jmmr

Preparing for the Interview

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello-

So I am preparing all the documents for Jorge's interview for next week. I have a few questions:

*Should I send him the Original NOA1 and NOA2? Or will a copy do just fine?

*Should I send him Original receipts from my vacation to Mexico, Plane tickets, clothe tags...and all of that? Or are copies ok? We have submitted these copies with the initial filing of I 129 F.

Will they want to keep the originals of my receipts..? I would really like to keep them for scrap booking....

How can I assure myself that they will not keep my originals? I am going to send Jorge my Birth Certificate from puerto rico.... he will take a copy and the original of pretty much everything... but how can i assure that they won't keep those docs.... I don't care if they keep the copies, but since I am not going... I am worried!

I also sent him the original phone bills since January.... will I be needing those after the interview for anything else? Should I keep a copy for myself?

I am so excited because he is going to fly on Sunday the 7th!!! Go to his medical exam on Monda, and Wednesday he will go to the interview. Hopefully they will give him the Visa that day or the day after so he can fly back to Mexico City on Thursday Evening. He will say his goodbyes and come to Washington Saturday and arrive Sunday. Something like that is what we are shooting for. :)

Thanks in advance!!!

(F)

3/18/2008 Began I-129 F

3/26/2008 Touch/Update

7/11/2008 Sent Jorge Proof of Ongoing Relationship

7/22/2008 TOUCH!! *feels bubbley inside*

7/22/2008 NOA2 By e-mail! WOO!!

7/23/2008 Touch After Approval

7/23/2008 Jorge Received Proof of Ongoing Relationship Packet That I Sent Him

7/26/2008 Received NOA2 Hard Copy

7/28/2008 Petition Arrived to NVC - Got my new case number!

7/30/2008 NVC shipped petition to MEXICO!! Getting closer and closer!

7/30/2008 Petition Arrived to CDJ-(Electronically I suppose???)

8/04/2008 NVC hard copy in my mail box =D

8/30/2008 Packet 3

9/02/2008 Mailing Jorge Interview Packet- Cost me 93 USD; worth it. He will hopefully get it on Thursday evening.

9/04/2008 Jorge Received the packet I sent him for the interview. YAY

9/05/2008 Jorge Received his packet 3 (identical to the one I received)

9/07/2008 Jorge flies to Juarez for Med and Interview

9/08/2008 Medical Date- went well :) He stood in line since 5:30 Am. He finished at 11:15 AM - ish

9/09/2008 Interview- SUCCESS!

9/16/2008 POE

9/17/1008 Arrives to East Wenatchee, WA

9/27/2008 Marriage

AOS EAD Steps

11/07/2008 - And so it begins

11/13/2008 - Touch

11/18/2008 - Appt Letter YAY (Nov. 28)

11/28/2008 - Biometrics Appointment

11/28/2008 - Touch

1/23/2008 - Travel Doc Approved

1/27/2009 - EAD Card ordered

1/31/2009 - Card Recieved

2/18/2009 - First day at new Job :)

4/09/2009 -AOS interview

APPROVED WOO! We are complete!

4/20/2009- Resident Card Received NOW we're complete!

Maria,

Any originals you decide to send, should have a photocopy of it too. That way they can look at the originals and if they want any of it for your file, they keep the photocopy. I don't know what Juarez asks for so can't advise on the specifics you asked. In London they did not want USC's birth certificate, passport, plane tickets, photos, NOA2, or phone bills. Didn't even look at any of those. They did want the appointment letter to get into the Embassy, but since CDJ doesn't schedule appointments, you don't have one.

How can you be sure they don't keep your originals? Tell Jorge to pay attention and say, "I need that back :ranting: " if they don't give it back to him. Write "copy" in the margin if you don't think he can tell the difference in the real docs and the copies to help him get it straight. Or put a little tiny post it note on them that says, Original birth certificate, Copy birth certificate. Whatever it takes to help poor Jorge out. :lol:

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
since I am not going... I am worried!
Good for you! Too many others on VJ see little wrong with treating interviews in a cavalier fashion, and I'm glad that you're not falling for it. Because consulates are bulletproof in their actions, I recommend taking NO chances. This is doubly important because you will not be on the premises at the consulate with him.

Send all originals of everything that you have, because the consul may want to see them. Keep copies of everything for yourself. If your consulate is reasonable and will actually LOOK at evidence that is brought, you can have your SO say that you really want to keep your original birth certificate. If all goes well, he can ask about retrieving the other original items either then or later. If he is granted the visa, you may get some of these materials back at POE (check into this).

Related sidebar: My heart always sinks when I read that VJers "assume" that the visa will be granted, and that plane tickets to the U.S. have been bought for shortly after the interview, etc. Although this seems to work out for most people, it could also result in emotional shock, financial loss, and changes in life plans. Embassies are NOT required to grant a visa at all; they are NOT required to make a decision on the day of the interview; they CAN order the U.S. partner to attend a second interview; they CAN experience transmission or printing problems that delay production of the visa; etc., etc. I hope that your experience is positive.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yea... we won't buy his plane ticket to Washington until he has his visa in hand. Just in case. Also, he isn't quiting until after wards. I recommend to wait. Even if a notice isn't given at work, who cares? :) I hope everything goes smoothly. So far Jorge told me that he doesn't have his police certificate translated :bonk: He can be a dork. SOmetimes I wonder!!! That's why I am so glad I got the packet instead. He's not so good with this kind of stuff :no:

So he has that to worry about.

I am soooooooooo going to put pink stickies that say "COPY!!" :lol:

So he will buy his plane ticket on Tuesday, after we find out when he will receive the packet that I send him. I have to ask UPS to see if they can over night ship there. Too bad they are closed tomorrow!! :huh: Oh well. I have EVERYTHING ready. I need 2 signatures from mY supervisor, and that's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited :)

Thanks for your responses.

I will send copies and originals of all. Just in case they need it. I won't send receipts though. I'll just send Plane tickets and luggage claim tags... that should be enough. The rest is phone bills, emails, phone cards, letters etc. I will pop in some more pics in there too.

:)

Edited by jmmr

3/18/2008 Began I-129 F

3/26/2008 Touch/Update

7/11/2008 Sent Jorge Proof of Ongoing Relationship

7/22/2008 TOUCH!! *feels bubbley inside*

7/22/2008 NOA2 By e-mail! WOO!!

7/23/2008 Touch After Approval

7/23/2008 Jorge Received Proof of Ongoing Relationship Packet That I Sent Him

7/26/2008 Received NOA2 Hard Copy

7/28/2008 Petition Arrived to NVC - Got my new case number!

7/30/2008 NVC shipped petition to MEXICO!! Getting closer and closer!

7/30/2008 Petition Arrived to CDJ-(Electronically I suppose???)

8/04/2008 NVC hard copy in my mail box =D

8/30/2008 Packet 3

9/02/2008 Mailing Jorge Interview Packet- Cost me 93 USD; worth it. He will hopefully get it on Thursday evening.

9/04/2008 Jorge Received the packet I sent him for the interview. YAY

9/05/2008 Jorge Received his packet 3 (identical to the one I received)

9/07/2008 Jorge flies to Juarez for Med and Interview

9/08/2008 Medical Date- went well :) He stood in line since 5:30 Am. He finished at 11:15 AM - ish

9/09/2008 Interview- SUCCESS!

9/16/2008 POE

9/17/1008 Arrives to East Wenatchee, WA

9/27/2008 Marriage

AOS EAD Steps

11/07/2008 - And so it begins

11/13/2008 - Touch

11/18/2008 - Appt Letter YAY (Nov. 28)

11/28/2008 - Biometrics Appointment

11/28/2008 - Touch

1/23/2008 - Travel Doc Approved

1/27/2009 - EAD Card ordered

1/31/2009 - Card Recieved

2/18/2009 - First day at new Job :)

4/09/2009 -AOS interview

APPROVED WOO! We are complete!

4/20/2009- Resident Card Received NOW we're complete!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yea... we won't buy his plane ticket to Washington until he has his visa in hand. Just in case. Also, he isn't quiting until after wards. I recommend to wait. Even if a notice isn't given at work, who cares? :) I hope everything goes smoothly. So far Jorge told me that he doesn't have his police certificate translated :bonk: He can be a dork. SOmetimes I wonder!!! That's why I am so glad I got the packet instead. He's not so good with this kind of stuff :no:

So he has that to worry about.

I am soooooooooo going to put pink stickies that say "COPY!!" :lol:

So he will buy his plane ticket on Tuesday, after we find out when he will receive the packet that I send him. I have to ask UPS to see if they can over night ship there. Too bad they are closed tomorrow!! :huh: Oh well. I have EVERYTHING ready. I need 2 signatures from mY supervisor, and that's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited :)

Thanks for your responses.

I will send copies and originals of all. Just in case they need it. I won't send receipts though. I'll just send Plane tickets and luggage claim tags... that should be enough. The rest is phone bills, emails, phone cards, letters etc. I will pop in some more pics in there too.

:)

Of the items you talked about, copies would probably be fine, if they even want any of it. I brought about everything but the kitchen sink to our interview and needed very little. That was Kiev. Each is different. It is subjective what they consider for establishing a relationship. From me they looked at my impressive stack of stuff and asked to look at some photos. They looked at four photos and gave them back to me. They didn't even look at the phone bills, emails, letters, travel documents, wetern union receipts, etc. But better to have them I suppose. I brought our original I-129f filing, ALL of it and the approval letter, original and copy. They already had that. My fiancee was laughing at how much stuff I brought but I felt better and was glad we didn't need it. For us they asked for exactly what was on the P3 list and nothing else.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.