2,826 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congrats to all that have recently received good news- I hope more is on the way...

Joe

K1

11/11/2008 - I-129F Sent

11/13/2008 - I-129F NOA1 issue date

11/17/2008 - Received NOA1 hard copy in the mail

1/23/2009 - Received email stating I was approved (NOA2) on 1/22/2009

1/26/2009 - Recieved NOA2 hard copy in the mail

4/29/2009 - Embassy interview date - was put into AP (given a form with 221(g) box checked)

12/25/2009 - Still stuck in AP- almost 8 MONTHS and counting... :(

12/28/2009 - Embassy finally called my gal for another "interview"

1/14/2010 - VISA APPROVED at the second interview- took about 8 1/2 months of AP

1/21/2010 - Visa delivered by courier- BUT, she opened sealed envelope that was for U.S. Immigration at POE.

Now embassy in Bogota wants us to do the medicals all over again.... nightmare continues.....

2/22/2010 - She went back to Bogota to get labs and medical re-done. Then back to embassy where they finally

re-issued the visa. Is valid until July 13th

7/3/2010 - She made it to the U.S. finally!!! I filed on November 11th 2008 and went thru 8 1/2 months of AP

AOS

12/16/2010 - Sent in packet by Fed Ex to Chicago

1/7/2011 - Notified by email from USCIS packet was received

1/25/2011 - Notified by email we are receiving an RFE

2/4/2011 - Sent translated birth cert in (RFE)

2/9/2011 - Biometrics done

3/1/2011 - EAD/AP card received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Congrats to all that have recently received good news- I hope more is on the way...

Joe

Hey Joe How are ya ?

I hope that everything is going ok with you .Did your fiancee get her visa yet ?

Good luck everyone and i hope that we all will hear good news soon .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Has ayone here been deported from the country they were seekin asylum in after their interview.We tryed transfering our case but sweden wouldn't transfer it to iraq until we are out of ap in sweden.Now our attorney says we will probably have to go thru another interview in baghdad.Will we have to go thru ap again?Somehow the embassey had his permission to stay in sweden til our visa was finished revolked by the swedish police.They called my fiancee back to embassey saying they need to speak with him one more time so he goes and they call police to come get him .Then run out and take pictures as they handcuff him.He was detanded 1 week then released.Two weeks later they come to his house and tell him he must go back in 2 days to iraq .The put him on the plane and he goes back.We have now been in ap for 2 months.Im afraid for him there.Will they deny him now after we wait no telling how many months.Would we better getting married and filing k3.I dont know what to do.Any advice or answers? Or just someone in the same situation that i can talk to?

bridget

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Has ayone here been deported from the country they were seekin asylum in after their interview.We tryed transfering our case but sweden wouldn't transfer it to iraq until we are out of ap in sweden.Now our attorney says we will probably have to go thru another interview in baghdad.Will we have to go thru ap again?Somehow the embassey had his permission to stay in sweden til our visa was finished revolked by the swedish police.They called my fiancee back to embassey saying they need to speak with him one more time so he goes and they call police to come get him .Then run out and take pictures as they handcuff him.He was detanded 1 week then released.Two weeks later they come to his house and tell him he must go back in 2 days to iraq .The put him on the plane and he goes back.We have now been in ap for 2 months.Im afraid for him there.Will they deny him now after we wait no telling how many months.Would we better getting married and filing k3.I dont know what to do.Any advice or answers? Or just someone in the same situation that i can talk to?

I am soo sorry to hear this. Bridget, If you don't get any responses on this, post it in the MENA forum. I am pretty sure that there are people there that can help you.

I wish y'all the best of luck. I hope you have a very short AP and he doesn't have to re-interview.

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Timeline
I am soo sorry to hear this. Bridget, If you don't get any responses on this, post it in the MENA forum. I am pretty sure that there are people there that can help you.

I wish y'all the best of luck. I hope you have a very short AP and he doesn't have to re-interview.

what is the mena forum

bridget

Timeline
what is the mena forum

Sorry Bridget,

I am just seeing this reply, but I see that you found the MENA forum. It stands for Middle East and North Africa. You will find a lot of support there and people that can answer regional questions.

I wish you the best of luck!

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Congratulations lets keep the VISA's rolling

Well my husband ALMOST had his visa in hand last week Feb 7th. The embassy called him to submit his passport and promised it would be printed the same week.

When we didn't hear back from them 4 days later, I emailed the embassy and they called him the same morning and told him to come pick up his passport WITHOUT the visa yet. WTH????

The embassy staff told him that even though the CO approved the visa for printing, they had to send 'something' off to Wash. D.C. and it will take about 2-3 weeks.....yeah right!!! :angry: Sounds like a last minute name check to me! DIDN'T THEY FINISH THAT BEFORE THEY CALLED HIM TO SUBMIT HIS PASSPORT??? :angry:

I'm so very very depressed and don't know how to get out of this black hole of darkness about the endless, information-less waiting and waiting and waiting!!

So everyone, don't get too happy just because the embassy calls you for your passport. They could just as quickly change their mind about being done with you........sorry to be so negative :(

Edited by zahrasalem

01-04-09 - Married in Egyptian Embassy - Qatar - honeymoon in Egypt (Ahmed's home country)

05-04-09 - I-130 Sent

12-13-09 - INTERVIEW PASSED (Qatar)....Spent 12 weeks in AP

03-03-10 - VISA IN HAND :)

03-06-10 - AHMED COMES HOME :)

03-12-10 - SS# card received

03-19-10 - GC received

05-15-10 - First job

06-01-11 - Better job!

03-2012 - Started our business

Removal of Conditions/10 yr GC

02-15-12 - Sent I-175 ROC

07-17-12 - approved!....card production ordered!!!!

07-21-12 - 10 yr card arrived in mail :)

03-2013 - Apply for Naturalization

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I know AP is difficult. There are a lot of procedures that must be gone through. As to the man who is going back to Iraq, well ap is ap. It shouldn't matter if he goes back just make sure everything is transferred to the embassy there.

As to zahrasalem they do a last run through the computer before they can print the visa, it is required. And the same thing happened to us, he turned in his visa and then was told he had to go through more checks.

With the rate that names are added to the "bad list" every day it is very possible that between the AP being finished and the visa being printed that another "bad name" similar to his came up on the list. I hope they clear him soon and his visa is issued quickly.

Good luck to all, the system is a mess, but the waiting will end. AP is the last part of the process and unless your SO is really a bad person you will get your visa.

Timeline

Hi you can add me allso if you want

samer from jordan I130 AP april/29 / 2008 reaffirmed case feb/1/2010 waiting

Thanks

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Amman, Jordan

Marriage :

I-130 Sent : 2006-12-08

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-02-06

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-129F Sent : 2007-04-26

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-12-07

NVC Received : 2008-01-05

NVC Left : 2008-02-1

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2008-04-29 Submit Review

Interview Result : Administrative Review

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

I-130 Approval : 2007-11-08

Comments : case reaffirmed 02-01-2010

waiting for a phone call inshallah

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Your I-130 was approved in 275 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 448 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

Timeline

Just wanted to update .We are still in ap in sweden.Something weard.Someone keeps calling my house from Larkin Parker my caller id sayes .They hang up when i answer.Been calling for 2 weeks.I know they did this to me at nvc level to see if my ex husband didnt still live with me.weard...Hopefully we all get some good news soon.

bridget

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I know AP is difficult. There are a lot of procedures that must be gone through. As to the man who is going back to Iraq, well ap is ap. It shouldn't matter if he goes back just make sure everything is transferred to the embassy there.

As to zahrasalem they do a last run through the computer before they can print the visa, it is required. And the same thing happened to us, he turned in his visa and then was told he had to go through more checks.

With the rate that names are added to the "bad list" every day it is very possible that between the AP being finished and the visa being printed that another "bad name" similar to his came up on the list. I hope they clear him soon and his visa is issued quickly.

Good luck to all, the system is a mess, but the waiting will end. AP is the last part of the process and unless your SO is really a bad person you will get your visa.

Thanks for the encouragement....how long after your husband turned in his passport did they finish the final name check and he got his visa in hand?

01-04-09 - Married in Egyptian Embassy - Qatar - honeymoon in Egypt (Ahmed's home country)

05-04-09 - I-130 Sent

12-13-09 - INTERVIEW PASSED (Qatar)....Spent 12 weeks in AP

03-03-10 - VISA IN HAND :)

03-06-10 - AHMED COMES HOME :)

03-12-10 - SS# card received

03-19-10 - GC received

05-15-10 - First job

06-01-11 - Better job!

03-2012 - Started our business

Removal of Conditions/10 yr GC

02-15-12 - Sent I-175 ROC

07-17-12 - approved!....card production ordered!!!!

07-21-12 - 10 yr card arrived in mail :)

03-2013 - Apply for Naturalization

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

His first interview was April 2007, he was told his visa was ready Oct. 2007, then he was placed in AP again and received his visa July 2008. But he has a VERY common name so I know this was a lot of the problem.

Just hang in there and don't give up hope.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Samer I added you to the tracker I hope I got the dates and years correct let me know if I need to change anything. Your journey is even longer than mine I hope you have your visa soon good luck

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

Timeline

Hi,

THANKS FOR ADDING ME AND THE TIME FRAME IS RIGHT I HOPE YOU GET URS SOON

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Amman, Jordan

Marriage :

I-130 Sent : 2006-12-08

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-02-06

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-129F Sent : 2007-04-26

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-12-07

NVC Received : 2008-01-05

NVC Left : 2008-02-1

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2008-04-29 Submit Review

Interview Result : Administrative Review

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

I-130 Approval : 2007-11-08

Comments : case reaffirmed 02-01-2010

waiting for a phone call inshallah

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Your I-130 was approved in 275 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 448 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.