9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

HI EVERYONE I THINK THIS IS A GREAT WEBSITE I HAVE JUST BEEN CHECKING OUT EVERYHTING THERE IS ALOT OF HELPFUL INFORMATION ON HERE I WILL JUST START OUT TO TELL YOU AL LITTLE BIT ABOUT MY SITUTATION I HAVE BEEN MARRIED TO MY HUSBAND FOR A YEAR AND A HALF NOW AND WE HAVE A CHILD TOGETHER MY HAUSBAND CROSSED THE BORDER ILLEGALLY IN 2000 AND HAS BEEN HERE EVER SINCE I WANT TO FILE HIS PAPERS BUT I AM SCARED TO BECAUSE I HEARD JUST FOR ENTERING THE US UNLAWFULLY THEY CAN DENIE HIM FOR ENTERING FO 10 YEARS IS THIS TRUE? AND IF IT IS DOES IT HAPPEN OFTEN? ANY STORIES YOU COULD SHARE? I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO I HEARD THE HARD PART IS TO GET THE I-601 WAIVER APPROVED ANY ADVICE ON THIS? ALSO MY HUSBAND GOT CAUGHT AT THE BORDER BEFORE THREE TIMES AND THEY FINGERPRINTED HIM DOES THIS AFFECT ANYTHING? ANY FEED BACK THAT ANYONE CAN GIVE ME WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT I AM GETTING MYSELF INTO THANKS YOU GUYS!! :star:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Consult at least one GOOD immigration attorney very thoroughly.

Look at http://www.tindallfoster.com -- they're a very large immigration law firm, and their rates for e-mail or phone consultation are very reasonable. I was extremely pleased with them.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hello,

I have heard of another case similar to yours, and unfortunately I have not heard from her since her problem. She too had a child with her husband. I too suggest a good immigration lawyer because that is your best bet out of humans. God will take you through the rest. Have faith and I hope you get good advice here and with the lawyer website that TboneTX provided. You can also pm VJ member diadromous mermaid who is very knowledgable about legal matters.

My heart goes out to you.

God bless,

-Tam

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

His illegal entry and over one year of illegal presence bars him for 10 years. There is a waiver for this bar if you can prove extreme hardship to the US citizen spouse. If the 3 times he got caught and released were before his sucessful illegal entry, they may not hurt his chances, as long as they were catch and releases. You need to talk to a good lawyer who is experienced with foreign filed waivers. Laurel Scott is one of the best in the country. Her site is visacentral.net. She will let you know upfront if she can help you or not. The best forum for waiver info is immigrate2us.net.

What counrty is your husband from, Mexico?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Timeline
His illegal entry and over one year of illegal presence bars him for 10 years. There is a waiver for this bar if you can prove extreme hardship to the US citizen spouse. If the 3 times he got caught and released were before his sucessful illegal entry, they may not hurt his chances, as long as they were catch and releases. You need to talk to a good lawyer who is experienced with foreign filed waivers. Laurel Scott is one of the best in the country. Her site is visacentral.net. She will let you know upfront if she can help you or not. The best forum for waiver info is immigrate2us.net.

Yes he is from Mexico I live in Colorado I heard that the Approval rate for the Waiver is only 45% a lawyer also told me that it is harder when they are from Mexico thank you guys for all the feedcack I really appreciate All I can do is just have faith in God!

Yes he is from Mexico I live in Colorado I heard that the Approval rate for the Waiver is only 45% a lawyer also told me that it is harder when they are from Mexico thank you guys for all the feedcack I really appreciate All I can do is just have faith in God!

All waivers in Mexico go through the DHS in Juarez, one of the more lenient offices. The approval rate is in the 80% range. Only a handful of lawyers in the country have extensive experience with foreign filed waivers. The one you spoke to obvisosly doew not. Check out the links I posted previosly.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

spookyturtle is right, Juarez has one of the highest approval rates in the world. He WILL BE denied at the interview and will have to submit and I-601 waiver. The good thing about Mexico is that they have a pilot program wherein you are allowed to schedule a "waiver interview" to be attended after the consular interview. That allows for immediate adjudication. If you have a good waiver that is "immediately approveable" you can get the visa within a few days.

A good place to get information on this process is www.immigrate2us.net . There are a lot of people there who have successfully filed and there are sample hardship letters and ideas on the evidence you must compile.

Two attorneys experienced in this are at the addresses below. Immigration law is federal (so you can use an attorney from any state) and there aren't a lot of attorneys experienced with waivers. These two are.

www.humanrightsattorney.com and

www.visacentral.net

spookyturtle is right, Juarez has one of the highest approval rates in the world. He WILL BE denied at the interview and will have to submit and I-601 waiver. The good thing about Mexico is that they have a pilot program wherein you are allowed to schedule a "waiver interview" to be attended after the consular interview. That allows for immediate adjudication. If you have a good waiver that is "immediately approveable" you can get the visa within a few days.

A good place to get information on this process is www.immigrate2us.net . There are a lot of people there who have successfully filed and there are sample hardship letters and ideas on the evidence you must compile.

Two attorneys experienced in this are at the addresses below. Immigration law is federal (so you can use an attorney from any state) and there aren't a lot of attorneys experienced with waivers. These two are.

www.humanrightsattorney.com and

www.visacentral.net

You are absolutey right including Heather Poole. Another top notch choice. Heather and Laurel are both stragiht shooters and tell it like it is. I know that Laurel has a vast amount of experience filing through Mexico.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

I just wanted to echo emt and spookyturtle. Mexico is the best country there is for cases like this. 80% of waivers are approved, and almost half of those are approved immediately through the pilot program. Definitely get on immigrate2us.net, you will find tons of people who have succeeded or are going through this right now.

It's possible to do this without a lawyer, but it's also much much easier if you have a good lawyer (not just any lawyer). And Heather and Laurel are the most experienced, successful lawyers there are and I strongly recommend going with one of them if you choose to use a lawyer.

Long story short, we have a complicated case. We've been at this for nearly 5 years. You can read our story here. I highly recommend our attorney Laurel Scott, as well as attorneys Laura Fernandez and Lizz Cannon .

Filed I-130 via CSC in Feb 2008. Petition approved June 2008. Consular interview in Mexico, Oct 2008, visa denied, INA 212a6cii. We allege improper application of the law in this case.

2012, started over in Seoul: I-130 filed DCF on 7/2, I-130 approved 8/8, Medical at Yonsei Severance 11/20, IR1 appointment in November 2012.

CRBA filed 1-3-13 at Seoul for our daughter

4MLHm5.pngCzLqp9.png

You can find me at

Immigrate2us.net as Los G :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.