2,826 posts in this topic

Hey VJers, hows everyone hanging in there.... me not so great.... had one of those days today where u just really hate everything becasue of this stupid AP. I see we got a few new people added, I'm sorry you're here we hope your AP wont be too long but theres a lot of great pple on here who are suffering too and they make a great support system. I think if i ever get out of this, im always going to remeber everyone here. like im noticing now more than ever that is not just mena people or muslims its truly pple from all over the world. AP doesnt disrciminate, bad luck is what i call it.

But to be on a positive side, and not get anyone down..... i guess we have to look at the light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully it will shine on all us soon lol. Anything new going on with u MQ and Melody? With me, i called dos today bc like i said i was having a crapola of a morning so im like ugh lemme just do it. I did, and got chris for the first time ever. Hes not really that nice, and i kinda felt stupid talking to him lol. like i would ask questions and he would answer them really uninterested. Anywayz so our convo kinda went like so im checking to see the status of my husbads visa, hes like well the embassy is processing it. Considering it was the first time ever i had heard that, im like wat do u mean processing it? well to see if hes going to get the visa issued to him or not. im like ok so they are processing in and its not just the general term AP. he got quiet bc im sure he was thinking i was nuts. Than i was like so its not in D.C. hes like no. so im like ummmmm ok. thanx. hahahaha i felt really lame. so u guys, wat do u think it means now that its at the embassy, according to him, at least. anywayz,,,,,,, it was the the first time i heard processing and not pnding, even tho both prolly mean the same. Hey scottthuy, if u read this wat do u think it might mean? or am i getting excited for nothing?

Hey VJers, hows everyone hanging in there.... me not so great.... had one of those days today where u just really hate everything becasue of this stupid AP. I see we got a few new people added, I'm sorry you're here we hope your AP wont be too long but theres a lot of great pple on here who are suffering too and they make a great support system. I think if i ever get out of this, im always going to remeber everyone here. like im noticing now more than ever that is not just mena people or muslims its truly pple from all over the world. AP doesnt disrciminate, bad luck is what i call it.

But to be on a positive side, and not get anyone down..... i guess we have to look at the light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully it will shine on all us soon lol. Anything new going on with u MQ and Melody? With me, i called dos today bc like i said i was having a crapola of a morning so im like ugh lemme just do it. I did, and got chris for the first time ever. Hes not really that nice, and i kinda felt stupid talking to him lol. like i would ask questions and he would answer them really uninterested. Anywayz so our convo kinda went like so im checking to see the status of my husbads visa, hes like well the embassy is processing it. Considering it was the first time ever i had heard that, im like wat do u mean processing it? well to see if hes going to get the visa issued to him or not. im like ok so they are processing in and its not just the general term AP. he got quiet bc im sure he was thinking i was nuts. Than i was like so its not in D.C. hes like no. so im like ummmmm ok. thanx. hahahaha i felt really lame. so u guys, wat do u think it means now that its at the embassy, according to him, at least. anywayz,,,,,,, it was the the first time i heard processing and not pnding, even tho both prolly mean the same. Hey scottthuy, if u read this wat do u think it might mean? or am i getting excited for nothing?

hey nothing new for me i called DOS today and got its still under AP. also i dont like chris eather lol i got him twice and i dont realy like em too much. but yes i have been told "Processing" before its same as AP. since one day they tell me Processing and the next day they say AP lol.

02-14-10: Medical exam (Passed)

03-17-10: Interview (Approved But Pending AP.)

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

12-01-10: Husband Sends In Passport Via Aramex

12-11-10: Husband Picks Up Visa

12-14-10: Flight Booked

12-22-10: USA Entry[/color]

02-20-11

02-27-11

"Still Together,even after rough times."~muslimqueen

hey nothing new for me i called DOS today and got its still under AP. also i dont like chris eather lol i got him twice and i dont realy like em too much. but yes i have been told "Processing" before its same as AP. since one day they tell me Processing and the next day they say AP lol.

Hey hun, yea i know they are not consistent with wat word they choose to use, its either, review, processing, or pending. the thing is with me im more confused than ever becasue this was the first time anyone told me that the embassy was processing it. about 3 weeks ago i was told it was in washington, than now all of a sudden its being done at the embassy. is there a possibility that it was in washington before and is now being looked at in the embassy. i figured theres 2 things that can be going on they are either completely clueless themselves, or watever was going on in washington finished and is now at the embassy. i really dont know. jeez. im driving myself nuts. lets say chris is right and its being looked at in the embassy, is that a good thing? anyone who has anything to say feel to respond.... even if its to tell me im nuts lol.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey hun, yea i know they are not consistent with wat word they choose to use, its either, review, processing, or pending IMO(I think that they are reviewing the pending process.). the thing is with me im more confused than ever becasue this was the first time anyone told me that the embassy was processing it. about 3 weeks ago i was told it was in washington, than now all of a sudden its being done at the embassy. is there a possibility that it was in washington before and is now being looked at in the embassy. i figured theres 2 things that can be going on they are either completely clueless themselves, or watever was going on in washington finished and is now at the embassy. i really dont know. jeez. im driving myself nuts. lets say chris is right and its being looked at in the embassy, is that a good thing? anyone who has anything to say feel to respond.... even if its to tell me im nuts lol.

I am going to tell you like the Embassy told me.... I (thank God) have an embassy that will atleast answer the phone (LOL)... They wont tell me much about my personal case but they are more than willing to answer generic questions..SO I was confused with what DOS had told me ... was my case in washington/ was my case at the embassy (who is processing it.. is anyone processing it, looking at it, getting cheeto covered finger prints on it?)... Almost like I needed to sing the song.. where oh where has my paperwork gone ,oh where oh where could it be... the file was cut short with the process long ohh where oh where could it be... So my embassy told me that the case never leaves the embassy, they share files with Washington and other appropriate athorities, but that your file will stay at the emabassy until it is either denied and sent back to the USCIS or approved and a visa issued.

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yep.. pretty much the same thing...

Pending means the visa has yet to be issued or a decision has yet to be made... And we all know they say Additional Processing or Administrative processing to say that there is something yet to be done...

Mel the paper file does not leave the consulate until they are done with it and have made a decision.. when they say its in DC's hands that just means they are having DC run a check for them...

At our consulate it is more common for the consulate to do its own checks or investigations...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

hehehehe....

I have not called DoS in over a week.... I can't believe how much calmer I have been this week.... :thumbs:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Okay here goes I called DOS on Friday the 9th and spoke to Chris he told me your case is pending AP I tried to pick him and he would just say the case is in AP. I called on Wednesday the 14th and spoke to Katie she said on they are just waiting on an interview date its summer and they are busy with other visas I can tell she is looking at the first screen and I said You know its been 2 years and Im getting a little confused as to why its taking so long. She said mmmmmm wait a minute she apologizes and tells me she was on the wrong screen she says its in AP they are working on it and I said how long will this go on she said oh! oh! they sent a letter dated Thursday the 8th requesting a new medical, police report, DS230 and new photos Im in shock and I tell her thank you and hang up. So I tell m husband to schedule a medical we have the police report and to call the call center and see if they give him an interview date( Ukraine has a call center you buy time to talk to them $12 for 8 minutes) They ask for his case number and tell him his interview is August 18 So now I have still not heard from the Embassy and neither has my husband so Im not sure what he is suppose to do. Im just hoping that the call center would not give him a date unless it was cleared by the Embassy to do so. I called DOS today and spoke to Brian he told me the same thing I told him my husband didnt get a letter and he said they also sent me one so Im waiting for mail from Ukraine LOl in the past they have always sent emails why not now. At any rate it seems to be moving forward.

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Okay here goes I called DOS on Friday the 9th and spoke to Chris he told me your case is pending AP I tried to pick him and he would just say the case is in AP. I called on Wednesday the 14th and spoke to Katie she said on they are just waiting on an interview date its summer and they are busy with other visas I can tell she is looking at the first screen and I said You know its been 2 years and Im getting a little confused as to why its taking so long. She said mmmmmm wait a minute she apologizes and tells me she was on the wrong screen she says its in AP they are working on it and I said how long will this go on she said oh! oh! they sent a letter dated Thursday the 8th requesting a new medical, police report, DS230 and new photos Im in shock and I tell her thank you and hang up. So I tell m husband to schedule a medical we have the police report and to call the call center and see if they give him an interview date( Ukraine has a call center you buy time to talk to them $12 for 8 minutes) They ask for his case number and tell him his interview is August 18 So now I have still not heard from the Embassy and neither has my husband so Im not sure what he is suppose to do. Im just hoping that the call center would not give him a date unless it was cleared by the Embassy to do so. I called DOS today and spoke to Brian he told me the same thing I told him my husband didnt get a letter and he said they also sent me one so Im waiting for mail from Ukraine LOl in the past they have always sent emails why not now. At any rate it seems to be moving forward.

SO awesome... I pray that it is truely moving forward and that you will be with your hubby soon!!

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

i called dos today bc like i said i was having a crapola of a morning so im like ugh lemme just do it. I did, and got chris for the first time ever. Hes not really that nice, and i kinda felt stupid talking to him lol. like i would ask questions and he would answer them really uninterested. Anywayz so our convo kinda went like so im checking to see the status of my husbads visa, hes like well the embassy is processing it. Considering it was the first time ever i had heard that, im like wat do u mean processing it? well to see if hes going to get the visa issued to him or not. im like ok so they are processing in and its not just the general term AP. he got quiet bc im sure he was thinking i was nuts. Than i was like so its not in D.C. hes like no. so im like ummmmm ok. thanx. hahahaha i felt really lame. so u guys, wat do u think it means now that its at the embassy, according to him, at least. anywayz,,,,,,, it was the the first time i heard processing and not pnding, even tho both prolly mean the same. Hey scottthuy, if u read this wat do u think it might mean? or am i getting excited for nothing?

Nearly two months ago Chris told me that my case was no longer in Washington and that it was back at the embassy (figuratively speaking)....my husband and I were hopeful that the wait was almost over...two weeks went by and I called DOS, specifically asking wether the namechecks in DC were ongoing and she said yup, and I don't know why you were told that they had finished. I'm not the first he's hinted at good news to, only for us to still be 'pending'.

Yay, Whatznext...that sounds like good news!! Fingers crossed that it's almost over, and gosh, it's been exactly two years since your husband's interview...you must have the patience of Job!!

I dont blame you for wanting to take a break from all things Visa. I read your post to that A$$, I mean person... that suposedly was a journalist but wants to know if anyone ever had a women :hehe: I was going to say something... but you sounded WAy more educated than I would ... hehehehehehehe

When you were counting your 90 days did you take away all holidays and weekends? Are did you just count 90 days from your interview date? I find it soooo weird that the CO told you the same thing... it haunt me and I know it does you.. I wish they would of told me at the interview I was on AP... instead they told us Congrats you are approved... handed my Husband a Welcome to America pamplet... then I asked the Lady CO if we could pick up the passport/visa instead of waiting on it to be mailed and she said yes!! uggggh I have nightmares.

Well, I just saw my husband back in May/June... So I guess you could say that I have already seen him :( I am trying to make plans if not just in my head to see him in October after it has cooled off a little bit..

Our 90th day is Aug 19th... keeping my fingers crossed

Hehe, no comment!

I counted every day, and I think almost everyone else does too. Hopefully you'll see Amit again soon, preferably when he arrives in the US :lol:

If you read through the posts on the MENA forum you'll see that there have been quite a few approvals recently without AP - and the beneficiaries (currently all are male) receiving their visas within days of their interviews. No one really knows the precise reasons why we get put in the black hole, but we all know it's somewhere we'd not rather be!!

Nearly two months ago Chris told me that my case was no longer in Washington and that it was back at the embassy (figuratively speaking)....my husband and I were hopeful that the wait was almost over...two weeks went by and I called DOS, specifically asking wether the namechecks in DC were ongoing and she said yup, and I don't know why you were told that they had finished. I'm not the first he's hinted at good news to, only for us to still be 'pending'.

No wayyyyy, well thanks for the input. i guess i shouldnt be expecting a congratualtions call anytime soon than. as far as i know whenevr i ask anyone at DOS about it being looked at in washington they now dont tell me, i dont know if they are trying to be discrete or what. i always get that "it doesnt leave the embassy comment" which i know. so him telling me no its at the embassy i was like thinking woo hoo maybe the checks are done. do you know if they even tell us if they are done or do they just kind of shrug that off too? i actually had a lady from DOS tell me i dont know why it matters to you if its at the embassy or washington i would only want to know about the visa, lol. yea they are not the friendliest or most helpful people in the world. I guess we can only wait and see unfortunately. how long have you been in AP?

Edited by ForeverWaiting2

OMG, that is sooooo great. From what i heard thats usually a good thing so im keeping my fingers crossed for you. this would be the best news any of us have heard on AP in a long time... plus you deserve it its been a while for you. keep us updated :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.