Chelle62

cosponsor question

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi I am new to the site and am so confused here so hopefully I am putting this question in the right place and if not i apoligise now for it.

I am a US citizen, my fiance is british. How much money do I have to show in order to sponsor him. I have a daughter still at home as a dependant. I am not working right now as I am in England with him while we wait for the paperwork to finish. My job is secure and I will return back to work when I go home but it is not alot of income , I do recieve child support , will that also count as income? As far as a sponsor, can I have more then one if need be? Also does the cosponsor have to be american.. I mean could my fiances parents cosponsor , they live in england?

Any help with this would be appreciated .. ty

Chelle and Keith

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

Mar.07 1st visit to america

May 07 2nd visit to america

Aug. 07 3rd visit to america ( stayed a few months this time)

Jun 08 my 1st visit to england ( still here )

Dec 1 08 returned back to america :(

vent Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London

I-129F Sent : 2008-07-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-07-31

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-11-20

NVC Received : 2008-11-24

NVC Left : 2008-11-25

Consulate Received : 2008-11-28

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between November 13, 2008 and November 21, 2008*.

8899.gif

9057.gif

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline
Hi I am new to the site and am so confused here so hopefully I am putting this question in the right place and if not i apoligise now for it.

I am a US citizen, my fiance is british. How much money do I have to show in order to sponsor him. I have a daughter still at home as a dependant. I am not working right now as I am in England with him while we wait for the paperwork to finish. My job is secure and I will return back to work when I go home but it is not alot of income , I do recieve child support , will that also count as income? As far as a sponsor, can I have more then one if need be? Also does the cosponsor have to be american.. I mean could my fiances parents cosponsor , they live in england?

Chelle and Keith

Welcome to Visa Journey.

The Guides and Wiki (in the tabs at the top of this page) will prove to be quite helpful.

What you're looking for is the I-864P poverty guidelines...linked here:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

For a family of 3, you'll need to prove income of at least $22,000 (USD) per year.

You can supplement any income deficits with assets (for every $3 in assets you will get $1 income credit).

As for your co-sponsor, they must be within jurisdiction of the US Government.

The I-864 is a legally binding contract between the beneficiary and petitioner. There would be no way to enforce it on someone in a foreign country.

Best of luck...and when you get things started, please keep your timeline updated here...we help each other that way.

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Filed: Timeline

Chelle and Keith

You need to show 125% above the poverty line. NO you cannot have your fiance's parents be a co-sponsor. The co-sponsor needs to live in the US.

Please read the guides...

Good luck.

I am not sure how long you have been in England, but it should not matter to them whether you are working at the moment... they will be needing your last year's tax records to see how much you make, and also a letter from your employer. It seems that you still have a job to return to, so that shouldn't be a problem. As for a co-sponsor, they have to be a US citizen... could be a relative of yours.

You will be using the I134 at this stage, and (I think) the more complicated one later once you are married and your fiance his adjusting his/her status. I presume you will be back at your job then, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Hope I have my facts right and that helps...

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline
I am not sure how long you have been in England, but it should not matter to them whether you are working at the moment... they will be needing your last year's tax records to see how much you make, and also a letter from your employer. It seems that you still have a job to return to, so that shouldn't be a problem. As for a co-sponsor, they have to be a US citizen... could be a relative of yours.

You will be using the I134 at this stage, and (I think) the more complicated one later once you are married and your fiance his adjusting his/her status. I presume you will be back at your job then, so that shouldn't be a problem.

You are correct, for a K-1 Fiance Non-Immigrant Visa, they would need an I-134 which is a non-binding support affidavit.

For clarification, eventually (if they go with AOS or CR-1) they will need to meet the guidelines of the I-864.

That's why I advised to review the Guides and Wiki, but use the I-864 guidelines.

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You are correct, for a K-1 Fiance Non-Immigrant Visa, they would need an I-134 which is a non-binding support affidavit.

For clarification, eventually (if they go with AOS or CR-1) they will need to meet the guidelines of the I-864.

That's why I advised to review the Guides and Wiki, but use the I-864 guidelines.

Court ordered child support may be included in the income calculation.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Thankyou everyone for your replys. Now we have to be patient and do the waiting game. I check every day but our case is not showing any touch :( .. Hopefully soon I will at least see something LOL... anyways thanks again

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

Mar.07 1st visit to america

May 07 2nd visit to america

Aug. 07 3rd visit to america ( stayed a few months this time)

Jun 08 my 1st visit to england ( still here )

Dec 1 08 returned back to america :(

vent Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London

I-129F Sent : 2008-07-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-07-31

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-11-20

NVC Received : 2008-11-24

NVC Left : 2008-11-25

Consulate Received : 2008-11-28

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between November 13, 2008 and November 21, 2008*.

8899.gif

9057.gif

Filed: Timeline
Thankyou everyone for your replys. Now we have to be patient and do the waiting game. I check every day but our case is not showing any touch :( .. Hopefully soon I will at least see something LOL... anyways thanks again

Good luck. Just a heads up, we never received a touch before our NOA 2 while our case was at csc. I'd check constantly but our case was never "touched", so if your case isn't touched, don't worry it doesn't mean they're not working on it. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.