galaxy_2008

HOW CAN I FIRED MY ATTORNEY AND WHAT IS SIDEE EFFECT OF IT

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

HELLO MY FELLOW MEMBER,

GOOD MORNING? I AM VERY SAD AND I CAN NOT EVEN BELIEVED THE SITUATION THAT I FIND MYSELF INTO NOW.,I GOT AN ATTORNEY HIRED LAST YEAR SEPTEMBER TO FILL MY PAPERWORK AND SHORTLY AFTER THEN I GOT THIS WEBSITE AND THE MEMBER OF THIS SITE HAVE BE OF GREAT HELP TO ME.....NOW I GOT TO UNDERSTAND THAT THE ATTORNEY IS LIED COS HE SAID HE HAS SENT MY PAPERWORK TO NVC LAST WEEK THURSDAY AND MY WIFE CALL NVC TO CONFIRM IF OUR PAPER HAS COMPLETED ON FRIDAY THE FOLLOWING WEEK...IT WAS TO MY SURPRISED THAT THE NVC SAID THEY HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY PAPERWORK FROM THAT ATTORNEY AND FROM THE DAY THE ATTORNEY SAID HE SENT MY PAPERWORK TO THE TIME MY WIFE CALL IT WAS 10 DAYS INTERVAL.... I WAS VERY SAD LAST NIGHT AND MY WIFE HAS JUST SUGGESTED THAT WE SHOULD JUST FIRED HIM AND WE HAVE PAID HIM HIS ATTORNEY FEES OF 1400 DOLLARS... SO I AM CONFUSED NOW THIS ATTORNEY HAS BEEN DELAYING MY PAPERWORKS AND IF MY WIFE CALL HIM HE WILL NOT RETURN THE CALL AND I HAVE BEEN SENDING AN EMAILS TO HIM WITHOUT ANY REPLY.. MY FELLOW MEMBER PLEASE COME TO MY HELP I HAVE GOTTEN ALL THE REQUIREMENT PAPERWORK FOR THE NVC AND ALL THAT REMAINS NOW IS JUST FOR HIM TO SEND IT TO NVC AND TO LET MY PAPERWORK ENTERS THERE SYSTEM SO THAT I CAN HAVE MY INTERVIEW DATE...... THESE ARE MY QUESTION.... CAN I STILL FIRED HIM? IF I DO WHAT CAN IT BE THE SIDE EFFECT OF IT ON MY PAPERWORK? I HAVE PAY ALL THE NECESSARY FEES AS REGARDS TO THE NVC... ? I WILL WELCOME ANY ADVISED FROM YOU MEMBER THOUGH I HAVE GOTTEN MANY BAD COMMENT ABOUT THE ATTORNEY FROM THIS FORUM. SO HELP ME OUT OOO. I AM DYING......

Stay strong and don't let this get you down. Do you have exact copies of everything you gave your attorney? Do you have the packet together to file yourself? If not, don't fire your attorney yet. See if you can figure out what happened to your packet. Give this attorney a few more days to respond to your inquiry about the paperwork and then if he doesn't respond, send the paperwork yourself. Also, if he sent the paperwork by regular (first class mail), it could still be a few more days before it shows up in the system at NVC. I would hope an attorney charging $1400 wouldn't use standard mail, but I don't know your attorney, either.

If you do end up firing him, it can't impact your paperwork in any way as long as you know at what point in the process you are and what has been filed so far. I believe you'll need to change your choice of agent so that it's not your lawyer anymore, but that shouldn't be too difficult, I hope. You should be prepared to take charge of your case now, but you already know that this forum will provide all the help and advice you need.

Good luck!

Long story short, we have a complicated case. We've been at this for nearly 5 years. You can read our story here. I highly recommend our attorney Laurel Scott, as well as attorneys Laura Fernandez and Lizz Cannon .

Filed I-130 via CSC in Feb 2008. Petition approved June 2008. Consular interview in Mexico, Oct 2008, visa denied, INA 212a6cii. We allege improper application of the law in this case.

2012, started over in Seoul: I-130 filed DCF on 7/2, I-130 approved 8/8, Medical at Yonsei Severance 11/20, IR1 appointment in November 2012.

CRBA filed 1-3-13 at Seoul for our daughter

4MLHm5.pngCzLqp9.png

You can find me at

Immigrate2us.net as Los G :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Stay strong and don't let this get you down. Do you have exact copies of everything you gave your attorney? Do you have the packet together to file yourself? If not, don't fire your attorney yet. See if you can figure out what happened to your packet. Give this attorney a few more days to respond to your inquiry about the paperwork and then if he doesn't respond, send the paperwork yourself. Also, if he sent the paperwork by regular (first class mail), it could still be a few more days before it shows up in the system at NVC. I would hope an attorney charging $1400 wouldn't use standard mail, but I don't know your attorney, either.

If you do end up firing him, it can't impact your paperwork in any way as long as you know at what point in the process you are and what has been filed so far. I believe you'll need to change your choice of agent so that it's not your lawyer anymore, but that shouldn't be too difficult, I hope. You should be prepared to take charge of your case now, but you already know that this forum will provide all the help and advice you need.

Good luck!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR PROMPT REPLY I WILL BE PATIENCES TILL NEXT WEEK....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.