RAKASA

The *Real* Thursday Thread

179 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I want twins ....Being a twin, I loved having a twin sister...inshallah one day

I believe, if im not mistaken, crazyinegyt also has one boy and one girl, and now nawal, woudlnt that be something if jade and tnh did also>

Kelly u have a huge chance of having twins since u re a twin n its always a higher percentage if the trait is from the female's side.

i really hope i do have twins someday but i dont have anyone in the family who r twins but then again anything can happen lol.

Anything can happen. My husband and I do not have twins in our family. It just happened and they're natural twins (meaning no assistance from medicine). So you never know the way the MENA girls are going! :lol:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Is nessa having twins???

not that we know of, but too early to tell.

I vote for triplet boys, all named Benjamin.

Benjamin Bush, Benjamin Reagan, Benjamin Nixon!!!

so much for my idea for a girl: condoleeza hillary. :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Is nessa having twins???

not that we know of, but too early to tell.

I vote for triplet boys, all named Benjamin.

Benjamin Bush, Benjamin Reagan, Benjamin Nixon!!!

so much for my idea for a girl: condoleeza hillary. :P

ew charles!!!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
well its still firmly wednesday here in CA but I'll cheat (again). we had to go this afternoon for an interview for lifting conditions. apparently we are one of the lucky couples that get interviewed every step of the way. but we took the pineapple princess and all was fine, we were in and out of there in like 45 minutes including wait time and the 10 year green card is on its way. YAY!

Anyway, house is all quiet now with most everyone in various stages of sleeping so I think I'll go grab a few quiet minutes of reading time.... Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Congrats Sara!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I never though of the comment as referring to her emotional side. She's a wicked actress though and a lot of times gives this "death" stare and will NOT blink for anything. lol. Scarey as heck but I'm gonna wicked mad if she doesn't join the drama club at school 'cause I just know she'd rock!!!

I would agree with Ash, if the one daughter calls the other one emo like that, then she's actually probably insulting her-- thus your daughter is *not* emo. Personally, out of the two, I would think emo would *look* the best as far as extremes, but goth would be safer :)

I honestly think goth and emo sometimes come because the parents are pretty open about expressing their feelings and encouraging their kids to do so as well. I have yet to see a single emo with 2 southern baptist republican parents but I have seen lots of emos and goths with single moms raising them. I appreciate the right to express yourself but living close to Deltona , the city in Florida where the goth vampire cult lived with the 18 year old who convinced a bunch of 15 year olds to slaughter an entire household because someone stole his nintendo, I wouldnt put up with blue hair and striped stockings and cutting. Ive seen too many kids end up super messed up , starting off with the marilyn manson outfits and degenerating into wearing only black, cutting etc. Id be on the phone to a therapist if my kid came home wanting to be gothy or emo. One of my best friends has a 16 year old goth/emo kid and this girl starting hanging around like 25 to 29 year old goths and ran away with a 29 year old lesbian who sexually abused her. I have no interest in my kids piercing themselves to pieces in the name of creativity. Limits are a heck of alot better. Its not cute as far as I am concerned

holy ####### wahrania you could scare a dog off a meat wagon!! :blink::blink::blink:

Just for the record, my 11 yr old in no way shape or form is "emo" or "goth" in the true sense of the word. She is finding herself and along that path she is exploring different ways of dressing, different talents that she has, etc. She's her own person is all and the comment my 12 yr old made was apparently in jest and in no way was meant to really identify her as "emo".

She is a healthy little girl, perfect weight, perfect health, plays softball and is joining the track team this fall, gets all A's with an occaisonal B, loves to read...her favorite now being "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" and other than coming from a divorced home and having had an abduction attempt on her has led a fairly normal life.

As for it being the "single mom"'s fault...I dunno...maybe in the cases you talk about but I've seen plenty of f'd up kids whos parents are those bible thumping Republicans you talk about. It takes a village to raise a kid and that's what mine have experienced. They have input from about a kajillion relatives on their dad's side and my family regarding right and wrong and are free (within reason) to make their own decisions. If I thought for one second that she was into cutting or any of that (which is laughable given the fact that she won't even put in her own eardrops 'cause she's scared of the feeling) I'd haul her tiny buttage to a shrink and pronto. Heck I'd quit my job and insist we move in with relatives if I thought she was doing that so I could be with her more. I think I'm a damn good mother and I take offense to the insinuation to be honest with you. Both my kids are healthy, happy and honor roll students who have tons of good friends and a healthy fear of God. I don't think I could ask for more than that.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

:thumbs: :thumbs:

You are !!!!!

And again I'm telling you.... It's like saying "Hey dork" ... "stop being so emo" or "You're going all emo on us" referring to being super emotional or sensitive about something, whiny, bratty, etc.... I'm 25 years old and most certainly none of that.. wearing my pink cardigans every day... and my brother makes cracks like that all the time.... :blink:

I don't think there was any need to go off the deep end... Sure there are some kids who have problems but from all that Bridget has said, I do not believe it's anything like that at all!!

I think I'm a damn good mother and I take offense to the insinuation to be honest with you. Both my kids are healthy, happy and honor roll students who have tons of good friends and a healthy fear of God. I don't think I could ask for more than that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm finally done with work - able to walk out for the next 4 days :dance: :dance: :dance: I love long weekends. :dance: :dance:

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

I didn't see that one, but I saw when Obama announced Biden as his running mate and the way that Biden grabbed Michelle and kissed on her ... Hmmmm :whistle: :whistle:

Anybody gonna watch Obama talk tonight? Did ya see last night when he put a lip kiss on Biden's wife? :rofl: One video on youtube called it An Accidental Kiss ..yea ok. 'really i tripped and I landed on her lips....'

jJ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.