Henia

Tuesday Thread

122 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I would ask the esthetician about your skin type etc. A good spa/esthetician(which southern cali has as well!!) will help you pick after you tell them what you want...just relaxation or to actually clean out your skin.

Does that hurt? :( I think I'll try for both if possible :devil:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Good morning everyone

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 07/05/06 - Met Hayz online by accident

~ 03/30/08 - Packet sent to VSC

~ 04/22/08 - NOA1 issued - Yeah they took it this time

~ 05/22/08 - Touch

~ 07/25/08 - Touch (showed about 1pm on the USCIS site)

~ 07/25/08 - NOA2 sent (must have been later in the day - noticed it on 7/26)

~ 09/10/08 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED ! ! ! !

~ 09/12/08 - VISA RECEIVED

~ 10/17/08 - Arrival in the USA (JFK POE)

~ 10/31/08 - MARRIED! ! !

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ AOS¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 03/26/09 - Sent AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

~ 03/27/09 - AOS packet signed for by V BUSTAMANTE

~ 04/02/09 - NOA for AOS/ EAD / Travel Doc

~ 04/03/09 - Check cashed

~ 04/25/09 - Biometrics

~ 04/20/09 - Transferred to CSC

~ 04/25/09 - Transfer notice received in the mail

~ 04/27/09 - Arrived at CSC

~ 05/09/09 - Employment Auth / Travel Document Approved

~ 05/12/09 - AP approved - without an interview

~ 05/23/09 - Welcome letter received

~ 06/05/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED! ! !

~ 09/11/11 - DIVORCE - DIVORCE - DIVORCE

Filed: Timeline
I would ask the esthetician about your skin type etc. A good spa/esthetician(which southern cali has as well!!) will help you pick after you tell them what you want...just relaxation or to actually clean out your skin.

Does that hurt? :( I think I'll try for both if possible :devil:

It can be a little painful BUT soooo worth it. My skin shines.... I (L) facials and massages. LOL

We need a spa day for all MENA girls ... woohoo!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey sweet peach! I guess things worked out because I read you're going to Lebanon in a few weeks. Lucky girl!

Hi Kristen! (F) Good to see you posting. Wish I could do the mena girls meet-up. I think there is one in NYC and a VJ one in Seattle coming up.

Amal I've never had a period for 3 weeks straight but I had one that was 21 days late once for no good reason.

Kelly it's only hair it will grow back. I wacked mine off before the summer. It was about 6-7 inches I got ride of.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hey sweet peach! I guess things worked out because I read you're going to Lebanon in a few weeks. Lucky girl!

Hi Kristen! (F) Good to see you posting. Wish I could do the mena girls meet-up. I think there is one in NYC and a VJ one in Seattle coming up.

Amal I've never had a period for 3 weeks straight but I had one that was 21 days late once for no good reason.

Kelly it's only hair it will grow back. I wacked mine off before the summer. It was about 6-7 inches I got ride of.

I think we need a midwest MENA girl meet/spa day then! I'm up for it!

But not the last week of September - I just booked a trip to Cancun. My friend told me "Do you think you can go on a trip with me for my birthday that's NOT Morocco?" :whistle: I'm looking forward to it, though I'd RATHER it be Morocco - but it doesn't matter, he can't take the time off from work for me to go see him anyway (since I just went in June), so...FINE, I'll go to Mexico and TRY to have a good time...lol :P

Hey not to sound like a typical librarian (even though I am...heehee), but libraries carry the Pimsleur Arabic and I think some might even subscribe to an electronic version of Rosetta Stone! So check your libraries. It's cheaper than $500 :D

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Hey not to sound like a typical librarian (even though I am...heehee), but libraries carry the Pimsleur Arabic and I think some might even subscribe to an electronic version of Rosetta Stone! So check your libraries. It's cheaper than $500 :D

I, too, was going to suggest this. I get everything from the library - even if I want to buy a video or dvd for exercise, I like to try the library first - just so I can get a feel for it. I love the library!!! :dance::dance::dance:

I think we need a midwest MENA girl meet/spa day then! I'm up for it!

But not the last week of September - I just booked a trip to Cancun. My friend told me "Do you think you can go on a trip with me for my birthday that's NOT Morocco?" :whistle: I'm looking forward to it, though I'd RATHER it be Morocco - but it doesn't matter, he can't take the time off from work for me to go see him anyway (since I just went in June), so...FINE, I'll go to Mexico and TRY to have a good time...lol :P

You rock "Librarian Lady" LOOOL :) Yes they do carry them...or you can ask a friend to lend ya a copy...hehe :)

Ok, I've had the "visitor" for 3 weeks now but don't see an end in sight. What do I do about Ramadan? I have a feeling that I'm gonna have to make up the whole month :crying: and I reeeeeeeeeally don't wanna have to do that. Any way around this? I'm thinking about calling my gyn and inquiring about b/c pills again... :wacko:

Amal,

I understand the feeling of REALLY not wanting to make up all the days you miss from Ramadan. Especially if it's been 3 weeks so far. But please sister think of this: Ramadan is not a punishment. Ramadan is beautiful. We're not just fasting because "God said so." We are fasting to create self control within ourselves. We are fasting to remember all of those who fast involuntarily every day. We need to remember that they don't get to break the fast at the end of the day like we do. They are not as fortunate. It is also a time to reflect on yourself. What have you been doing in your life that is good and bad?

If you do have to make up a lot of days, spread them out over the year. Don't do them all at the same time. Maybe that would ease your mind. But please, be happy that it is Ramadan! Do not fear the days you might have to make up. :) Inshaallah you will be fine.

You know, just reading what u wrote calmed me..dunno why coz I already knew the reasons...but it did, so thanks! I may just copy it and read it on my more difficult days.

[pre-empt]Just to pre-empt any potential problems - FYI, the following links discuss menstruation. As such, this includes words like ####### and discusses menstruation in graphic detail. Let's all be adults and not have a laugh about this. Thanks [/pre-empt]

In the shafi'i school, after 15 days it's considered abnormal uterine bleeding and not menstruation

Bleeding Longer than 15 Days (Abnormal Uterine Bleeding)

Fiqh of Menstruation

According to the hanafis, it's AUB after 10 days

Irregular bleeding, should I not take a dispensation on this issue?

Whether you take the 10 or 15 day rule, after that, you make ghusul, and start to fast and pray again.

Rahma, you ROCK :thumbs: thanks! That was informative, yet confusing so I may try to look over it a bit closer when I get home.

Our AOs interview is in a few hrs... I'll keep u posted.... :thumbs:

goooooooooooooooooooooooooooood luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have no idea why, but I'm feeling incredibly guilty about being sick :(

I also wanted to share this Ramadan with my husband, but that's a no go and he has threatened to force nutrition down me :rolleyes: Oh well, I'm at school 3 nights out of 7 so I told him to go ahead and go to the mosque every night since I didn't need someone to break fast with. If I'm not fasting I might have the energy to go with him the nights I don't have school... gotta look at the positive :)

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i love the library idea never thought of that.

Second day of Ramadan is not as easy with the whole visa thing my nerves are frayed... Boy coffee tasted so good last night!!! only 7 hours and 43 min.... hehe

i love the library idea never thought of that.

Second day of Ramadan is not as easy with the whole visa thing my nerves are frayed... Boy coffee tasted so good last night!!! only 7 hours and 43 min.... hehe

Sent you a message...I'm missing coffee too! :) The smell of my pot of coffee last night made me dance! LOL :dance:

Edited by Nawal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Rahma, you ROCK :thumbs: thanks! That was informative, yet confusing so I may try to look over it a bit closer when I get home.

It is seriously confusing :wacko: But I guess that's why there are entire books dedicated to the subject.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
I have no idea why, but I'm feeling incredibly guilty about being sick :(

I also wanted to share this Ramadan with my husband, but that's a no go and he has threatened to force nutrition down me :rolleyes: Oh well, I'm at school 3 nights out of 7 so I told him to go ahead and go to the mosque every night since I didn't need someone to break fast with. If I'm not fasting I might have the energy to go with him the nights I don't have school... gotta look at the positive :)

Polar - You sound very, very sick and this holy time isn't meant for you to suffer - no one should ever fast if they're not physically well enough to do so - I'm Catholic (which I know Lent has nothing on the fasting of Ramadan) but I at times have been so ill, that my priest gave me a dispensation to eat meat on Fridays. I will say that there are also some Catholics who do fast regularly, drinking only water for sustenance for days on end - they will do this as a penance or to reconnect spiritually with the faith. Many of us also practice what we call a Eucharistic fast, which is where we don't eat or drink anything from dinner the night before until we go to Mass the next day - Catholics are now given a three-hour time frame, but there are still many of us who do it "Old School Style" - and everyday at that, for those who attend mass daily. Pardon my bandcamp story here - just thought I'd share. :ot:

Do what you can - and make some sacrifices in other ways. Maybe no sweets or sodas or anything that you truly, truly enjoy. Give money or food to the shelter in Miami. Ramadan is supposed to be a difficult time, but there is to be a sweetness to it, too...you shouldn't be killing yourself over it. Peace be with you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.