PetersBride

I-129F Clarification Needed ASAP!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

It's my turn to be worried here.... I just want to be sure about this. I am typing the I-129F and I am confused by two sections:

Where it says "Applicant's last outside of the US of more than one year" Do I leave this blank if my fiance (beneficiary) has lived at his present address 5+ years?

Also,

Where it says, "Show below last occupation abroad if not shown above." My fiance has been in his present position for 5+ years. Prior to this current occupation, he held a different job with a different job title. What should I do here?

Your speedy response is appreciated as I want to send this off to my fiance to sign today....

Many thanks,

PetersBride

.png

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

For the first one just put None if they haven't had a job outside of the States. For the second I would do the same if he hasn't had a job abroad.

Timeline
For the first one just put None if they haven't had a job outside of the States. For the second I would do the same if he hasn't had a job abroad.

Hi, Thanks for your quick reply. I should have clarified. My fiance is in England. Not here. I should still list "none" right?!

.png

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi, Thanks for your quick reply. I should have clarified. My fiance is in England. Not here. I should still list "none" right?!

Yeah I'm in England, that's what I did.

Edit: I've just looked at my form. Ignore all I've just said. I'm having brain freeze, i put my most recent address and job.

Edited by LauraUK

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

It's my turn to be worried here.... I just want to be sure about this. I am typing the I-129F and I am confused by two sections:

Where it says "Applicant's last outside of the US of more than one year" Do I leave this blank if my fiance (beneficiary) has lived at his present address 5+ years?

Also,

Where it says, "Show below last occupation abroad if not shown above." My fiance has been in his present position for 5+ years. Prior to this current occupation, he held a different job with a different job title. What should I do here?

Your speedy response is appreciated as I want to send this off to my fiance to sign today....

Many thanks,

PetersBride

I would put in his current address as it is the last (or most recent) address

If shown above then leave blank...

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

Also,

Many thanks,

PetersBride

I would put in his current address as it is the last (or most recent) address

If shown above then leave blank...

These questions are asked of both the petitioner and beneficiary. Fwaguy's recommendation above is usually going to be the correct answer for the beneficiary. "Abroad" in this context means outside the US, not outside their home country.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

This is what I plan on doing - I had a similar ?

1. In my case, the beneficiary has lived in address (1) in City (A) for the last 4 months.

2. They have lived in address (2) in City (A) for the last 3 years.

For the ? that asks last address outside the US for more than a year - i am thinking of filling in Address (2) in City (A). Am I mistaken? or should I just leave it as blank?

==================

same for employment -Show below last occupation abroad if not shown above. (Include all information requested above.)

In my case, the beneficiary has worked only abroad (outside US) for the last five years. I am leaving this as blank.

Thanks.

9/19/2008 - Mailed I-129F by USPS Priority

9/22 - Mail reached USCIS - CSC

9/23 - Check Cashed

9/23 - NOA1 Notice Date (now wait and pray that NOA2 should come soon!!)

9/27 - NOA1 received by mail

9/29 - Touched (probably to correct typos)

9/30 - Touched

1/14/2009 - NOA2 approved

1/20 - NOA2 hard copy received

1/22 - NVC received petition

1/26 - NVC sent petition to Embassy

1/29 - Received NVC Hard copy

1/30 - Embassy received petition

2/3 - Received P3 from Embassy

2/3 - P3 sent by Courier from India

2/10 - Confirmed that P3 is in embassy's system (called embassy, DOS)

2/23 - Called DOS - Got interview date verbally

3/9 - Medicals Completed

3/31 - Interview Successful

4/3 - Received Visa

4/20 - Arrival

Timeline

Hi All,

Thanks for responding to my inquiry yesterday. I had a brain freeze and forgot that VJ has excellent resources in addition to your kind input. I forgot about the examples. Based on your responses, I think my application is acceptable.

Thanks again.

PetersBride

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.