Huanyen

White paper -- what's this --aarrh

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi everyone,

We need to your help on this. Our I-864 got rejected because my 2007 income was below the poverty guideline. Then, they gave my wife the white paper and asked us to resubmit the I-864 with the I-864A.

My concern is: why did they give us the white paper? What does the white paper mean?

Would someone tell me what's with the white paper? is it bad?

I heard that white paper is bad because it means our case is denied since my AOS is not qualified

Edited by Huanyen

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/search/index.ph...;sa=Search#1260

It looks as if it is a RFE, or request for evidence. Someone else needs to weigh in on this one.

Regarding the income, you are only supposed to have to show 1 year out of the past 3 at the 125% level. One year below it shouldn't disqualify you, but.......

Edited by WideAwakeInTheUSA

Timeline

After a little more research I found that it may mean that you are in Administrative Review (A.R.).

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1882737

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1934048

It is probably form MNL IV-22 from what I have read. The thing I don't understand is there are several posts that say that their Spouses got both the pink and the white.

Timeline
on pink slip checklist it shows 2007 return. i assume they only go by the most recent. i sent 3 years, but they told my fiancée they only needed my 2007 return.

Rodney

See, I don't understand that. The guru Ellis himself told me about having to show 1 out of 3.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I sent them 3 years of tax transcripts also, but they just wanted 2007 for some reason. seems like they would want to see multiple years. guess it just depends on who your CO is.

Rodney

Timeline
After a little more research I found that it may mean that you are in Administrative Review (A.R.).

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1882737

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1934048

It is probably form MNL IV-22 from what I have read. The thing I don't understand is there are several posts that say that their Spouses got both the pink and the white.

I don't think my case is in A.R. Because the CO said our relationship is clear, but the I-864. Hopefully that our cases won't be sent back to U.S. because i'm in progress of resubmit the i864 and i864A

But what's white paper really meant?

Timeline

Does anyone the email address of US consulate in Vietnam? I'd like to send email to them to ask them to keep our case at the HCM office., but i'm not sure which is the correct email address that will reach the C.O.

thanks

Timeline

Here is a link to the U.S. consulate in Ho Chi Minh city. There is a link to contact them that will be what you are looking for.

http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/

At the bottom of the site there is a link that says contact us. Click it and it will give number and also a email.

Timeline
Hi everyone,

We need to your help on this. Our I-864 got rejected because my 2007 income was below the poverty guideline. Then, they gave my wife the white paper and asked us to resubmit the I-864 with the I-864A.

My concern is: why did they give us the white paper? What does the white paper mean?

Would someone tell me what's with the white paper? is it bad?

I heard that white paper is bad because it means our case is denied since my AOS is not qualified

I've had some sleep now. I think you need a Co Sponsor. PM PeterFB or ChuchandKim and ask them.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

From what I understand, they want last years tax return only. My fiancée went to the Migration office in HCMC to ask some questions. Maybe its different for spouse.

Does anyone know > if my income was low last year but I have a decent amount in savings... do that help? I think I'm going to contact M.E. this week.

Timeline
From what I understand, they want last years tax return only. My fiancée went to the Migration office in HCMC to ask some questions. Maybe its different for spouse.

Does anyone know > if my income was low last year but I have a decent amount in savings... do that help? I think I'm going to contact M.E. this week.

I think $5 in savings = $1, but I could be wrong.

As far as the returns it is all the same ( K-1, 3, CR/IR 1) from what I understand.

Edited by WideAwakeInTheUSA

Timeline

Hello,

It looks like the only thing that concerns the Consulate is your ability to support your wife once she immigrates.

When you file the I-864, were you aware of the fact that your Adjusted Gross Income in your 2007 tax return was not sufficient to sponsor somebody to immigrate? If you were aware of that, what steps did you take to overcome it? Did you get a co-sponsor? If this is the case, the co-sponsor must file a separate I-864 for your wife.

Did you have a household member (must stay with you at the same residence ) who would let you count his/her income to qualify? If this is the case, an I-864 A is required.

Unless you have assets (bank accounts, house etc..) that you must show in your I 864 to demonstrate your ability to financially support an immigrant, the above mentioned options (co-sponsor or household member) look like the only ways you can go to overcome this.

I wish you luck. Take care of all that sponsorship business, you'll be just fine.

Timeline

Thanks everyone. I got the below email from a staff.

========

Thank you for your inquiry. Your wife's case is denied under 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) due to your insufficient income.

For such a denial, we do not return case to NVC but keep it here to wait for your overcome documents within a year. A consular officer will review your wife's case to determine her case.

Your wife may submit the additional information either via registered mail or in person at the Consulate between 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, except holidays. She should include the OF-194 refusal sheet that she received asking for additional information.

If you have further inquiries, please do not delete your original email and please include the complete case number (HCM XXXX-XXX-XXX) in all correspondence.

Sincerely,

Info Unit Staff

Consular Section

U.S. Consulate General HCMC

Tel: (84-8) 822 9433 – ext 4636

Fax: (84-8) 824 5572

E-mail: hcmcinfo@state.gov (regarding visa issues)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.