2,826 posts in this topic

Please add us to the list.

My fiance was told his K1 visa was approved after the interview. He was instructed to come back the following day and pick it up. We were so happy. He returned from the embassy without his passport or a visa the next day. The reason being: time needed for "additional processing". This was one of the most painful moments of my life. Days have passing and the wait is not getting any easier...

Interview date: October 27, 2009

Embassy/Country: Bosnia&Herzegovina

Beneficiary: Male

Thank you all for maintaining this forum. It has been a great resource and it has helped us cope better with this new situation...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Don't give up sometimes an administrative review is done and that usually is finished within 6 weeks I hope you hear positive news soon. Good Luck

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

Don't give up sometimes an administrative review is done and that usually is finished within 6 weeks I hope you hear positive news soon. Good Luck

Thank you.

Most frustrating part of all this is the uncertainty. The anticipation of a phone call from the embassy which could happen at any time, now, or weeks (months) later as you said...

Yes they took his passport which should indicate short wait time, however, I read about a girl from Pakistan whose passport was at the embassy for 3 months. Also, the CO I spoke with over the phone said we will have to wait 3 weeks max. Well, I read about a case where the CO said the same and the actual wait was 6 months (don't remember which country). We are ready for anything and I set my calendar to a 6 month wait. As painful as it is it may make spare me more heart ache. I also feel their processing times are a bit faster these days compared to one year ago just looking at the timelines which gives us a little hope...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

the wait is indeed a torture in the process..... my fiance was interviewed in uk on oct 9 2009, all went well but CO said he must be put thru some processing although everything in interview was easy and went smoothly. now we have been waiting for the phone call too, however on Nov 9th he got an email stating they tried to call him but didnt get through and to please send the passport "for the conclusion of the case"................I have been calling DOS quite often, his passport was finally recieved nov 13th by the embassy they said but its still in AP. anyone know or have an idea of how long they take after they have asked for the passport? hoping and praying we all get outa this AP soon! thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Oh my- I just checked the tracker. Haven't done so in a while. They are getting things done faster-and that is good. Please pray for us sitting in AP for months. May we all start getting those positive phone calls. We need all the prayers we can get!

Thank you!

Baj :innocent:

ah. the longing....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
the wait is indeed a torture in the process..... my fiance was interviewed in uk on oct 9 2009, all went well but CO said he must be put thru some processing although everything in interview was easy and went smoothly. now we have been waiting for the phone call too, however on Nov 9th he got an email stating they tried to call him but didnt get through and to please send the passport "for the conclusion of the case"................I have been calling DOS quite often, his passport was finally recieved nov 13th by the embassy they said but its still in AP. anyone know or have an idea of how long they take after they have asked for the passport? hoping and praying we all get outa this AP soon! thanks

Well i don't want to put you down .but when they ask for the passport it does not mean the AP is done and they are ready to issue the visa .sometimes they ask for the passport to use it to complete that AP .

I had my interview back in March .on July 30,2009 i got an Email from the embassy to send in my passport . they got it on Aug 2 ,2009.I had a second interview on Sept 27,2009 and still no visa .every time i call them or call DOS to check on my case they say still under AP.

I hope that we will hear good news soon .

Edited by Hot Guy

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
Sorry for the AP I know it is devastating especially the initial shock. I hope it wont take long Good Luck

tracker updated

I had my interview on July14th,2009 and was placed under AP.Its exactly been 90 days now and counting... called DOS they said my case moved to non-immigrant visa unit at the embassy i dont know what that means.Still hoping to come out of this soon IA.

Well my fiancee called DOS and they told her the same .

they told her that the embassy transferred our case from Non-immigrant visa to immigrant visa or maybe from immigrant to Non-immigrant don't remember .

I wonder what does that mean ?!

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

My prayers go out for everyone who have been waiting and waiting. It really does seem like things are starting to speed up. My fiance sent his passport yesterday to the Embassy, because his status changed on the AP status checker on Amman embassy website. At first I thought this meant the end of AP, but then I second guessed myself and went into panic mode, thinking it might not be over. However, when I called DOS, they told me that the embassy requested his passport, congratulations, the administrative processing is over. I said "does that mean he's approved and getting his visa" and she said yes.

So my guess is that they just have to word things in a way just in case something unforseen comes up...

This is what it said exactly: (And his status changed on November 15, so it was 6 days before they changed the status- I don't know if they were just back logged for data entry or if additional processing was going on inside of embassy)

Consular Section, Visa Case Status

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Passport Number is: JXXXXXX

Case Status: As of 09-Nov-2009, your passport is required for additional processing. Please submit the documents listed below to the US Embassy via Aramex within 90 days of the date listed above. Barring unforeseen circumstances that may require additional processing, we hope to adjudicate your application within five to fourteen days from the date we receive your passport. Click here for more information on the Aramex Courier Service. Thank you.

1.)Your Current Passport

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

November 15-Embassy asked for his passport!!!!!!!!!!! yahooooooooooo!!!

December 3- VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you God!!!!!! Good luck to everyone!

Timeline
Sorry for the AP I know it is devastating especially the initial shock. I hope it wont take long Good Luck

tracker updated

I had my interview on July14th,2009 and was placed under AP.Its exactly been 90 days now and counting... called DOS they said my case moved to non-immigrant visa unit at the embassy i dont know what that means.Still hoping to come out of this soon IA.

Well my fiancee called DOS and they told her the same .

they told her that the embassy transferred our case from Non-immigrant visa to immigrant visa or maybe from immigrant to Non-immigrant don't remember .

I wonder what does that mean ?!

I BELIEVE, and I could be totally wrong, but I BELIEVE that if it was transfered from immigrant to non-immigrant it means it will get through faster. I noticed on our embassy (Amman) website it said an average of 30-60 days AP for non-immigrant, and an average of 5 months for immigrant. I wondered why there was such a big difference in this, if basically they are getting the same checks done? Also from reading on FBI website, I came accross something similar, although I am unable to quote directly. So again, I could be totally wrong here, and someone please correct me if you think or know differently, but I THINK it means that things should be moving for you shortly, inshaallah.

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Timeline

We are in AP and told that it would take up to 7 months, maybe more. I am just concerned that Cairo is lying (they are well known for that) and it'll be a lot longer then that. InshaAllah that is not the case. Anyhow, just trying to keep the faith.

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband's interview was on Nov 9, 2009. They took his passport but everytime I call DOS they say that he is in AP. Best of luck to everyone!!!!

Embassy Journey

2009-11-15 : Case at US Embassy in Cairo

2009-10-26 : Medical Exam@4pm

2009-10-28 : Medical Exam results given

2009-11-09 : Interview Date @ 9am

2009-11-09 to 2010-01-21 AP

2010-02-02: Visa Issued

2010-02-06 : Visa in Hand

2010-02-11 : U.S. Entry

U.S. Journey

2010-03-01 : Social Security card received

2010-03-04 : Welcome to the US letter received in the mail

2010-03-11 : Green card received

2010-04-04 : Ahmad got a J-O-B (Alhamdullah!)

2010-05-22 : Ahmad got his DL

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Timeline
We are in AP and told that it would take up to 7 months, maybe more. I am just concerned that Cairo is lying (they are well known for that) and it'll be a lot longer then that. InshaAllah that is not the case. Anyhow, just trying to keep the faith.

I'm sorry for that . I did not notice that the embassy said that to your husband .

At least they were honest with him .they told me it will take 2 weeks ! and it has been almost 8 months and still nothing .

I hope it wont be that long for him .and inshaallah we will hear good news soon .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

I hope it goes faster for you!! Amman told us 5 months and it only took a month! God Bless!

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Questions:

WHY would they need a passport to kept to "complete" AP? What is on the passport that they would need it for anything? All of this information is in the file. I do not see any reason to keep a passport other than to put a stamp into it. Obviously they do, but I do not understand why. :huh:

Also- My SO is from Iraq; but living in Syria as a temporary resident. What happens if they take his passport to "complete AP" and they keep it for a period of time? He needs to have this with him as it is his identification. Will the Embassy issue him something to use in place of it? That is his identification and we worry a bit about them having it for any length of time.

Thanks!

Baj

ah. the longing....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

LOL has you know they also took my husbands passport at the interview in July 2008 he is on AP and in May of 2009 his case was returned to USCIS for what I dont know and as of yet we havent been informed so taking a passport can mean lots of things at our request his passport was returned to him in Sept of 2008. And yes they should realize that they need that passport for ID purposes.

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.