JonasMichaels

Can all the VN journey members help Phuong?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Today, Phuong asked me what she will be sent in the mail. What does she need to do? Sign papers and send them back? Fill things out? She wants specifics of what she will receive and I don't know what to tell her. Can you guys give me the scoop? Thanks so much, I hate to see her worry like this.

Jonas

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I recommend you buy the book 'Fiance and Marriage Visa - A couple's guide to US immigration'

It has some useful information that you need to fill out forms and how deal with different situation.

Here is the check list for I-129F from the book:

1. Form I-129F

2. Form G-325A (one filled out by you and one filled out by your fiance')

3. A color photo of you (passport style)

4. A color photo of your fiance' (passport style)

5. Fee (look up www.uscis.gov for current fee)

6. Proof of the US citizenship of the petitioner: birth certificate, passport, naturalization certificate or Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Cititzen

7. Proof that the two of you are legally able to marry

8. A statement written by the U.S. Citizen petitioner describing how you met. The more detail the better so that after your I-129F is approved by USCIS, Consular Officer in HCM cannot use the information USICS already know and approve to deny your case.

9. Proof that the two of you have met within the last two years, or that you qualify for an exception to this requirement

10. additional proof that the two of you truly intend to marry, whether or not you have met in person

Good luck to you and Phuong

Read the guides.... that is where we got all our information. There is a flowxhart, as well as a list of things to send with the I129F. Make sure you send EVERYTHING neatly put together, otherwise you may asked for it later. That can really delay your process. Good luck!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

Filed: Timeline
Today, Phuong asked me what she will be sent in the mail. What does she need to do? Sign papers and send them back? Fill things out? She wants specifics of what she will receive and I don't know what to tell her. Can you guys give me the scoop? Thanks so much, I hate to see her worry like this.

Jonas

JonasMichaels,

katej0203 was faster than rest of us to give you all needed things. Go to that website and you can do it yourself. Better to delay for collecting evidences than later you get RFE. Good luck for your journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

As people said, there are lots of good resources on here that can help you out. The guide on this website is invaluable.

I'm not quite 100% sure what you're referring to when you said what "she'll be sent in the mail". If I were to guess, I'm thinking you're referring to what is called "Packet 3", which is a packet she will receive after the local embassy has received your approved I-129F. However, you could be referring to the initial I-129F submittal? I'm not sure. The guide on this website (linked by katej) should help you.

If you can, fill in your timeline. Not only does this allow other people to see where you are in the process (to help answer questions), but it helps build the website's database.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

As LuckyDucky has already said, it's very helpful to be clear about your questions and to fill out your timeline so everyone knows at what stage you are at in this process.

That way we can help answer your questions easily.

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Wedding 2008-4-26

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.