tenderheartusa79

ITS WEDNESDAY !!!!!!!!

154 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
my husband left for syria last week for vacation and called me yesterday and his mom had a heart attack. they did cath. and found 2 arteries blocked 100% and 2 at 80%. he is afraid she wont make it this time. she needs triple bypass surgery now but is at a high risk because of the other heart surgery from years ago. plus she is on blood thinners and without them she has strokes. so its not looking good.

he was suppose to be home sunday night for our 5th wedding anniversary but now may stay there to make sure his mom is ok.

its really strange thing cuz my husbands brother is home from saudi arabia now. they are all together again and this is what his mom always wanted. i just hope she dont give up her fight now.

really its so sad.

I'm sorry for her illness and will remember you, your husband and family in prayer. It is a good thing her children are with her right now. (F)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Good morning! Why is it that fellow Egyptian friends call at 230 and men chat like women for 3 hours? I can't sleep when I hear all of that!

Have a good one!

Its not strange in Egypt so it happens they can call you maybe later than that .

Here in America, if your phone normally rings in the middle of the night it means bad news. Like you are being informed of a friend or family member that has died or is very sick or some type of emergency. I'm sure this is common there but it scared me to death and I couldn't sleep. This guy is a friend of his that lives in Pennsylvania now and he drives a taxi and doesn't get home until then so he called after work.

HG...good luck with your papers! Was it DHL giving you probs?

Yeah i know its kinda the same here in Egypt if your phone normally rings in the middle of the night it means bad news . but i think Egyptian people get used to that when they have guys at home so when the phone rings they know its a call phone for one of their guys .

Well Tasha it was not DHL it was Fedex . as the matter of fact its not their fault . i think something is really wrong with me but i don't know what it is . i have bad luck every time i send her things or when i try to work on anything about me and her . it really drives me nuts .

sometimes it makes me feel like GOD don't want us to be together or something like that :huh:

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good Morning Mena!!! Slow start today, my body feels like i got hit by a truck. I get my new bedroom funiture today!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance: YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline
why am i power cleaning my house soo early?!?!?!?

I don't know but you can head on over to mine when you are finished!

My husband broke my vaccuum cleaner. He tried to vaccuum a blanket with it :bonk: It actually was the funniest thing I have seen in my entire life. He was fighting the vaccuum with this blanket being sucked up and broke the handle off of it!! He was yelling at the vaccuum and said it broke because it was made in China! I said no, it broke because the Egyptian man running it wasn't using his common sense and tried to vaccuum a blanket which by the way I have never heard of being attempted!! Then to my amazement he tried to use the vaccuum with no handle...I was rolling in the floor laughing so hard trying to not pee on myself.

So needless to say, we need to clean our floors now! It is hot spot time for the doggie and he is digging (by the way hubby says its the mange and we can catch it!!:rofl: ) so we have little hairs in the floor. Guess I will make a trip to Walmart and buy a new vaccuum. I told him do not touch any appliances while I am at work!!!

Timeline

kelli - when do you go to the doctor?

hotguy - congrats on getting those papers out, even if you did have problems doing it at least it's done! My husband used to and still does say that there's a black cloud over him so maybe now it went over to you? lol

Donna - I am so sorry about your mother in law. I hope she heals and gets to have good memories of her sons together.

terrie - whoo hoo for new bedroom furniture! I want a new bedroom set too but it's not in the cards until we convert our garage into a new master bedroom.

tasha - did you stay up with your daughter? i think you said she had to keep awake all night? I was up again from 2 to 4am with mine. she has swimmers ear and the tylenol had worn off. this is worse than the ear infections she used to get in terms of pain, poor #######. :(

charles - i like that last camel pic! :lol::lol:

olivia - that pic of the sun rising is amazing. where was that taken?

juliana - I hope you get some good sleep in soon!!!

noura - have you caught up on your jet lag from ny yet?

where is amal lately??????? :unsure:

Phew..I hope I got anyone and sorry for those that I missed!!!! Three more days and then my last week of vacation for the summer! It's going to be filled with back to school shopping. The kids start school on Sep 3 so they're reading like mad to catch up on the summer book reports that are due the first day of school. I hate that. I know they need to read but when it's forced on them during the summer it kind of takes away from the relaxing time that they need. just my two cents on that particular matter. :P

Has anyone tried these dinners? http://www.voilawednesdays.com/varieties/f...esyChicken.aspx They've probably been around forever but I only just noticed them this past weekend and I made this dish yesterday and it was a hit with my picky eaters and the best part is it took all of 1 pan and 10 minutes to cook!!! Even my husband who prefers everything fresh loved it! Definitely cookin' that one at least once/week! :thumbs:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Good morning everyone

Good Luck "hotguy"

Morning Olivia - why are you going to Moscow for???

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 07/05/06 - Met Hayz online by accident

~ 03/30/08 - Packet sent to VSC

~ 04/22/08 - NOA1 issued - Yeah they took it this time

~ 05/22/08 - Touch

~ 07/25/08 - Touch (showed about 1pm on the USCIS site)

~ 07/25/08 - NOA2 sent (must have been later in the day - noticed it on 7/26)

~ 09/10/08 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED ! ! ! !

~ 09/12/08 - VISA RECEIVED

~ 10/17/08 - Arrival in the USA (JFK POE)

~ 10/31/08 - MARRIED! ! !

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ AOS¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 03/26/09 - Sent AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

~ 03/27/09 - AOS packet signed for by V BUSTAMANTE

~ 04/02/09 - NOA for AOS/ EAD / Travel Doc

~ 04/03/09 - Check cashed

~ 04/25/09 - Biometrics

~ 04/20/09 - Transferred to CSC

~ 04/25/09 - Transfer notice received in the mail

~ 04/27/09 - Arrived at CSC

~ 05/09/09 - Employment Auth / Travel Document Approved

~ 05/12/09 - AP approved - without an interview

~ 05/23/09 - Welcome letter received

~ 06/05/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED! ! !

~ 09/11/11 - DIVORCE - DIVORCE - DIVORCE

Timeline

I don't know but you can head on over to mine when you are finished!

My husband broke my vaccuum cleaner. He tried to vaccuum a blanket with it :bonk: It actually was the funniest thing I have seen in my entire life. He was fighting the vaccuum with this blanket being sucked up and broke the handle off of it!! He was yelling at the vaccuum and said it broke because it was made in China! I said no, it broke because the Egyptian man running it wasn't using his common sense and tried to vaccuum a blanket which by the way I have never heard of being attempted!! Then to my amazement he tried to use the vaccuum with no handle...I was rolling in the floor laughing so hard trying to not pee on myself.

So needless to say, we need to clean our floors now! It is hot spot time for the doggie and he is digging (by the way hubby says its the mange and we can catch it!!:rofl: ) so we have little hairs in the floor. Guess I will make a trip to Walmart and buy a new vaccuum. I told him do not touch any appliances while I am at work!!!

:rofl:

My husband is constantly checking where things are made - hates it that everything here is made in China. Says only the cr@piest stuff in Egypt is made in China and over there he would never touch anything with a lable like that.

The funniest thing is when he finally found a cell phone that wasn't made in China he was so happy and proud - the thing was made in Mexico! :blink: I told him that probably wasn't any better. :P

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: Timeline

Gooood morning MENA !!

Remember yesterday it was so hot and humid you couldn't breathe here in Delaware... Well today I woke up and it's positively freezing outside!!! :wacko: Started the car and got the chin shiver and ran back inside to grab a cardigan... Weird East Coast weather! Aaron has his "back to school / meet the teacher " event tonight. We got the packet in the mail from the kindergarten center and his new teacher is Miss Lillie... He is super excited about that with his new camo book bag and Handy Mandy lunchbox! ( I feel so old!! My baby is going to school! )

HG I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems getting the papers sent out and inshallah you will have it under control soon - I don't think it's that Allah doesn't want you to be together... Maybe you just have rotten postal luck like me... Every time I sent something there was drama!! But just keep your head up and it will work out!

Donna A I'm so sorry to hear about the problems with your husband's mother and I really hope that she will be okay. I will pray for her. My step father went through much the same thing a few years ago but he was only 41 and it hit so fast - But the same results of the blockages, plaque, and heart disease, but over 5 years later and el hamdouallah he's alive and his heart is healthier than ever- They held off several years before doing the bypass on him and treated a lot of it through medication and diet changes. His was brought on my life time diabetes and the havoc that can reek on a body.. Only a year ago they did the bypass surgery and again hamdouallah it was a success. So I am hoping and praying that something similar can happen for your MIL incha allha.

Tasha, sorry to hear about the vacuum but it's cute hehe :luv: We've had appliance disasters as well.. However my favorite appliance related event was the refusal to use the dishwasher.. Which is not so horrible - However, instead he chose to wash everything by hand, put it inside the dishwasher to dry, then take it out and put it away! :blink: Hehe.

Kel WOOHOO to days off!!!! I'm not sure I'd be power cleaning with them, but if that's what gets you going hehe. You'll relax better later when you feel like everything is all done! Have fun!

To everyone else.. I hope the day is great and filled with a lot of smiles and laughter! :star:

Timeline

Bridge...its tonight. But you know after last night I may tell Ayman to call his friend and chat with him to keep him up all night!!! Did they give you daughter medication for the swimmers ear? That is something we haven't ever experienced at our house.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

so that you can finish early enough to fly down here and power clean mine when you're done? Don't forget to bring Zaid so I can love on him while you scrub toilets and whatnot! :devil:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Timeline

Yep, Bridget, I'm caught up... I still want to sleep, but it's not from jetlag! LOL All I can say is "alhamdulillah" for the rain - it's keeping things a few degrees cooler! the high today will be in the low 90's. :blink:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: Timeline

Good mornin MENA!

Nothing better than a cup of coffee, a fuzzy kitty and good friends. Hope ya'll have a good day. Enjoy your day off Kel.

Lexy starts kindergarten tommorrow. I've been invited over at 7:30am for the 2 block walk to school.

awwwwwwwwww (L) Ibrahim just called to tell me good morning. I am not looking forward to at least 3 more months alone. Come on CSC where's the K3? By the time I get to NVC, they will be so backlogged it will take 2 months to get a case number for AMM. Sorry, venting just comes out once in awhile.

jJ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good Morning MENA, Charles & Staashi :star: Hope everyone is having a nice day today.

Tasha, I had to laugh too when I was reading about the vacuum cleaner. Adam wont touch mine bcz its pink... and I remember when I was in Egypt, the whole night long all of his guy friends would call him or just give him a ring on the phone. Now, he has his Egyptian friends here will call but thankfully usually dont call past 11pm or 12am... but I sure do remember that feeling of ... why is it necessary to talk that late... its just what they do :lol: :energy:

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline

Tam - I've been dying to know what color you did your hair? And do you like it? Does Adam? :star:

Edited by ME~n~HIM

BJsTm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.