on the request, but a phone call wouldn't hurt to their office to make sure. The better they know you and your situation, the more they would probably be willing to help. Good luck!!!

Thanks for the advise, I just received an e'mail from the congressman office, hopefully they will do something for my case, since USCIS is already working on October filers, the last few approvals have been for October...... :wacko:

LUISH

Ha! I just checked my timeline and its changed again since this morning:

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between February 8, 2009 and February 18, 2009*.

:(

Ha! I just checked my timeline and its changed again since this morning:

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between February 8, 2009 and February 18, 2009*.

:(

the timelines are meaningless..i followed them like the bible before my rfe. now...i don't even look at it. but i know how you feel compelled to look at them...watch ...watch....watch

It works so well for most!

I tell you, if I was a manager at Vermont I would kick so many ####'s for their inability to get through cases in a timely manner. I am passed caring that some take longer than others as they may be more complicated....none can be so complicated that they need to be usurped by Nov/Dec filers :huh: I'm sure its just a personal race to get good stats and simply leave the more time consuming files until they absolutley have to be done. How long do extra checks take? Probably minutes, an hour or so at most on their databases? Come on Vermont, stop treating people so badly!

It’s weird really how my emotions changed over the last few weeks. I got so excited when the VSC finally started to approve August filers knowing it would be us next.

Then they started to approve us, September filers, with still a great majority of August people unapproved at that time. I felt sorry for the August filers that they haven’t been all approved yet but maybe our time has come. Uncaring attitude, maybe, but I was thankful that our turn has finally come.

Then they got underway with us and day after day, nothing. Frustration, anxiety... Then, touch... yeay, hopes spiralled only to find out it was a RFE. Frustration set in waiting for the paper copy to turn up (could it be any slower?) and then of course it arrives on Friday when you can't post it back the next day. Boooo!!! At that time, I still had a hope that they might approve us as soon as they get the requested paper back but after 3 touches and still nothing, the hope has evaporated leaving just an empty hole. :cry:

And now the October files are coming through in a steady flow, I feel annoyed with myself for not being more careful with filling in the form, disappointed, resentful. It’s not as if I begrudge them their approvals but we all wait in line at the supermarket to pay for our goods so how come the VSC (and I suspect the CSC as well) have no idea of the concept “wait for your turn in a timely manner”. Maybe somebody should teach them the come, first served theory. I suppose now I understand how the August files felt when we started to get approved! It's beyond feeling frustrated. So disheartening....

Now I really wish we just got married last year and deal with K3/CR1 instead. As it stands we might spend the same amount of time waiting our K1 as we would have waited for the spousal visa. And no AOS hassle afterwards... too late now :(

My hope is drying out that we'll get approved this month but I hate giving up hope… So I'm carrying on hoping that even if we (as a couple) don't get approved this month, the rest of the September and August filers will.

Best of luck to us all. (F)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS timeline

I-485,I-765 & I-131 sent: 07-27-2009

Arrived at Chicago lockbox: 07-29-2009

NOA (for all 3): 08-03-2009

Transfer to CSC: 08-26-2009

Touched I-485: 09-01, 02, 03 & 04-2009

Biometrics appointment: 09-02-2009

AP received: 09-18-2009

EAD card received: 09-21-2009

AOS approved: 10-15-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

ohh guys.. I am speechless about your cases :crying: Ireally can't understand why VSC does it !?!?!? They started approving Octobers filers.. WHY???? There are many people from Sep and Aug still waiting for approvals... oh God.. it's no fair!!! I am sorry for all you and I do hope all you will get it till the end of Feb!!!!

K1

09/11/08 - I-129F Sent
09/16/08 - I-129F NOA1
02/06/09 - I-129F NOA2
02/13/09 - NVC Received
04/06/09 - NVC Left
04/09/09 - Embassy Received
05/18/09 - Interview Passed/Visa Approved
05/21/09 - Visa Received (picked up at Fedex in Kiev)
05/28/09 - Entered U.S. via JFK
05/29/09 - Applied for SS#
06/08/09 - SS# Received in the mail
06/12/09 - Applied for a Marriage License
06/19/09 - Wedding Day
07/03/09 - SS# under new name received in the mail

AOS/EAD/AP
07/27/09 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent
07/31/09 - Package arrived in Chicago
08/03/09 - NOA for all 3 forms
08/27/09 - Case transferred to CSC
09/02/09 - Biometrics appointment - Done
09/03/09 - EAD touched
09/04/09 - AOS touched
09/14/09 - AP & EAD approved - Card Ordered
09/18/09 - AP Received in the mail
09/21/09 - EAD Card received in the mail
09/25/09 - AOS Approved
09/29/09 - Green Card Sent
10/02/09 - Green Card Received.
12/18/09 - Got my Drivers License.

ROC
06/27/11 - I-751 Sent.
07/01/11 - NOA.
08/15/11- Biometrics appointment.
03/17/12- ROC Approved - No Interview.

Naturalization
01/21/15 - N-400 Sent

04/15/15 - Became a US Citizen

:crying::crying::crying: What about US VSC???????Im sooo depressed just looking at the october fillers who got approve !!!....why is that??what about AUGUST/SEPTEMBER??????????????????????This is Really UNFAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Another day of waiting........patience is running very thin, but nothing we can do about, I'm still hoping for an approval this week, we have today and tomorrow.......

It is really an ugly feeling but at the end it will be all worthy...

Good Luck everyone

LUISH

Timeline

Wow......looks like there was no approvals today, is not over yet but this is discouraging, another day that goes to waste, frustration is really taking over now.....again trying to have patience.... :angry:

Wow......looks like there was no approvals today, is not over yet but this is discouraging, another day that goes to waste, frustration is really taking over now.....again trying to have patience.... :angry:

I really feel for you Luish. I cannot imagine how hard it must be for you to go through this waiting hell not once but TWICE!!! You have more stamina, nerves and patience than I.

Hope you get your NOA2 really soon. And hopefully this time you'll get married before some other emergency pops up ;).

As for me, I'm thinking, if we are lucky, it might take VSC a month after they received the RFE before the approval. If that's the case, we'll be joining 6+ month club... Oh, I'm so annoyed.... :angry: If we are unlucky, hmmm, approval time will happen some time this year... :angry: But they can't ignore us forever...

BTW, my baby emailed his congressmen yesterday and somebody from his office replied almost instantly. Well, for us, it was the waste of words and time. Basically, they said what we already know that we need to get married before 90 days expires and all the c**p with AOS procedures and removing of conditions. Then as by the way comment, they said if we were not yet approved, there is no expedite! I was so cross when I read that. They didn't even bother to read the email properly otherwise they wouldn't have gone on for couple of paragraphs about us already having a visa. They obviously could not be bothered to do any work. Guess who we won't be voting for... I'm absolutely furious! :ranting: It's staggering to find so many incompetent people working for the government! I suppose nobody else would employ them without a brain transplant!!! :diablo:

Would be nice if the VSC could squeeze at least couple of August and September files by the end of today... Or is that asking to much?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS timeline

I-485,I-765 & I-131 sent: 07-27-2009

Arrived at Chicago lockbox: 07-29-2009

NOA (for all 3): 08-03-2009

Transfer to CSC: 08-26-2009

Touched I-485: 09-01, 02, 03 & 04-2009

Biometrics appointment: 09-02-2009

AP received: 09-18-2009

EAD card received: 09-21-2009

AOS approved: 10-15-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
BTW, my baby emailed his congressmen yesterday and somebody from his office replied almost instantly. Well, for us, it was the waste of words and time.

Something that some people do not know when contacting their congressman/woman or senator.

You need to authorize the congressman to act on your behalf, by signing some kind of privacy authorization form. It is nothing fancy, you can type one up yourself. But in it, you state that you authorize "John Doe" and his staff to act on your behalf. SIgn it.. and you MAIL it to the congressman.

If you e-mail or call them on the phone, there is very little they can do to help you, since they are not authorized to call the USCIS on your behalf and inquiry about your case or take any other action on your case.

So, the end result is, it is better to actually write your letter and an authorization document and mail it to the senator congressman's office. Maybe make a phone call a week later to verify they received your letter and take it from there.

Nick

I-129F mailed to VSC - 08/27/08

I-129F recieved at VSC - 08/28/08

Check Cleared - 09/02/08 (Case number on back of check, never mailed me NOA1)

Touched - 09/03/08

Touched - 09/23/08

Touched - 09/24/08 (I think it relates to my change of address request)

Approval notice - 02/26/09 (updated timeline)

Approval Hardcopy - 03/05/09

Left NVC - 03/05/2009

Interview - 05/19/2009

Entered USA- 08/03/2009

P.O.E. - Atlanta, GA

http://www.myspace.com/freethinkers

BTW, my baby emailed his congressmen yesterday and somebody from his office replied almost instantly. Well, for us, it was the waste of words and time.

Something that some people do not know when contacting their congressman/woman or senator.

You need to authorize the congressman to act on your behalf, by signing some kind of privacy authorization form. It is nothing fancy, you can type one up yourself. But in it, you state that you authorize "John Doe" and his staff to act on your behalf. SIgn it.. and you MAIL it to the congressman.

If you e-mail or call them on the phone, there is very little they can do to help you, since they are not authorized to call the USCIS on your behalf and inquiry about your case or take any other action on your case.

So, the end result is, it is better to actually write your letter and an authorization document and mail it to the senator congressman's office. Maybe make a phone call a week later to verify they received your letter and take it from there.

Nick

i wrote an actual letter and mailed it to congressman lobiondo. he wrote back within a week stating that he assigned my case to 'jane doe' and she had called USCIS on Feb. 6th. I called this woman yesterday and she said that she was informed that my case is being 'processed.' this explains the touch on feb. 6th. she also said she couldn't call again yet because she just called them 2 weeks ago. i really don't think this puts a spark in USCIS's tail. but, anything is worth a try.

K&A, I understand what you mean. I'm an August filer and it was beyond frustrating to see September and even October filers being approved when you were still waiting. In fact, there were people that had interviews and visas in hand before some August filers were even approved. It's still happening now.

Also Kirsten, don't worry about the timeline changing. When we started out, mine said December 11th and it kept being pushed back until it was at the end of January. As it was, we were approved at nearly 5 months, on January 2nd. The timelime is affected by others not updating their status, making mistakes, fluke approvals, etc.. just concentrate on the average of 4-6 month wait, and it's easier at least a little.

I hope you're all hanging in there, your time will come. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.