lizamaki

i don't get this anymore -- help!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi guys. we just need to vent out and ask for any of your thoughts and opinions.

our petition was filed in feb. 4 at CSC. it was touched in feb. 7, and then aug. 15. we have been waiting and waiting for our NOA2.

we have tried calling up USCIS office, so many times, but we never got to talk to a live person. we even asked a friend to call for us and she was passed on from one person to the next, for two hours.

we recently mailed a letter to USCIS, informing them of our situation, and asking at least for some explanation. we were so disappointed with their reply. they said that we should just check their website. duh???

we don't understand this anymore. their website states that if we are beyond their processing time, we should call up customer service or mail them. we did both and look what we got.

this is so frustrating.

honestly, if this thing is happening in my own country, the Philippines, i won't be surprised. but for it to happen in the USA?, i can't believe it. really.

we will appreciate any thoughts you can share with us.

God bless you

jason & liza

When you call CSC, go through all the steps to request information about an RFE, that will get you to a real person. It has to be you or your fiance who calls them, they will not release information to anyone else unless it is a lawyer who has been hired to represent you. It's insane how long this takes to process...just have faith, you'll get through this!

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I can totally empathize with your situation. I'm a Feb filer to the VSC although a few weeks later (Feb 28). Anyway, I too have called and gotten nothing from the customer service line. I have recently contacted my senator office and they are following up with the VSC so that might be an idea for you.

I know some people will disagree with me but I would say that your Aug 15 touch is a good sign that your file is moving somewhere....I have only received touches during one RFE and a change of address so I haven't had a touch since April.

Good luck to you, I think it's safe to say these centers are behind in their processing (why else would they go backwards on their posted processing times) so it'll come.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi there, I think you should follow the suggestion of Aravis. That's what we have been doing before we received NOA2. God bless!

"We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28

[/url]

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi guys. we just need to vent out and ask for any of your thoughts and opinions.

our petition was filed in feb. 4 at CSC. it was touched in feb. 7, and then aug. 15. we have been waiting and waiting for our NOA2.

we have tried calling up USCIS office, so many times, but we never got to talk to a live person. we even asked a friend to call for us and she was passed on from one person to the next, for two hours.

we recently mailed a letter to USCIS, informing them of our situation, and asking at least for some explanation. we were so disappointed with their reply. they said that we should just check their website. duh???

we don't understand this anymore. their website states that if we are beyond their processing time, we should call up customer service or mail them. we did both and look what we got.

this is so frustrating.

honestly, if this thing is happening in my own country, the Philippines, i won't be surprised. but for it to happen in the USA?, i can't believe it. really.

we will appreciate any thoughts you can share with us.

God bless you

jason & liza

We are January filer... and up to now we still don't have anything from NVC.. no manila case number, no letter if they got it already.. nada... I'm going nuts already. We tried everything.. but i guess we are unlucky... CIS progress is really based on luck. I'm already discouraged.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.