Big Papa Zone

FAO All Brits Flying Out

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I've just been sent this by a travel agent friend of mine: http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/233960/amaz...-from-uk-to-usa.

So I read the thread, and went to www.expedia.com.au AND IT WORKS!!!!!!! I dunno why you have to go to the Aussie Expedia site, but the upshot of it all is that I nailed a flight to St Louis in March for £183!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E-tickets sent to my inbox, the lot!

I wouldn't spam you good people, and this is Expedia we're talking about (not some dodgy High St operation) , so GO FOR IT!!! :thumbs:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey Damian, That looks really cool. I wish I'd known about this earlier. I have given BA thousands of pounds over the last two years :blink:

I wish I knew my leaving date for sure, it is quoting me AUS$380 for a 1 Nov flight. That is so cheap.

Conditions removed May 2011

AOS interview and approval 21 April 2009

----------------------

Filed I-129F petition CSC 12 Feb 2008

NOA2 18 Jul 2008

NVC receipt letter 4 Aug

NVC send to London 19 Aug

Packet 3 13 Sept

Packet 4 received 6 Oct

Interview 29 October 2008

Visa delivered 1 November 2008

POE Seattle 2 November 2008

Wedding 29 November

Boston doesn't seem to be one of the cheaper destinations. It's still at around £312-450 which is what I usually pay.

Thanks for this information though, I'll definitely keep checking it and comparing it. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Boston doesn't seem to be one of the cheaper destinations. It's still at around £312-450 which is what I usually pay.

Thanks for this information though, I'll definitely keep checking it and comparing it. :)

Have you tried Aer Lingus? Flying out of Dublin typically is cheaper than direct UK flights. Plus most US flights can go through US passport control in Dublin...so once you get off the plane in Boston you just get your luggage and you are out. To get to Dub just book a Ryan Air flight.

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We cannot book our flight yet seeing how we have no idea when interview will be :( Gareth did check it though and doesn't look like any discounted prices on ones to Michigan let alone Chicago...

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Timeline

So you pitch up at the airport and the airline says, the correct price hasn't been paid for this ticket by the agent. You can either pay the difference or not fly.

What happens then, the agent you purchased the ticket from is in Australia.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Have you tried Aer Lingus? Flying out of Dublin typically is cheaper than direct UK flights. Plus most US flights can go through US passport control in Dublin...so once you get off the plane in Boston you just get your luggage and you are out. To get to Dub just book a Ryan Air flight.

I would much prefer to go direct rather than stop off at Dublin... not only is it quicker but sometimes I've found really cheap flights from London. £270 last time, with Virgin Atlantic too! :)

The flights don't seem so cheap through Aer Ligus either as it seems to be done as two expensive singles instead. Thanks though, it's something else to keep an eye on.

So you pitch up at the airport and the airline says, the correct price hasn't been paid for this ticket by the agent. You can either pay the difference or not fly.

What happens then, the agent you purchased the ticket from is in Australia.

Has this happened to you? I've never heard of such a thing.

90day.jpg

Timeline

It hasn't happened to me, but I worked at Heathrow for 10 years and airlines have refused to allow people to travel if there has been problems with the tickets. All the times I got involved in those disputes the tickets had always been issued by a travel agent.

If you have purchased the ticket direct from the airline and they have not charged the correct price, they must honour your contract with them. But in this case the ticket has been purchased from Expedia in Australia, if they do not pay the airline the correct price the airline do not have to sell Expedia the ticket.

I sell airline tickets on my web site (1) and having looked at some of the prices on Expedia.Au they don't have the fuel and taxes added in but their base fares for flights from the UK are about 40% above what the average is, so something isn't right somewhere.

If people can get a bargain good luck to them, but I wouldn't want to see anyone here get their fingers burnt leaving to live in another country is stress enough without extra hassle at the airport. People should just bear there could be potential problems in mind if they decide to use Expedia in Aus. Not so bad to sort out if it was Expedia UK but where would you make any claim if it did go bent in these circumstances.

(1) If you happen by chance to buy tickets from me thank you, but please do not ask as I will not abuse my VJ membership by posting my site details on VJ.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Edited by msu17

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Timeline
It hasn't happened to me, but I worked at Heathrow for 10 years and airlines have refused to allow people to travel if there has been problems with the tickets. All the times I got involved in those disputes the tickets had always been issued by a travel agent.

If you have purchased the ticket direct from the airline and they have not charged the correct price, they must honour your contract with them. But in this case the ticket has been purchased from Expedia in Australia, if they do not pay the airline the correct price the airline do not have to sell Expedia the ticket.

I sell airline tickets on my web site (1) and having looked at some of the prices on Expedia.Au they don't have the fuel and taxes added in but their base fares for flights from the UK are about 40% above what the average is, so something isn't right somewhere.

If people can get a bargain good luck to them, but I wouldn't want to see anyone here get their fingers burnt leaving to live in another country is stress enough without extra hassle at the airport. People should just bear there could be potential problems in mind if they decide to use Expedia in Aus. Not so bad to sort out if it was Expedia UK but where would you make any claim if it did go bent in these circumstances.

(1) If you happen by chance to buy tickets from me thank you, but please do not ask as I will not abuse my VJ membership by posting my site details on VJ.

This issue has been discussed at length on another forum, and the general concensus from those in the know is:

"It seems as if Expedia are aware of it. Computer glitch, not adding on the tax. The airline should bill back Expedia after travel for under collection, so I can't see any risk tbh."

Sounds good to me. And what's the worst that can happen? You pay the balance of what you should have paid in the first place - big deal! I've checked Northwest's official site and the booking its showing as confirmed. I shall keep you all informed. ;)

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Timeline

Update: It seems our friends at Expedia noticed the alarming surge in sales rom the UK to the USA sometime yesterday evening, and put an abrupt stop to it!

Some of the purchasers have contacted Expedia in Oz, and all indications thus far are that the bookings will be honoured. By all accounts, they (Expedia) are making a killing on the hotel/hire card bookings which is offsetting the missing fuel surcharge they so carelessly forgot to add!

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Amazingly enough for the time I want to fly the British airways site is cheaper. Flying from Glasgow to Baltimore/Washington costs me 600 pounds usually, 309 with BA's new sale!.

29/06/2004 Met online

24/10/2004- Officially started dating!

-Various Trips Between the USA and Scotland-

25/12/2007- Steven Proposed, and gave me a lovely Ring!

29/02/2008- Sent I-129F to VSC

22/09/2008-1pm - Recieved Visa!

04/11/2008 -Steven comes back to Scotland for the Celebrations!

09/11/2008- We return home together!

23/01/2009- Wedding!!!

Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date.

Preparing AOS Forms.

09/4/2009- Sent AOS

11/4/2009- Received and signed for

20/4/2009- Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP (Dated April 17th)

20/4/2009- USCIS cashed check for $1010

09/5/2009- Biometrics

11/5/2009- Case transferred to CSC

05/6/2009- Received AP

09/6/2009- Received EAD

22/7/2009- Approved!

27/7/2009- Greencard in Hand

Removal of Conditions.

15/5/2011- Received @ VSC

23/5/2011-NOA1

12/07/2011- Biometrics

Yes! BA have excellent prices this autumn. £355 for me to fly to San Francisco from Heathrow, and that's a direct flight. :)

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.