maggieNomar

Noura is ok

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
Maggie if you talk to Noura again let her know we are thinking of her and so happy she is fine and hopefully the worst is over and its just yucky cleanup from now on :)

Sure will Sara. I"ll let her know there is a thread here waiting when she gets back online. :D They expect to be out of power for a bit. I hope she is able to get some of the clean up done before she comes here next week so she doesn't have that hanging over her head. She had baked about 4 loaves of bread when we talked Saturday and said they were well stocked with batteries and mint tea :lol: I'm sure it's hard to see the house damaged but Praise God nothing serious/no leaks. :dance::dance:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

We received an SMS last night from Noura. I'm just so happy and thankful they are okay. Her message just stated as Maggie said that her communication is limited but they are doing good.

Wishing everyone a speedy "recovery" from the storm and that the damage sustained is minimal for all. (F)

THX MAGZ! Noura, stay safe girl!.....(and we didn't even get rain *harumph*)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline
THX MAGZ! Noura, stay safe girl!.....(and we didn't even get rain *harumph*)

Just wait Amal. Your turn is coming. :whistle:

I haven't been able to reach her today or my other friend in Baton Rouge. Cell service must be out. :crying:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

So good to hear that she is doing well, it got nasty here, but we never went without power for more than a couple of minutes. The hurricanes keep coming, now South Carolina, my daughter was born in Charleston. I had left that place just before Hugo hit, and it was ghastly for the city. I sure hope she gets her power back soon, since it is hot and humid. Sending her positive vibes.

This one is for you Noura, and I know you will understand this gift.
ice.jpg

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Timeline

Nice gift there GG!!

Now I got a text that they have a ceiling leak. Hope it's covered by insurance or not too costly. Don't want her to have to worry about her house while she is up here. :no:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

I talked to Noura 2nite. They have asked the residents of her city to not tie up the phone lines unless its an emergency. They have a small generator keeping the fridge going and a couple fans also. A tree fell on their roof but luckily they are ok. They are waiting for an insurance adjuster to come before they remove anything from that. She, hubby, and the animals are all as good as can be expected and they're just hangin' out waiting for their next step. She sends a shout out to all of u and thanks u for all ur prayers. Keep on prayin that their lives will be back to normal very soon ensha'allah.

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The good lord is watching over New Orleans. Glad to hear she is doin well!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank God she is alright.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

We actually got to TALK on the phone today :dance::dance: as opposed to the texting we were doing before.

Says about 70% of the city is still without power, but she is safe at her mom's. Apparently they live on the IMPORTANT grid and got power back already. Can't go to her office because of all the downed trees and power lines, and no power at the office. But Said is getting a lot of OT. She has been able to view some of the messages left on this thread via an Iphone but not able to reply. Said to tell you all she appreciates your concern and hopes to be on the net soon.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Very glad to hear Noura & Said are ok -- hope she's back at home and back online soon.

Thanks for the update, Maggie !

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.