nimche

August I-130 approvals, lets do NVC together.

3,334 posts in this topic

Congrats to everyone on getting interview dates and those who are already in the US :thumbs:

I have my medical tomorrow. Interview in 14 days.

Good luck guys - I had my medical last week. It was a lot less stressful than I thought it would be - in and out in about 50 mins - most of that waiting around to be seen.

My interview is on the 5th Dec - a week tomorrow!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck guys - I had my medical last week. It was a lot less stressful than I thought it would be - in and out in about 50 mins - most of that waiting around to be seen.

My interview is on the 5th Dec - a week tomorrow!

Oh thats good news - I was getting worried. Hopefully all will be straightforward.

Good luck for your interview Isma :D

PS Have you looked into international shipping? Im rubbish at organising this type of thing...

Oh thats good news - I was getting worried. Hopefully all will be straightforward.

Good luck for your interview Isma :D

PS Have you looked into international shipping? Im rubbish at organising this type of thing...

I am still deciding what to do about my things. I'm thinking of taking some extra cases with me on the plane and then getting the rest later. Or I might do a few boxes of books and things shipped. I have some antique furniture which I would like to bring over but at the moment our first house doesn't have much room for more furniture so I might leave it there for a little while.

I can't decide! Are you taking a lot?

Lynne

I am still deciding what to do about my things. I'm thinking of taking some extra cases with me on the plane and then getting the rest later. Or I might do a few boxes of books and things shipped. I have some antique furniture which I would like to bring over but at the moment our first house doesn't have much room for more furniture so I might leave it there for a little while.

I can't decide! Are you taking a lot?

Lynne

I am going to fly out with a couple of big suitcases with clothes etc but need to ship everything else. Ideally Id like it to be picked up before I leave then arrive a few days after me. Im not taking furniture but quite a lot of other things that mean a lot to me - like art, photo albums, books, DVDs etc. It all adds up, even tho Im being quite ruthless at throwing things away/selling stuff on ebay. Ive no idea how much it will cost - hoping to get help with shipping quotes as Im no good at picturing how many packing boxes I'll need....

Lou

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Matina welcome I hope you're enjoying your time here?? Can you look for work without your green card yet??? just wondering

oh and only 2 weeks left until the interview for me heheheheheheh

Hi Rajaa,

my hubby told me that I could look for work without my green card. My immigrant visa serves as a temporary green card for 1 year.

I am not looking for work right now, I am going to apply for Arizona driver's licence first. I am learning the driving regulations right now, I bought the driver's manual this week.

Martina :thumbs:

cool!!! good to know, my husband wants to get his driver's license and study english. :star:

HELP!!

I have my medical tomorrow morning and Ive just found out I have to provide a medical questionnaire - form IV18a. I havent recieved this document in any of the packets. Is there somewhere I should download it from??

Thanks guys :)

Hi Lou - I replied with the details on your post in the UK forum - PM me if it doesn't make sense - I didn't get the form in my packet either.

Lynne

HELP!!

I have my medical tomorrow morning and Ive just found out I have to provide a medical questionnaire - form IV18a. I havent recieved this document in any of the packets. Is there somewhere I should download it from??

Thanks guys :)

Hi Lou - I replied with the details on your post in the UK forum - PM me if it doesn't make sense - I didn't get the form in my packet either.

Lynne

Thanks so much Lynne - so helpful :thumbs:

Lou

I am late, but happy thanksgiving eberybody....

I seee, everyone had too much of turkey.

Happy black Friday guys...

G1 is on sale for $0 at Rajaa's store :D

LingChe's ShortCut

|--IR-1 Graduate--|For my Wife-Done 11/21/2008

|--IR-5 Graduate--|For Parents-Done

|--Citizenship for Spouse

Field Office: San Diego,CA

11/xx/2008 GC Rcvd

10/26/2011 N-400 mailed EX to AZ

10/27/2011 Priority Date

10/31/2011 Text Message received

11/01/2011 Check Cashed

11/07/2011 Finger Print letter mailed

11/09/2011 Finger Print letter Received for 11/30/2011

11/14/2011 Finger Print Done(walk-in)

11/28/2011 In Line For Interview

12/09/2011 Interview Scheduled

01/18/2012 Interview Date

02/22/2012 Oath Ceremony

YES WE CAN!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I am late, but happy thanksgiving eberybody....

I seee, everyone had too much of turkey.

Happy black Friday guys...

G1 is on sale for $0 at Rajaa's store :D

:lol: not so much... but close come by and see me

ooooh does my husband need this??? how did you know you needed that form?

Hi Rajaa

In the UK the doctors website states we needed a copy of a medical questionnaire, but I think there are different requirements depending on what country your interview is being held in.

Go to www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov and choose your embassy/consulate from the drop-down list. It will direct you to information about what you need for your medical etc.

Good luck :)

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Today is my wife's medical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope everything goes smoothly..

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.