boohbah

Does the Knightsbridge doctors office take credit cards?

17 posts in this topic

My fiance has his appointment at the office at 4 Bentinck Mansions. He said they rambled list of things they didn't accept & he couldn't remember all exactly. He's under the impression they don't take credit cards at all. Is this true? :blink:

I'm going to be with him & am helping with paying for the medical as well. I was going to use my visa card. :o Need to know if I am supposed to bring some cash! :wacko:

You could call them back or email them. http://www.visamedicals.info/contact.asp

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

You could call them back or email them. http://www.visamedicals.info/contact.asp

d'oh! didn't think about emailing. lol - he doesn't want to call anymore because it costs too much to.

thanks for suggesting email...i have been very scatter brained lately. o.o

I paid by debit card no problem. I imagine if they accept debit they'll accept credit, too.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

yes

cheers :star:

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

d'oh! didn't think about emailing. lol - he doesn't want to call anymore because it costs too much to.

thanks for suggesting email...i have been very scatter brained lately. o.o

Oh do I ever hear ya on the being scatterbrained! This process drains one for sure! Goodluck!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

I hope I hear from them via email! Thanks for letting me know. I figured they had to take some form of credit card...because I remember someone mentioning it before!

On another note, how much blood do they normally take at these medicals?

My fiance is terrified of the whole needle process. He was telling me, how we won't be able to go out & about in London after the doc's office...because he'll be feeling crappy & weak. He's making it sound like they're going to be taking a LOT of blood. The most I've ever had withdrawn was 4 vials (I can't stand the blood withdraw either) & I was fine. So I can't figure out if he's just scared or what. lol

I just asked Bruce -- last year, he said it was one hypodermic syringe. He's not sure how many vials that is (1? 2?) but it wasn't a whole lot. And he hates needles too, so if he thought it wasn't a biggie, it must have been a small amount.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

thanks for the response. I'll let him know. :)

we're only going down to london for the medical, so i'm hoping we'll go goof around london for a bit before heading back home. it would suck if we spent 6 hours to get to london, only to come straight back after the medical. :unsure:

I hope I hear from them via email! Thanks for letting me know. I figured they had to take some form of credit card...because I remember someone mentioning it before!

My fiance is terrified of the whole needle process. He was telling me, how we won't be able to go out & about in London after the doc's office...because he'll be feeling crappy & weak. He's making it sound like they're going to be taking a LOT of blood. The most I've ever had withdrawn was 4 vials (I can't stand the blood withdraw either) & I was fine. So I can't figure out if he's just scared or what. lol

Just one small vial - I looked! It really wasn't very bad at all and I didn't feel weak or dizzy afterwards. Tell him to look away when he sees the glint of a needle; might help to cope if you can't actually see it going in.

The doctors at Knightsbridge are also more skilled at taking blood than nurses generally are. I've had so many nurses jab both arms several times in an attempt to draw blood (I have deep, bad veins), causing soreness and bruising, but the doctor managed it first time round.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Just one small vial - I looked! It really wasn't very bad at all and I didn't feel weak or dizzy afterwards. Tell him to look away when he sees the glint of a needle; might help to cope if you can't actually see it going in.

The doctors at Knightsbridge are also more skilled at taking blood than nurses generally are. I've had so many nurses jab both arms several times in an attempt to draw blood (I have deep, bad veins), causing soreness and bruising, but the doctor managed it first time round.

Nice to know! I am going to message him with this info. :)

He's whining about his Tdap shot right now. His arm is all sore. He said they didn't give him the MMR as he may have already had it...is that a once in a life time shot or something?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

My mother was fairly sure I'd already had MMR when I was a kid, but as my (pre-computer) records for way back then didn't show anything, I had it again, at the same time as my Tdap.

I'm still standing, so I assume it's ok!

Stu

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - CSC received file

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

12-11-10 - Received biometrics letter

12-22-10 - Biometrics appointment (have to reschedule)

1-12-11 - Biometrics appointment (rescheduled appointment)

3-3-11 - Approved!

My mother was fairly sure I'd already had MMR when I was a kid, but as my (pre-computer) records for way back then didn't show anything, I had it again, at the same time as my Tdap.

I'm still standing, so I assume it's ok!

Stu

I think MMR was first introduced in the late '80s...I remember my eldest son was one of the first generation kids to get it and he is 21 now....I don't know how old you are but if you are a young whipper snapper you may have had it ... I went to my husband's base today and got shots for my young son and me....I ended up getting 4 and he had 5 including the Varicella jab.... :o but hey. I totaled them up to what they would have cost at the medical....over 260 pounds...somehow took the pain away lol....I think we had more than was required for the medical so we are more than covered :lol:

:D :D

If we were informed right, MMR & DTAP are the only ones required for males right...?

I think those are the main ones for adults :thumbs:

apart from the HP for females 26 and under of course

Edited by Welshcookie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.