Sprailenes

I eat whale blubber and club baby seals...

241 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
no you are not the only one.. butter tarts have to have raisins :thumbs:

Oh good. :)

Im tempted to make some butter tarts, but don't think my waist line would appreciate it,lol

Life's too short to be worrying about waistlines! Eat buttertarts!

*Brought to you by the Campaign for Buttertarts in America (CButt)

iagree.gif

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
no you are not the only one.. butter tarts have to have raisins :thumbs:

Oh good. :)

Im tempted to make some butter tarts, but don't think my waist line would appreciate it,lol

Life's too short to be worrying about waistlines! Eat buttertarts!

*Brought to you by the Campaign for Buttertarts in America (CButt)

:rofl:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

that kind of bugs me when people say stuff like that :P:lol: just eat it... you don't have to make a habit of it but eating one little butter tart or a bowl of ice cream or a doughnut once in a blue moon ain't going to kill you :P:lol:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

With my wife being away, and me with no will power, i would eat the whole batch,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

I have already gained enough weight from school, and on drugs to lower my triglyceride's and cholesterol. So yes it could kil me--eventually,lol

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't know if I am weird or not but I also like raisins in my cinnamon rolls.. preferably the golden raisins.. my mom always put raisins in hers...

I miss her cinnamon rolls :crying:

she would make them almost every week on Thursday when she would bake her bread and buns and she would also make a big pot of soup.. mmm, those were the days, my friends.. we would come home from school and the whole house would smell like baked bread...

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

So I made the Butter Tarts today...half with almonds, half without. Rave reviews here! I used those almonds you find in the produce section that are really for salads...these were honey roasted. YUM!

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

I also get the whole: "Do you know a so and so from Vancouver?"

YES AS A MATTER OF FACT I DO. WE'RE BFF'S!!! WOW WHAT A SMALL WORLD EH!?

Bzzzzz. I'm sorry. The correct response is:

"Oh! So and so! Why yes, I do! She's dead."

Bzzzzz. Wrong! The correct response is:

"Oh! So and so! Why yes, I do! She's dead, eh! She died in a terrbile moose accident when it ran into her igloo. She was so enamored in the blubber she was eating and the seal she was clubbing, she didn't see the moose until it was too late. Eh!"

This thread caught my eye because as an American, I continually cannot believe how many other Americans have at the very least not even the slightest idea where Canada is or that it is its own country which is even larger than ours. I remember trying to mail a letter to a friend in BC and asking the lady at the PO how much was the rate to CN. She quoted me the regular domestic rate. I said, "No, Canada postage is more." She said, "No, Canada is a STATE above California." I just kind of looked at her and told her last time I checked that state was Oregon and Canada was, in fact, it's own huge country above us over which we have no authority-- it kind of functions on its very own as crazy as that sounds. She would not believe me so I had to go to another PO.

ahahaha..this thread was cracking me up! :rofl:

My hasband refers to Canada(jokingly and lovingly) that Canada is Americas hat! :no: so my response was **Canda is bigger and we're on top..if this were prison..the U.S would be our Bit*h :rofl:

AOS

02/25/08 sent AOS packet

02/26/08 packet received chicago lockbox

03/03/08 NOA(I-485,I765,I131)for daughter and myself

03/09/08 received biometrics appointment letter

03/25/08 RFE recieved for NOA for I129F(USCIS lost it! DOH!)

03/25/08 RFE sent

03/26/08 biometrics appointment(YAY!)

03/26/08 EAD touched(for daughter and myself)

03/28/08 EAD touch again!

04/03/08 RFE received case processing resumes

04/29/08 request AP expedited

05/01/08 AP sent out

05/02/08 case transfered to CSC

05/02/08 EAD card production ordered

05/05/08 EAD card production ordered again

05/10/08 EAD card received

05/16/08 AOS touched

05/18/08 AOS touched again!

06/11/08 AOS card production ordered!

06/16/08 green card received in mail!!

no more USCIS for almost 2 years!!

ROC

04/07/10 sent I-751 to VSC

04/09/10 NOA recieved

04/13/10 cheque cashed

05/17/10 early biometrics

06/29/10 card production ordered

07/10/10 card received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So today at work I was going to post a sign in the ladies change room, and I told my coworkers I was doing so.

Their response: "What's a change room!? You mean the locker room!"

Me: "Well its also a change room isn't it?"

Them: *hysterical laughter* "No Nevada, change is what you get when you buy something with cash, or carry in your pocket!"

Me: "Well you also "change" your clothes in there..."

Them: *confused* "No...it doesn't make sense"

BUT IT DID! IT DOES! IT MAKES TOTAL SENSE!

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

If you say "washroom" in the USA they look at u silly too!!

Timeline

Yeah, I have now trained myself to say 'rest room' instead of washroom. You want to know something funny - they said 'Washroom" on the Andy Griffiths show the other night - so it did used to be used in the US as well!! It was in context of taking a bath. I was so totally surprised.

Sprailenes - you are right, it absolutely makes sense! Now, did the 'change room' also have lockers? Because if it had no lockers it couldn't be a locker room, could it?

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
If you say "washroom" in the USA they look at u silly too!!

Oh I know! hahaha I have done that more than a few times.

Also I get the: "####### is pop?" look.

Yeah, I have now trained myself to say 'rest room' instead of washroom. You want to know something funny - they said 'Washroom" on the Andy Griffiths show the other night - so it did used to be used in the US as well!! It was in context of taking a bath. I was so totally surprised.

Sprailenes - you are right, it absolutely makes sense! Now, did the 'change room' also have lockers? Because if it had no lockers it couldn't be a locker room, could it?

Well, it has lockers. But I still knew it as a change room. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.