steve_maria

How did u cope with the wait?

22 posts in this topic

hello vjer's.guys i just like to ask how you cope up with waiting for the visa?me and my baby are really get bored and tired of waiting.we want so soon be together.

sometimes we feel depressed and we get cranky coz we miss each other so much.

hope that we get some advice or any suggestions...

thank you......

Yours Truly,

Maria and Steve

Timeline

May 2008........................We met for the first time. I did not know I was speaking to my future!

July 18, 2008...................Met my Sweet Lady for the first time in Cebu!

July 23, 2008...................Got Engaged!!!!!

July 26, 2008...................How could I bring myself to leave her? Going home to Dallas

August 16, 2008...............Mailed I-129f to Vermont Service Center via Fedex

August 18, 2008...............Check Cashed

August 20, 2008...............NOA1 Here we go! And now we wait and pray!

October 1, 2008...............NOA2 WOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

October 6, 2008...............NOA2 Hard Copy received in the Mail today

October 6, 2008...............NVC has received the Case and issued an MNL#

October 9, 2008...............Delbros Paid

October 10, 2008.............Manila Embassy received case

October 15, 2008.............Visa Application Fee Paid

October 19, 2008.............Called Embassy and received Interview Date

October 19, 2008.............Interview Date Scheduled for November 12th

October 27, 2008.............First Day of Medical Long Day at St.Lukes

October 29, 2008.............Second Day of Medical at St.Lukes. Completed and Passed!!!

October 29, 2008..............Received Interview Confirmation Email from the Embassey for Nov. 12th

November 12, 2008...........Interview at USEM 7am. Passed Thank You JV Family

November 16, 2008...........Got text from Delbros: Visa is ready for dispatch

November 18, 2008...........Got my Visa Today!!!! Thank God!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello. I spent time more with my family. Spent time reading others immigration stories, other's experiences and reading and posting here in VJ. :)

hello vjer's.guys i just like to ask how you cope up with waiting for the visa?me and my baby are really get bored and tired of waiting.we want so soon be together.

sometimes we feel depressed and we get cranky coz we miss each other so much.

hope that we get some advice or any suggestions...

thank you......

I HAVED COPED BY SPENDING MANY HOURS ON VISA JOURNEY. HELPING OTHERS AND AT TIMES HAVING OTHERS HELP ME. THIS FORUM IS LIKE A FAMILY MEMBER, ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP WHEATHER THROUGH INFORMATION OR MORAL SUPPORT WHEN A MEMBER IS HAVING A BAD DAY.

I COULD NOT DO THIS WITHOUT THE AWESOME PEOPLE THAT I HAVE BEFRIENDED HERE ON THE P.I. FORUM.

GOD BLESS

john&Jean

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
hello vjer's.guys i just like to ask how you cope up with waiting for the visa?

by VJing :D

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

thank you so much..this will help us a lot.

GOD BLESS and may GOD continue give you good health and your fiancee..

Yours Truly,

Maria and Steve

Timeline

May 2008........................We met for the first time. I did not know I was speaking to my future!

July 18, 2008...................Met my Sweet Lady for the first time in Cebu!

July 23, 2008...................Got Engaged!!!!!

July 26, 2008...................How could I bring myself to leave her? Going home to Dallas

August 16, 2008...............Mailed I-129f to Vermont Service Center via Fedex

August 18, 2008...............Check Cashed

August 20, 2008...............NOA1 Here we go! And now we wait and pray!

October 1, 2008...............NOA2 WOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

October 6, 2008...............NOA2 Hard Copy received in the Mail today

October 6, 2008...............NVC has received the Case and issued an MNL#

October 9, 2008...............Delbros Paid

October 10, 2008.............Manila Embassy received case

October 15, 2008.............Visa Application Fee Paid

October 19, 2008.............Called Embassy and received Interview Date

October 19, 2008.............Interview Date Scheduled for November 12th

October 27, 2008.............First Day of Medical Long Day at St.Lukes

October 29, 2008.............Second Day of Medical at St.Lukes. Completed and Passed!!!

October 29, 2008..............Received Interview Confirmation Email from the Embassey for Nov. 12th

November 12, 2008...........Interview at USEM 7am. Passed Thank You JV Family

November 16, 2008...........Got text from Delbros: Visa is ready for dispatch

November 18, 2008...........Got my Visa Today!!!! Thank God!!!!!

Timeline

:yes:

:thumbs:

Mga reyna ng..........VJ :lol::P at kagandahan siyempre! burger! :dance: burger! :dance:

Our Medical Experience

K1/K2 Interview Experience

glitterfy-flpbk9170423469534.gif

AOS/EAD/AP

09/11/09 *** Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

09/12/09 *** Received/signed by R.Mercado

09/17/09 *** NOA1 (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/21/09 *** NOA1 Hardcopy received (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/24/09 *** Biometrics Appointment Letter Rcvd 10/19, 11am

09/29/09 *** Appt. to correct typographic name error (referred for biometrics..done)

10/06/09 *** RFE: Form 1040 of recent tax yr

10/20/09 *** Processing resumed

10/21/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/22/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/27/09 *** Transferred to CSC (AOS)

10/28/09 *** Touched(AOS)

10/29/09 *** Notices sent: EAD card production, AP approved

10/30/09 *** Touched (EAD/AP)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AOS: processing resumes at CSC)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/03/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/04/09 *** AP approval letter received

11/03/09 *** Card production (EAD)

11/04/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/05/09 *** Touched (EAD)

11/06/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/07/09 *** EAD Card received

12/07/09 *** Welcome Notice mailed

12/08/09 *** Card production (AOS)

12/10/09 *** Approval notice mailed

12/12/09 *** GREEN CARD received

Timeline

Oh it was hard!!!!! Thank God its all done now! Eventhough we always see and talk to each other online its like the pc was literally 24/7 open and we're lucky and thankful for that. We waited for almost 2 years to be together and he came to me (philippines) two times within that time period. It's hard but we always try to keep time for each other everyday :blush: Good luck and Blessings ^_^

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Checking Vj is one of the first things I do in the morning. Phil forum is booked mark in my browser.

Because of VJ, I'm continuously meeting good friends, members who are always ready to give help for everybody.

other things I do while waiting in this unpredictable Journey is play online game, (World of Warcraft)
:lol:
with my husband. that's how we bond even he's away.

Edited by my_panacea = Greg

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

:yes:

Nice Cat Shape... Having pets is nice if ur feeling frustrated waiting for the visa process, thats y we call it a journey, its not easy yet; me, I got a dog and even though he doesnt speak any english / ilongo, i still talk to him!. I think he sometimes actually understands what im saying though. lol. God speed!. :innocent:

Edited by 21novassac

I keep myself busy. The art of diversion!

Divert attention to other things should be the key. If you're tired of IMs and e-mails, maybe you can send a postcard or snail mail or a scanned handwritten love letter just for a change.

I did lot of crazy things while we’re apart. I even come up with different drawing of scientific inventions and formula! Later on, my husband will reply to me: Oh sweetie, this invention is in the market all ready. I experimented a lot from automatic can shaker to automatic sanitary bathroom. How crazy is that!!?? I’m not even gifted. I did everything that will just to keep myself away from loneliness.

After too many diversion tactics, communicating with my husband is still the best of it all.

Family and friends are big help too. Spend time with family and friends but if you're kind of anti-social or a loner (like me), joining online community is a good place to spend those spare times when not chatting or talking with our special someones.

I hope you and your special someone will be together soon. It will be extra extra special for sure.

May the Lord bless your journey!

Hi, Steve@Maria, thanks for posting this topic. You hit me with with this. Last July I finally decide to stop working because I have to assists to my sisters` operation because nobody would stay for her since the rest of my siblings are married and so I have to make a choice that time. So what I did that time was to resign because I am not sure when I will be coming back in my work. All is well now, my sister is fully recovered from that operation. I am happy for her and I don`t have regrets giving up my work . But there are times that I feel bored and irritated because my life here in my hometown is so mechanical. I will sleep, wake up, eat, chat with my fiance everyday I even suggests to my fiance that we can just chat every other day because we almost talked everything about our life and I can`t share something new.If he would asks me to share, I am just quite and after few minutes he would asks me what happened, what`s the problem, is there something wrong?........Boredom and waiting makes me impatient and even affect my views in life but its just a state of mind, if we let ourselves affect by this we will be impatient. So I let myself outgrown this bad vibes and told myself not to be affected .We can do more things to ease boredom and be fruitful while waiting . When I am in that stage: I let myself busy helping my sister in law taking care of my 2 and 3 yrs. old nieces; reading USCIS homepage , VJ forums and learning to post topic are the best thing to do while waiting for visa approval. Browsing and reaching long lost friend in FRIENDSTER helps; making web page, do games like ZUMA, TEXT TWISTER and BOUNCE is fun and enjoyable try it. Reading and learning your fiance`s place is good outlet, it will help you familiarize your new place when you move to your fiance`s place, or the other way your fiance can learn Fil. cultures. it`s interesting to know foreign cultures and diversity.I did it ! so start browsing your fiance`s place, try to check their state`s website....! I even looked and bookmarked Filipino store in my fiance`s area for future reference.Writing snail mail also helps and last thing and most important thing. When I get tired doing this and I need to refresh I pray to give me strength in this journey.......! Waiting is a virtue.... Hope it helps! God bless!
bYG2g6k.jpgbYG2m4.png

Sent - July 5, 2011(California Service Center)

Received - July 7, 2011

Check cleared - July 12, 2011

Removal of the Conditional Status ( approved Sept. 9, 2011)

10 Years Green Card Received (Sept. 15, 2011)

Meditation, Drugs, and Alcohol

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Timeline

i know the waiting part is i believe the tedious part of the whole journey..whenever i saw a couple i would immediately remember that days that my big baby was here...hoping that he was here beside me..

to ease my loneliness, i have a work and my work requires me to be so busy all the time and my work schedule is graveyard shift so by the time that i get home.i am so tired but i also take time to talk with mah baby and after go straight to bed :D

i am only a newbie here and it is really helpful, you get to know a lot of people learn and also learn something from their experiences which are really beneficial for me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.