Tammy&Joe

London courier never arrived -please help

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone , August 23rd was the interview , it was approved , was told the visa would get delivered in a 3-5 day timeframe , today is the 5th day , and yes I counted the stupid bank holiday which was monday . We have called the courier phone all day and it repeatedly gives a voice recording then hangs up on you. We are leaving in a week to get married . I am heartbroken , and I have no idea what to do , any comments would be deeply appreciated . Please tell me what to do .

Hi everyone , August 23rd was the interview , it was approved , was told the visa would get delivered in a 3-5 day timeframe , today is the 5th day , and yes I counted the stupid bank holiday which was monday . We have called the courier phone all day and it repeatedly gives a voice recording then hangs up on you. We are leaving in a week to get married . I am heartbroken , and I have no idea what to do , any comments would be deeply appreciated . Please tell me what to do .

I come from London myself and all I can say is NEVER TRUST THE ROYAL MAIL. I'm sure they already have a backlog of mail due to the bank holiday weekend. Do not worry I'm sure your visa will turn up shortly, give it a couple more days and if it doesn't show up call the U.S consulate for information.

All the best!

Timeline:

12-16-07 Arrival in the US from Good Ol' Blighty

02-13-08 Got married in Los Angeles

02-22-08 Civil Surgeon Appointment

Adjustment of Status

02-29-08 Sent I-130, AOS, EAD, AP (Via FedEx) to Chicago

03-03-08 Package arrived in Chicago

03-07-08 All Cheques cashed!!

03-10-08 NOAs for I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131 received

03-16-08 NOAs for I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131 touched

03-27-08 Biometrics Appointment at 2pm (Notice date: 03.11.08)

04-30-08 Received EAD "card production ordered" & AP Approval notices from CRIS (YESSSS!!!!!)

05-06-08 I-765 touched and AP received in the mail!

05-08-08 Received I-765 "approval notice sent" e-mail from CRIS

05-09-08 EAD received in the mail (YIIPPEEYY!!!)

08-22-08 Notice of Action for initial interview received (10-08-08)

10-08-08 AOS Interview in Los Angeles: APPROVED!!!!

10-09-08 I-485 touched! (Card Production Ordered)

10-15-08 NOAs for I-130 (approval notice) and I-485 (welcome letter) received

10-22-08 Green Card finally arrived!!!

Removing of Conditions

07-14-10 Sent I-751 (Via USPS next day delivery) to California Service Center

07-22-10 Received NOA 1

07-30-10 Received NOA 2 (Biometrics appointment on 08-11-10)

08-31-10 NOA for Removal of Conditions approved

09-02-10 Approval letter received

09-03-10 Green Card arrived!!!

ePcwm7.png

.png

I come from London myself and all I can say is NEVER TRUST THE ROYAL MAIL. I'm sure they already have a backlog of mail due to the bank holiday weekend. Do not worry I'm sure your visa will turn up shortly, give it a couple more days and if it doesn't show up call the U.S consulate for information.

All the best!

They do not deliver through Royal Mail - a courier hand delivers it.

Tammy - did you give Secure Mail Services your mobile phone number? They text you the day before they are due to deliver. I'm sure they'll have to you within the week, they may have been delayed by a day or so.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

There could be a simple explanation why the passport wasn't delivered today. Maybe the courier company has drivers off sick and they need to re-arrange their schedules?? Do they actually count weekend days and the day of the interview?

If the phone number is a 24 hour line - try calling later on tonight when they might be less busy. Do they have an email address that you could try? Look the company up on the net and see if they have a "contact us" option - most firms have an option to contact them by email.

I know it's easy for me to say this, but please try not to panic. It could be delivered tomorrow ...

Wishing you luck and waiting for your post to say it's arrived!!

Edited by mrs_sdp

K-1

All information is in my timeline ....

AOS

08.22.09 ~~~ Posted AOS docs to Chicago

08.28.09 ~~~ Notice Date

08.31.09 ~~~ Received 3 x NOA's in the mail

09.01.09 ~~~ Date changed on status tracker - a "touch" woot ....

09.04.09 ~~~ Appointment notice arrived for Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ A wee touch to AOS and EAD

09.23.09 ~~~ Another touch to both - email re transfer to Calfornia

10.05.09 ~~~ Emails to say both EAD and AP are approved!

10.06.09 ~~~ Touches to both EAD and AP

10.07.09 ~~~ Touch to EAD

10.08.09 ~~~ Touch and email advising card production for EAD

10.13.09 ~~~ EAD received!

10.15.09 ~~~ Applied for SS Number .....

10.20.09 ~~~ Email saying AOS approved and card being produced!!

10.24.09 ~~~ Green card received!

Our interview was on Friday the 22nd of August. I didn't realise the embassy works on a Saturday. Anyway, we received our passports back today via the SMS courier (Friday 29th). I called the number in the invoice yesterday and they confirmed they had received the visas from the embassy and I paid an extra 20 pounds to have them delivered on Friday before 12. Press option 1 when you call the number, and give them the invoice number, they should be able to track your paperwork.

December 2003- love at first sight

September 2004- moved in together (working in Kosovo)

September 2005- moved to Abu Dhabi UAE (two year contract)

August 2007 -got the ILR for Scott (British Embassy in Abu Dhabi)

September 2007- moved to London

May 7th 2008- I-130 sent DCF London

May 10th 2008- email received, date of filing May 9th

July 23rd 2008 - RFE

July 24th 2008- all the requested documents mailed to the embassy ( affidavits from 3 friends/family, one from my husband, previous marriage certificate, some photos etc etc)

July 29, 2008 - APPROVED

Aug 2nd 2008 - Packet 3 received

Aug 4th 2008 - DS-230 and checklist mailed to the embassy

Aug 6th 2008 - Medical at Knighstbridge Doctors

Aug 14th 2008 - Packet 4 received

Aug 22nd 2008 - Interview

We had alot of trouble with SMS. Interviewed on a Tuesday and got visa next Tuesday. They never did send a text. I called Dept of State and they actually told me your visa was printed on Thursday. If you interviewed on Saturday, 23rd like you said then the visa may not have been printed until Wednesday. I called SMS and the number on our receipt wasn't even a proper number...their computers were down and somebody wrote out the receipt in bad handwriting. I've often wondered if other people got some kind of computerized receipt. So SMS told me the visa was on the truck Monday. Waited all day. Called back at end of day. "Oh the truck broke down so he didn't finish his deliveries. Call back tomorrow at 8am and we will give you a one hour window of when delivery will be." Ummm they did, but didn't make the window.

I believe when I called, I chose the selection "To schedule a collection, press...." They answered that.

SMS phone 0870 950 1760

Embassy page about courier: http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/niv/courier.html

How can I check on the progress of my application?

If more than 7 days has passed since attending the visa interview
or 10 days if a petition based application,
you may wish to contact SMS on the telephone number that you will have been provided quoting the tracking number that they will have given you. At this point the Embassy and its visa information call center will not be able to track your envelope, and you must communicate with SMS directly. However, when checking the progress of your application you must take into account that the documents will not be released to the courier until processing has been completed.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.