2,826 posts in this topic

So assuming they call me for phone investigation. SO answered one question wrong. If I answer it right and our answers don't match won't that be a problem?

I guess the answer to your question depends on what the question is that you answer right to and your SO answered wrong to. If it has to do with the dates of your meeting and relationship, I don't think the CO would be OK with hearing different dates from each of you. Maybe minor details of your relationship such as, maybe for example if both of you exchanged rings and the CO asked your fiance when you guys exchanged rings and he said 2 months into the relationship and you said about 3 months, I don't think this is a red flag....but then again, my point of giving this example is that it all depends on the CO....and what constitutes as minor details that have room for error and what details cannot have any errors. My belief is that if the relationship is true, then there is nothing to worry about. Like for example, my fiance was asked at the time of his interview the name of the college where I got my bachelors from and he couldn't remember the exact name so he answered with a name very similar to the actual college name, and I was asked the same question at the time of the phone investigation, and I said the correct name of the college I got my bachelors degree from--I don't think that just because he didn't get the name right it could be a reason for a red flag. So it all depends on the CO and the type of questions they want answers to.

Good luck and you have nothing to worry about in a true relationship, so you should be fine.

Edited by MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

fouziathegr8 Thanks for the sweet words the tracker keeps me focused and I hope it helps everyone else I think the tracker shows us about how long each embassy is taken at least we can see AP cases are being handled much faster now. The more people that sign up the better view we have. And you, paciencia and miamiwife are definitely due I hope everyone hears good news soon.

Miamiwife hope you are okay we haven't heard from you lately.

WhidbeyGirl hang in there today is the worst I know AP was a big shock to me it was like a slap in the face I wasn't prepared for. The second slap was having the case sent back LOL now I'm just preparing for the next round

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

The incorrect answer was where I was working when I met. He wasn't even close because he confused some dates. Not only that I was working 2 jobs and had 2 other self-employment businesses when we met.

divorced - what is so hard is that I checked, double checked, even checked 3 and 4 times before sending anything out and I am extremely organized - outlined and explained everything in each packet. It paid off because we haven't be questioned on anything or gotten an RFE. We have flown through the entire process just look at my timeline - it's only been 5 1/2 months since I sent in our initial paperwork we built up a tremendous speed and then to hit this darn brick wall is mind numbing and hurts like heck!! I mean last night I was getting ready to hit "purchase" on a free airline miles ticket home for him. This wasn't ANYWHERE even on our radar screen. If the case were to be sent back I think I'd have a complete and total melt down.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
The incorrect answer was where I was working when I met. He wasn't even close because he confused some dates. Not only that I was working 2 jobs and had 2 other self-employment businesses when we met.

divorced - what is so hard is that I checked, double checked, even checked 3 and 4 times before sending anything out and I am extremely organized - outlined and explained everything in each packet. It paid off because we haven't be questioned on anything or gotten an RFE. We have flown through the entire process just look at my timeline - it's only been 5 1/2 months since I sent in our initial paperwork we built up a tremendous speed and then to hit this darn brick wall is mind numbing and hurts like heck!! I mean last night I was getting ready to hit "purchase" on a free airline miles ticket home for him. This wasn't ANYWHERE even on our radar screen. If the case were to be sent back I think I'd have a complete and total melt down.

i have been there, and feel your pain, believe me. when we applied for the k1 visa last year. we had all of our ducks in a row, and had an attorney. flew threw the process, and was hit with a ton of bricks. i thought i was living in a nightmare when i got the phone call after his interview. i literally felt like i had been hit by a ton of bricks, which was one of my forum topics when i was originally going thru all of this. then mrsjibowu gave me advice i will never forget. take the bricks and start building a fort. our case eventually was sent back to USCIS.

you are a strong woman. i believe you can handle whatever life throws at you. it is easier said than done, since you are just beginning. you still may get the visa now and purchase the tickets. but if worse comes to worse, and your case does make it back (God forbid) then there are still ways to fight. it is not the end of the road. you can always start preparing any information you would need to rebutt possible denial reasons because for married people, you always get a chance to rebutt, which was not the case for us since we applied for the K1.

although our case was never officially put on AP, i have been trying to get my now husband here since october 2007. true love, you can endure anything life throws your way.

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Ok, I am scared everyone! What does it mean if on Wednesday I called DOS and they said you are in Final review and then on Thursday my status at DOS was visa printed and today it is Pending in the consulate? Does it mean that there is an issue that needs to be resolved? I asked was there AP and she said it had cleared in Washington and now the case is pending at the embassy. So, are we on AP after the visa has been printed?

:-) Hip hip hooray! Alhamdulillah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Visa printed!!!!!!!!!! 08-06-09 after 4 tiring months of AP! Thanks Allah-you are the greatest!

Exactly 4 months after the interview! Amazing! :-)

08/11/09 Passport/Visa in hand! Alhamdulillah! Allah is magnificent!

08/18/2009-Home with the family! :-) Masha'Allah!

Ok, I am scared everyone! What does it mean if on Wednesday I called DOS and they said you are in Final review and then on Thursday my status at DOS was visa printed and today it is Pending in the consulate? Does it mean that there is an issue that needs to be resolved? I asked was there AP and she said it had cleared in Washington and now the case is pending at the embassy. So, are we on AP after the visa has been printed?

Maybe by "pending at the embassy" DOS means that it is pending your husband receiving the visa; that is has not left the embassy yet or is not mailed out yet, so that is why it is pending. Otherwise, it does not make sense for DOS to tell you that your visa was printed on Thursday and now it is pending. When a visa is printed, that means it has been approved, and done with and ready to be given to your fiance...which is why they went ahead and printed it. Hope that this is the case. Post an update as soon as it is clear to you why it is pending after being printed, because it does not make sense to me that they put a visa into pending AFTER it is printed.

Goodluck, InshaAllah you will receive good news and this is nothing to worry about!

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Timeline

HEY EVERY1! I want to let everyone know the good news that My husband got his visa 2 days ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and it was not a surprise !!! i went to the embassy and raised questions!!

ok well good luck every1!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
HEY EVERY1! I want to let everyone know the good news that My husband got his visa 2 days ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to those with visas in hand. :dance:

Marm, thanks for the encouragement. I am hoping you are right. Pray for me! :blink:

Edited by ♥ Sweethearts ♥

:-) Hip hip hooray! Alhamdulillah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Visa printed!!!!!!!!!! 08-06-09 after 4 tiring months of AP! Thanks Allah-you are the greatest!

Exactly 4 months after the interview! Amazing! :-)

08/11/09 Passport/Visa in hand! Alhamdulillah! Allah is magnificent!

08/18/2009-Home with the family! :-) Masha'Allah!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

fouziathegr8

Congratulaions :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Your visa being issued shows us that we might have to wait but it will happen

Good Luck to you both

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

Timeline

:dance::dance::dance:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

:star: Guys Today i receive an email from USEM islamabad in this email they wrote me,

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are pleased to inform you that your visa is in final process and hopefully you will receive a call / letter very soon.

Contact our office after 1-2 weeks if you don’t hear anything from our office.

I hope this information will be helpful to you.

Thanks & Best Regards,

American Embassy

Immigration Visa Unit

Islamabad, Pakistan

+92-51-208-2700

Fax:+92-51-2822-632

Now i think it will be over soon..lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congratulations!

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

:star: Guys Today i receive an email from USEM islamabad in this email they wrote me,

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are pleased to inform you that your visa is in final process and hopefully you will receive a call / letter very soon.

Contact our office after 1-2 weeks if you don’t hear anything from our office.

I hope this information will be helpful to you.

Thanks & Best Regards,

American Embassy

Immigration Visa Unit

Islamabad, Pakistan

+92-51-208-2700

Fax:+92-51-2822-632

Now i think it will be over soon..lol

I hope it is over soon for you! Quick question: Is it common for an embassy or the DOS to let one know that their AP or Visa approval is in "final review or process?" Seems like I have seen people mention that before, in their posts....

Thanks,

Joe

K1

11/11/2008 - I-129F Sent

11/13/2008 - I-129F NOA1 issue date

11/17/2008 - Received NOA1 hard copy in the mail

1/23/2009 - Received email stating I was approved (NOA2) on 1/22/2009

1/26/2009 - Recieved NOA2 hard copy in the mail

4/29/2009 - Embassy interview date - was put into AP (given a form with 221(g) box checked)

12/25/2009 - Still stuck in AP- almost 8 MONTHS and counting... :(

12/28/2009 - Embassy finally called my gal for another "interview"

1/14/2010 - VISA APPROVED at the second interview- took about 8 1/2 months of AP

1/21/2010 - Visa delivered by courier- BUT, she opened sealed envelope that was for U.S. Immigration at POE.

Now embassy in Bogota wants us to do the medicals all over again.... nightmare continues.....

2/22/2010 - She went back to Bogota to get labs and medical re-done. Then back to embassy where they finally

re-issued the visa. Is valid until July 13th

7/3/2010 - She made it to the U.S. finally!!! I filed on November 11th 2008 and went thru 8 1/2 months of AP

AOS

12/16/2010 - Sent in packet by Fed Ex to Chicago

1/7/2011 - Notified by email from USCIS packet was received

1/25/2011 - Notified by email we are receiving an RFE

2/4/2011 - Sent translated birth cert in (RFE)

2/9/2011 - Biometrics done

3/1/2011 - EAD/AP card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.