tenderheartusa79

ITS WEDNESDAY !!!!!!!!

154 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Has anyone tried these dinners? http://www.voilawednesdays.com/varieties/f...esyChicken.aspx They've probably been around forever but I only just noticed them this past weekend and I made this dish yesterday and it was a hit with my picky eaters and the best part is it took all of 1 pan and 10 minutes to cook!!! Even my husband who prefers everything fresh loved it! Definitely cookin' that one at least once/week! :thumbs:

Morning, all. I'm reading backwards, putting off a one-hour transcription that has to be done today.

Bridget, we use those or a similar product maybe once a week too, especially now that hubby's "dinner" is at like 4:30 am. I used a chicken one the other day that we weren't real fond of, didn't have a lot of chicken or taste, but we've liked the garlic chicken and a couple of shrimp ones with a little spice added. I added black pepper and turmeric to the garlic chicken. I've been getting up and cooking and eating with him, but that's throwing off my sleep cycle, so I'd like to prepare homemade stuff ahead and freeze it. We need the face time then, though, since we don't get it otherwise most days. I kissed him goodbye this morning, and he was so zonky that all he said was "I love you" and "What did they take?" What did who take? :unsure: At least he didn't ask me anything in Darija this time.

This reminds me, has anyone ever done a casserole party or something similar? I haven't yet, but it works by getting like five friends together on the weekend, and you each bring the ingredients for five batches of a casserole. You prepare all 25 meals together, except for the baking, and then swap so that everyone takes five different meals home to freeze ahead for the week. It saves a little money since ingredients can be bought in bulk, you get to have fun with your friends for a couple of hours, and you save prep time during the week and still have real food. I guess you need to have a specific range for the budget so that there's equity. Might be fun for Ramadan.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey Bridget - remember those long sleeve tees you posted and I said I ordered some too from the link you provided? Did you get yours? I got mine and I (L) them! They are so comfy and light - perfect for wearing underneath another top. Cheers girl - thanks for the link! :thumbs:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: Timeline

I love that one Bridget!! :thumbs: We have eaten it a few times and it goes over well.

The other thing I like is the Banquet crock pot meals - the ones with chicken are good - I put those in when I leave for work in the morning, (there is nothing to do on my part but dump it in and put some water in) they crock all day and when I get home just make some couscous on the stove (with a little butter and/ or olive oil and some cumin in the boiling water which takes under 10 minutes) and dump the Banquet meal over the couscous!!

You can add olives, or other veggies whatever strikes your fancy.

YUM and easy!!! And if you aren't a couscous fan, I'm sure you could do the same thing over rice or mashed potatoes!

Crock-pot Classics Chicken with Red-skinned potatoes & vegetables

Crock-pot Classics Hearty Beef & Vegetables

http://www.conagrafoods.com/consumer/brand...t#prevNextLinks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I've never tried those meals. I'm sure we would as long as it doesn't have perservatives in it. My husband can really smell it and tell the difference. I thought it was in his head but he knows. Anything easy, I'm tired of cooking 7 days a week!

Timeline
Hey Bridget - remember those long sleeve tees you posted and I said I ordered some too from the link you provided? Did you get yours? I got mine and I (L) them! They are so comfy and light - perfect for wearing underneath another top. Cheers girl - thanks for the link! :thumbs:

I'm wearing my white one now! BUT..................you moroccans and your tumeric!! :angry::angry::angry: I have a HUGE yellow stain in the front and it's a part NOT covered by my sundress that I'm wearing over it so it looks like my kids played with a yellow hilighter on my new shirt!!! How do I get the tumeric stain out of my clothes? I have it all over one of my pants too. (yes I wiped my hands on my pants after cooking that chicken and french fries recipe :blush: )

Tasha they gave her eardrops. She cries when I put them in her ear but when I ask, "does it hurt when I do this?" she says no it just feels funny. She's very clingy lately and wants me to sleep with her each night. She's been giving Usama dirty looks when it's time for bed because she always used to sleep with me when she didn't feel good. lol. Poor thing. He offers to sleep in her bed but she says no so yours truly has to sleep in her little bed with no a/c with her.

I don't have any funny appliance stories except when he vacuumed the couch. I have an adapter for just that purpose but when I looked at what he was doing he had the whole vacuum on top of the couch. (it's that upright vacuum so was pretty funny :P) He also hates anything made from china since those are the cheapest things in Egypt and tend to fall apart real quick.

Ash I have a crock pot and have never ever used it. All the recipes are for 8 hours or less and I am out of the house by 7:45 and not back until 5 at the earliest so I'm afraid I'll burn the house down.

Edited by bridget

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm wearing my white one now! BUT..................you moroccans and your tumeric!! :angry::angry::angry: I have a HUGE yellow stain in the front and it's a part NOT covered by my sundress that I'm wearing over it so it looks like my kids played with a yellow hilighter on my new shirt!!! How do I get the tumeric stain out of my clothes? I have it all over one of my pants too. (yes I wiped my hands on my pants after cooking that chicken and french fries recipe :blush: )

Sorry, Bridget, I lost it when I read this. :blush: I'm sorry about your shirt. I've only gotten it on old t-shirts so far, so I haven't learned how to get it out (I did turn my sister's spatula yellow, but I think that will fade in time :innocent:). I read that if you wash clothes in cold water or put lemon juice on the stains and then dry them in the sun they will fade after a couple of washings, but I haven't put that to the test yet.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Tasha they gave her eardrops. She cries when I put them in her ear but when I ask, "does it hurt when I do this?" she says no it just feels funny. She's very clingy lately and wants me to sleep with her each night. She's been giving Usama dirty looks when it's time for bed because she always used to sleep with me when she didn't feel good. lol. Poor thing. He offers to sleep in her bed but she says no so yours truly has to sleep in her little bed with no a/c with her.

I don't have any funny appliance stories except when he vacuumed the couch. I have an adapter for just that purpose but when I looked at what he was doing he had the whole vacuum on top of the couch. (it's that upright vacuum so was pretty funny :P) He also hates anything made from china since those are the cheapest things in Egypt and tend to fall apart real quick.

Ash I have a crock pot and have never ever used it. All the recipes are for 8 hours or less and I am out of the house by 7:45 and not back until 5 at the earliest so I'm afraid I'll burn the house down.

white= bleach safe!!! I'd use a clorox bleach pen or some "shout" stain stuff, then pop it in a load w/ some bleach. I have also taken to cooking w/ an apron on which I never used to do!

on a different note - wasn't that chicken/french fry dish yummy?!!!

Edited by ME~n~HIM

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Timeline

Sorry, Bridget, I lost it when I read this. :blush: I'm sorry about your shirt. I've only gotten it on old t-shirts so far, so I haven't learned how to get it out (I did turn my sister's spatula yellow, but I think that will fade in time :innocent:). I read that if you wash clothes in cold water or put lemon juice on the stains and then dry them in the sun they will fade after a couple of washings, but I haven't put that to the test yet.

I"ll try that if noura's bleach pen idea doesn't work! BTW that casserole party sounds like a GREAT idea!!!

white= bleach safe!!! I'd use a clorox bleach pen or some "shout" stain stuff, then pop it in a load w/ some bleach. I have also taken to cooking w/ an apron on which I never used to do!

on a different note - wasn't that chicken/french fry dish yummy?!!!

OMG it's a favorite that I have to make once/week now!!! The kids hate it because it looks different :wacko: so I just make them chicken fingers to go with their fries instead. I have some of the broth leftover from when I made it this weekend so I'm just going to fry the chicken up and use the same broth (not just broth,...the whole thing with the onions, tumeric. etc. that was leftover). We both LOVE it!!! I do it a little different though...instead of using a whole cut up chicken I bought some chicken tenders and some boneless skinless chicken thighs for some dark meat and sautee those in the oil/salt/pepper/tumeric/onions and then proceed as normal. I made oven potatoes the last time too instead of using french fries but I have to say I prefer the french fries!! :dance:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

bridget, you cannot fail with a crock pot...just whatever your cooking, leave on low, it should be fine...

the crock pot classics. well, sofyans picky on "pre-made" meals..he says things like that are too sweet...and he can taste the "fakeness" in em...although, he has no probably eating frozen pizzas, boxed chicken wings, and ice cream...lol

so...I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY TO SEE AUNT FLO AS I AM RIGHT NOW....YAHOOOOOOOO!! As much as another baby would be a blessing, it is not the right time..plus, im standing up in my friends wedding in may of 09' I cannot be preggo before that!! I see doc next week, i will talk with him about an alternative to the pill i was on...

cleaning, i dont know, the past month all my days off were weekend days for the most part, so, today is the first day im actually home, and dont have anything else to do (fam parties, shoping, etc) so, the living room is done, kitchen is next, then the bathroom..everything is just soo dusty..2 cats and a dog are quite a mess...

Tasha....LOL to what hubby did...our guys just think they know everything dont they? vaccuming a blanket, nope, your right, never heard of it..

Jackie, hows that job going? I bet Lexy is soooooo excited for school tomorrow..im sure having her grammy walk her there will make it that much better!!!

what should i cook for dinner tonight? we had tacos last night, and homemade pizza the night before, i really need some "real food" tonight..

we have whole chickens, tbones, round steak, and ground beef in the freezer...any suggestions..

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Goodmorning MENA

another hump day...is it me or is the time flyyying by???? I just keep tearing the days off the calendar and still cant believe we are waiting.

Have a great day today

Yes it is coffee time here in PA....back to school weather already hittin here and it is sooo lovely

we had a great night last night, nice and crisp, moon shinin

olivia I love the sunrise pix...unbelievable!

what are you to do in Moscow?

I pray again for the safety and well being of our spouses abroad

and praying harder for their expedient journey home to the open loving arms awaiting them

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Kelly I know what you mean about having a 'real' day off, good thing to get the cleaning done early and thoroughly so it doesnt bug you for the next 3 days. I say either do a chicken dish or use the round steak to do some kind of tomatoe-y smothered steak.

Bridget that made me laugh too about the turmeric. I definitely have some yellowed spatulas and perhaps a t shirt or 2 :P

and Tasha that REALLY made me laugh about the vacuum. Adnan likes to vacuum and after this amount of time he is perfectly trustworthy at it but we definitely had our share of scary and alarming things sucked up. There were many times I would hear that clinking and rattling indicating that something large had been sucked but when I asked 'what was that?' he would say, 'oh, nothing' yikes.

Sorry I cant greet everyone else by name, I have a whining baby clinging to my knees and ankles and an argumentative adolescent giving me a hard time about well, anything, so sometimes my posts have to be abbreviated.

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Timeline
Sorry I cant greet everyone else by name, I have a whining baby clinging to my knees and ankles and an argumentative adolescent giving me a hard time about well, anything, so sometimes my posts have to be abbreviated.

:rofl::rofl: @ the adolescent. Sometimes we have the days where no matter what I say I get the response, "no it's not!", or "that's wrong!". Apparently sometimes my adolescents are geniuses and if I ONLY had the insight and wealth of knowledge that they have I'd be able to carry on a normal conversation and be elected into the "cool club".

Timeline

I make fajitas at home weekly and they are so yummy! We had them last night! We cook the fresh veggies in olive oil and it is to die for!! We then cook the round steak in small slices cook with its own juices and seasoning salt, mix the two together and voila! It is a mexican meal but really you don't have to even make it look like Mexican to him, put all of it on some hoagie buns with mozz cheese and mayo and make it a philly or put it over rice.

That t-bone makes me want to have lunch! I think we are getting gyros for lunch today at work!!

Hey, thats great Kelly about your visit from "Flo"! I fixed my little problemo with the baby thing after Mal was born but we knew we were finished and complete.

I've had the same probs Sara!! Besides the vaccuum sucking blanket incident for some reason I have rocks in my home that get sucked into it from peoples shoes. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! It's just funny to experience these new things with them. The dishwasher like somebody said was a big issue at our house too. I kept explaining it kills germs better to wash it in there but he tends to think that washing it quickly is good enough. Also, another experience was the gas grill and weed eater. I'll leave those appliance funnies for later discussion!

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

OK for those that need a great crock pot recipe that is easy and delicious here is my "go to" recipe:

Staashi's Pot Roast

1 - 2-3 lb London Broil

1 - lipton onion soup packet

1 - 10 oz can of Tomato Soup

1 - 10 oz can of Cream of Mushroom, Celery or Potato soup - you choose.

1 - cup of water

Pepper

Place slab of meat in bottom of crock pot - you don't need to brown it or anything...just dust with pepper. Blend soup packet, tomato soup, cream soup and water in bowl and pour over meat. Set crock pot to low and cook for 8 hours.

This meal is delicious. The liquid creates a wonderful gravy. Many times, I love to throw in a package of those baby carrots about an hour before it's done and let them cook in the gravy. Serve with Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, rice, anything...it is easy peasy.

Edited by Staashi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.