Sprailenes

I eat whale blubber and club baby seals...

241 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Meanwhile I can locate all of the states on a map and tell you the state capitals with 98% accuracy (sometimes I mix up one or two)

Don't worry, nobody cares about Cheyenne. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I do believe that tarte au sucre is the same as butter tart. Butter tart really is a misnomer, its basically a sugar tart. Looking at the recipe for tarte au sucre, they look really similar, except the tarts are obviously smaller.

Which for some reason brings to mind that a friend from Australia once told me that there the distinction between "pie" and "tart" is whether or not it has a lid on it, not the size of it like we say in English speaking Canada. So if a tart had a lid on it in Australia, it would still be called a pie, even if its little and only bite-sized.

They're weird down there eh? ;)

In French, I think a tarte is a tarte is a tarte, no matter what size. I think... :unsure:

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

I do believe that tarte au sucre is the same as butter tart. Butter tart really is a misnomer, its basically a sugar tart. Looking at the recipe for tarte au sucre, they look really similar, except the tarts are obviously smaller.

Which for some reason brings to mind that a friend from Australia once told me that there the distinction between "pie" and "tart" is whether or not it has a lid on it, not the size of it like we say in English speaking Canada. So if a tart had a lid on it in Australia, it would still be called a pie, even if its little and only bite-sized.

They're weird down there eh? ;)

In French, I think a tarte is a tarte is a tarte, no matter what size. I think... :unsure:

Then we are tards :lol:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Meanwhile I can locate all of the states on a map and tell you the state capitals with 98% accuracy (sometimes I mix up one or two)

I do, went there for a weekend trip for our anniversery this year. Cool haunted hotel and well yeah there is only like 4 city blocks for the downtown and yeah, there is only about 45,000 in the entire city (largest city too) and yeah there are more cows then..... ok I'll stop...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I do, went there for a weekend trip for our anniversery this year. Cool haunted hotel and well yeah there is only like 4 city blocks for the downtown and yeah, there is only about 45,000 in the entire city (largest city too) and yeah there are more cows then..... ok I'll stop...

:lol:

Butter Tart Slice

1/2 cup butter

2 tablespoons white sugar

1 1/2 cups flour

1 1/2 cups brown sugar

1/4 cup melted butter

2 eggs, beaten

1 tablespoon vinegar

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup raisins

Cream butter and sugar. Blend in flour. Pat into a 9 by 9 inch cake pan. Bake for 5 minutes. combine remaining ingredients. Pour over base. Bake until set at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.

I am making this today! Thanks Marilyn (although I bet my Canadian hubby hasn't the slightest what it is.) :P

Timeline

almonds? nooooooooooooooooo looks yummy!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

I'm not the Canadian, but...last time I came back from visiting Dennis in Winnipeg a co-worker (a very, very gullible co-worker) asked me in all honesty "Is it true that they don't have roads in Canada?" I told him "yes" and he said "well...that makes sense...it's probably too cold for roads." I said "Yeah...if you want to go anywhere you have to dogsled or occasionally people use snowmobiles, but that's only in the summer when it's warm enough to keep the gas thawed." He had no idea I was lying through my teeth until everyone else at the table started laughing at him. :lol:

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Just about to make some chicken noodles Lipton soup to eat a bit, and I was scared even that would not taste the same....

Well I read the box:

Made in Canada

:thumbs:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Timeline

You left out the famous Union Pacific Big Boy (largest steam locomotive of all time) at Holiday park and the kewl missiles on display outside of F.E. Warren AFB. :crying:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline
ok - sooo I made it and wow! It's sweet! I probably did a bad thing and added slivered almonds to it.

Does this look right?

Absolutely looks right LaL :thumbs:

And yes, it is very very sweet.

Timeline
ok - sooo I made it and wow! It's sweet! I probably did a bad thing and added slivered almonds to it.

Does this look right?

001.jpg

looks great.. and yeah it is sweet....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.