2,826 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Woooooowwwwwwwwww, go Melody. That's great that you know so many people that may be able to help this cause. Especially since our congressmen and senators dont seem to care. I truly hope you hear back from someone, we need good news. I'm especially curious about the FOIA. It's the first time I ever heard of that like truthfully if that works it would be great bc just like you we have all run out of solutions. Being in AP is like hitting a dead end with no escape. As much as people say oh just focus on the end of the tunnel, its way too hard with this process. Anywayz, you are totally in my thoughts I really hope you hear back. Oh, quick question, just like MQ asked how do u file that FOIA?

hahahaha Yea, I do know a few ppl... I did email Marybeth last night... If she cant help me or direct me on who to contact then I will start on Darla Atlas with People Magazine, she also rights an article for a Paper in Texas... I wish I knew someone from the Washington Post... my thoughts are they might.. and I can use them as a reference.

Even if all that I have done still gets me no where I can say that I feel empowered educating myself about OUR Laws as Americans, Not to mention I dont feel useless just sitting here... This is the first steps in my endeavors.. the longer I am on AP the more time I have to research a way out of this hell... I believe there has to be a key to break this puzzle.. sitting and going truely crazy is not an option.. I am trying to direct my energy to positivity.

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Timeline

OMG!!!!! LOL... DOS just hung up on me... I called to check on the status of my Husbands visa and she told me that he was still under processing, I asked he if she could tell me what kind of process and of course she said that she could not, then I told her with the Freedom of Information Act that it was against my rights for her to with hold information from me on my case... ummm she choked a little and then said thanks for calling.. click

LOL... I think I will just keep calling them back quoting them with different acts of right... let me see.. I think there might be something in the constitution...

disclaimer: I called DOS last week and they told me that if I called them everyday that it would not matter they have noway to make notations on our file and that it wouldnt bother them :D

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

OMG!!!!! LOL... DOS just hung up on me... I called to check on the status of my Husbands visa and she told me that he was still under processing, I asked he if she could tell me what kind of process and of course she said that she could not, then I told her with the Freedom of Information Act that it was against my rights for her to with hold information from me on my case... ummm she choked a little and then said thanks for calling.. click

LOL... I think I will just keep calling them back quoting them with different acts of right... let me see.. I think there might be something in the constitution...

disclaimer: I called DOS last week and they told me that if I called them everyday that it would not matter they have noway to make notations on our file and that it wouldnt bother them :D

Hi Melody!

Good for you that your taking steps forward to get answers on your case. If you do get someone who takes interest, please mention to them our community here on VisaJourney and that many people are stuck in this hell with no way out. Good luck! Keep us posted.

J1 Waiver: April 24, 2009 -- October 1, 2009
K1: October 6, 2009 -- April 29, 2010
AP: April 29, 2010 -- July 28, 2010
Visa: August 03, 2010
POE: August 19, 2010
AOS: September 13, 2010 -- November 10, 2010
Received GreenCard: November 17, 2010

ROC: Mailed packet: 8/10/2012
NOA1: 8/14/2012
Check Cashed: 8/16/2012
Biometrics Appt: 9/10/2012
RFE: 4/08/2013. Request to RFE sent: 4/19/2013
GC Approval Letter Received: 5/03/2013
GC Received: 00/00/00

event.png

U S EMBASSY IN COLOMBO, SRI LANKA

INTERVIEW DATE JULY 6TH 2010

CASE SEND BACK TO WASHINGTON FOR ADDITIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESS.

consular lady didn't say what is the reason for.who can i contact about it?

lol. who was she cuz a lady hung up on me a couple weeks back too. I told her how can you not tell me anything about my case, what am i just expected to sit down and do nothing, and she hung up lol.

Let me know if something works and if you get someone helpful keep there name so ill keep hanging up till i get them lol!

02-14-10: Medical exam (Passed)

03-17-10: Interview (Approved But Pending AP.)

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

12-01-10: Husband Sends In Passport Via Aramex

12-11-10: Husband Picks Up Visa

12-14-10: Flight Booked

12-22-10: USA Entry[/color]

02-20-11

02-27-11

"Still Together,even after rough times."~muslimqueen

Timeline

U S EMBASSY IN COLOMBO, SRI LANKA

INTERVIEW DATE JULY 6TH 2010

CASE SEND BACK TO WASHINGTON FOR ADDITIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESS.

consular lady didn't say what is the reason for.who can i contact about it?

1.) You can contact DOS for weekly updates 202-663-1225 <might want to put them on speed dial> press "1" then "0" to speak to an operator.

2.) You can call the embassy if they recieve phone calls Consulate Phone Number: Phone: 011-2448-007

FAX: +94 (11) 243-6943

Consulate E-Mail: consularcolombo@state.gov <Maybe they can give you a heads up with a timeframe>

3.) You can "pray" this is what an operator from DOS told me... :rofl:

4.) Last but not least you can join me in crazy land while we wait and wait and I will try to keep you laughing through this process :thumbs:

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

wow Americas laws and such sucks realy for the FOIA if they wanna tell you any info you have to pay $25 so i cold pay the 25 bucks and them tell me "Its pendding in W. DC." Ugh please so much for the land of the free.

And i gusse are right to free speach is taken away aswell seeing how if we say anything the DOS will just hang up on us

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

02-20-11

02-27-11

Timeline

1.) You can contact DOS for weekly updates 202-663-1225 <might want to put them on speed dial> press "1" then "0" to speak to an operator.

2.) You can call the embassy if they recieve phone calls Consulate Phone Number: Phone: 011-2448-007

FAX: +94 (11) 243-6943

Consulate E-Mail: consularcolombo@state.gov <Maybe they can give you a heads up with a timeframe>

3.) You can "pray" this is what an operator from DOS told me... :rofl:

4.) Last but not least you can join me in crazy land while we wait and wait and I will try to keep you laughing through this process :thumbs:

this is also a good site to help you understand AP:

http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/SecurityNameChecksAndAdministrativeReview.html

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

Timeline

wow Americas laws and such sucks realy for the FOIA if they wanna tell you any info you have to pay $25 so i cold pay the 25 bucks and them tell me "Its pendding in W. DC." Ugh please so much for the land of the free.

And i gusse are right to free speach is taken away aswell seeing how if we say anything the DOS will just hang up on us

LOL... Welcome to America... heres your sign <to tell you where to go pay> :rofl:

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

LOL... Welcome to America... heres your sign <to tell you where to go pay> :rofl:

Like we havent already paied enough for the visa already :unsure:

02-20-11

02-27-11

>.> You guys make me scared to call, they must hate us AP folks by now.

My fiance is such a pessimist too, lol, every time I make a suggestion to him he's like "nope won't work" yet at the same time he has to keep doing things to make himself feel better. Let us know how the FOIA thing goes, I am interested to see what kind of information they're actually willing to give us.

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I talked to Chris this morning... nothing new, but at least I was able to talk to someone who is very polite...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I talked to Chris this morning... nothing new, but at least I was able to talk to someone who is very polite...

LUCKY!!! When I called this AM, I kept praying it was Chris. I've called several times today and never got Chris and one person said--I don't know what the person from yesterday was talking about and another said--well maybe its just communication between the Embassy and DoS but it doesn't mean ur case is complete. WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J1 Waiver: April 24, 2009 -- October 1, 2009
K1: October 6, 2009 -- April 29, 2010
AP: April 29, 2010 -- July 28, 2010
Visa: August 03, 2010
POE: August 19, 2010
AOS: September 13, 2010 -- November 10, 2010
Received GreenCard: November 17, 2010

ROC: Mailed packet: 8/10/2012
NOA1: 8/14/2012
Check Cashed: 8/16/2012
Biometrics Appt: 9/10/2012
RFE: 4/08/2013. Request to RFE sent: 4/19/2013
GC Approval Letter Received: 5/03/2013
GC Received: 00/00/00

event.png

I Called and got sara. She said that "its here in Washington" and i said pendding name checks" and she said "something like that but not exactly name checks" Then i asked can you tell me how long it can be she said "I wish i cold i would be glad to have told you but i dont know, you just have to keep waitting" :unsure: We will never get the visa.

does AP start from the day of the interview? or when they send you the letter letting you know?

02-20-11

02-27-11

I Called and got sara. She said that "its here in Washington" and i said pendding name checks" and she said "something like that but not exactly name checks" Then i asked can you tell me how long it can be she said "I wish i cold i would be glad to have told you but i dont know, you just have to keep waitting" :unsure: We will never get the visa.

does AP start from the day of the interview? or when they send you the letter letting you know?

I never understood why anyone would get put in AP after being approved at the interview, thought they do most of the research ahead of time and if everything's in order at the interview they slap an approved stamp on it and hand it over to be printed into the passport. Not sure why or when during that process they would start digging for trouble. I was told mine was going into AP at the end of the interview, it might have been because of one of my answers but I may never know. :blush: I didn't get a "letter" though, just the refusal worksheet and consulate contact information, which hasn't gotten me anywhere.

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.