Yardie Cookbook

86 posts in this topic

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
With the sorrel drink we have made it before but never made sorrel wine. What kind of wine would you add? Red label? Any red wine?

Yaads..red label and rum

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yeah that is what I figured. Is there any substitute for the red label if we can't get any? :unsure:

hmmm...nope..just use rum

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
u guys are the bomb..RG won't know what hit him when he comes and my kids will be pleased too...YAYYYY mama is cooking!!! ^_^

You'll have to let us know how things turn out.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Heres my two cents for the day

CORN PUDDING

INGREDIENTS

• 5 eggs
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 4 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn
  • 2 (14.75 ounce) cans cream-style corn
DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
  2. In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add melted butter, sugar, and milk. Whisk in cornstarch. Stir in corn and creamed corn. Blend well. Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish.
  3. Bake for 1 hour.

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline

Coco Bread

Ingredients

2 packets of yeast

1 teaspoon sugar

2 fl oz of warm water

1.5 teaspoon salt

6 fl oz warm milk

1 lightly beaten egg

3 cups white flour

4 oz melted butter

Directions

1. Dissolve the yeast and sugar in the water, then add in the milk, salt and egg while stirring.
  2. Pour half of the flour and stir. Then slowly add flour to the mixture until it becomes stiff. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until smooth. In a clean bowl, add oil and roll the dough in it until coated.
  3. Cover the dough with a damp towel and let it rise for 1 hour. Cut the dough into 10 pieces and roll each piece out. Brush each rolled piece of dough with melted butter and fold it in half. Brush dough with more butter on and fold it again.
  4. Place the folded dough pieces on a well-greased cookie sheet and pre heat the oven to 425 degrees and place a pan filled with water on the bottom rack.
  5. Bake the coco bread for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
u guys are the bomb..RG won't know what hit him when he comes and my kids will be pleased too...YAYYYY mama is cooking!!! ^_^

I feel the same way. My husband isn't Jamaican but as soon as we're together again I am sure going to be dishing up some of these recipes. My mouth started watering just reading a few of them...

Thanks!

Time Line

2007-11-10.....Marriage in Ecuador

2008-01-11.....I-130 Sent

2008-04-28.....I-130 Approved

2008-05-02.....NVC Received

2008-08-20.....Case Complete at NVC

2008-10-14.....Interview--221g, asked to present joint sponsor inspite of NVC approval

2008-11-07.....Visa due to arrive. DHL truck delivering visa was robbed, Consulate required us to present I-864s and DS-230 again, had to get a new passport and other related documents

2008-11-14.....Presented all new documents in person at Consulate, visa printed same day

2008-11-25.....POE Atlanta

2008-12-26.....Green Card and 2nd Welcome Letter arrive

2010-09-02.....Date of NOA ROC 1-751

2010-12-13.....Approval of ROC

2011-01-12.....10 year Permanent Resident card arrived

2011-12-20.....N-400 Application mailed

2011-12-29.....NOA

2012-02-02.....Walk-in biometrics (appt was for 2/16)

2012-04-17.....Interview

2012-05-18.....Naturalization Ceremony

Timeline

Gizzada

Ingredients for filling:

1 cup Water

1 ½ cups Grated Coconut

1 ½ lb. Brown Sugar

¼ tsp. Grated Nutmeg

1 oz. Butter

Method:

Boil water and sugar together on low heat to make syrup. Add the grated coconut and other ingredients, except butter, to the syrup and allow boiling for 15 minutes. Stir the ingredients with a fork every now and then.

Add butter and stir ingredients to cook for another 6 minutes or until butter is not visible in the filling. Allow the filling to cool.

Ingredients for pastry:

2 cups Flour

Ice water

1 tsp. Shortening

1 tbsp. Butter

½ tsp. Salt

Sift flour and salt together. Cut in butter and shortening and add water to make dough. After making dough, place it in a plastic wrapping and keep the dough in the fridge for half an hour.

Remove the dough from the fridge and use a rolling pin to roll dough on a cutting board to a ¼ inch thickness. Flour the board first.

Using an 8-oz drinking glass, you can cut circles in the dough. Or use a cookie cutter to make the size of the pieces you desire. Pinch around the circled pieces of dough in a uniform pattern; this will give the decorated effect. You pinch the dough to make a holder for the filling.

Remove the dough pieces for the filling and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake the dough pieces at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. And then add the filling to the baked dough. Bake the gizzadas for another 20 minutes.

Allow to cool, and Presto!

Here is a way to cheat on this treat.

Buy the small pie shells (2" or 3") from the grocery store…and just add the coconut filling to the shells and bake them for 45 minutes at 350 degrees F.

Edited by JALOVE

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline

JALove...is that corn pudding recipe the type of pudding you would eat at Christmas time. I don't know the name of the pudding, we just call it Christmas pudding :lol: If it isn't the same do you have a good recipe for Christmas pudding?

Timeline
JALove...is that corn pudding recipe the type of pudding you would eat at Christmas time. I don't know the name of the pudding, we just call it Christmas pudding :lol: If it isn't the same do you have a good recipe for Christmas pudding?

yup we make it for thanksgiving and christmas its yummy, now after cookin for awhile my aunt stirs hers up then lets it cook more...why i dont know.

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ja...Girl u got it going on!! If the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, u must have had the boys beating at your door LOL

ur hubby better be glad his metabolism is high cuz all this cooking sounds like u AND your family be doing would have me big as a house!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You'll have to let us know how things turn out.

For sure sunny girl.. even if it turn out to be a hot mess when I do it.. i will keep ya'll posted :unsure::rofl:

I will start out w/ the crock pot coconut chicken to build up my confidence Heehee

Filed: Timeline

Anyone have a receipe for BUN'up pizza...let me give Sunnyja a call.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.