hnwda

Please help me about this form!!!!

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Please help me about this form, I'm applying the CR1 in China.

:crying:

1. we need to send the original thing? Do u return the original things back later? Notarial certificate of birth means just the birth, or the birth report.

2. Notarial certificate of marriage or marriage certificate?

3. can’t find the Notarial certificate of marriage certificate, do u take it already.

4. in the second page, request for the i-130 evidence, we need to send all the things by mail? Like all the photos? How heavy it is! Statement, financial record? So if we send all this things, does it mean we don’t need aninterview?

5. im a student, can I use my mom’s as an sponsorship?

6. we live with family, how can we have bills? They pay for it, but we do have the record of registering living in the same house.

7. form no.? yellow highlighted? A-Number should be printed in the back of photo?

8. why our process is so different to what I heard from other people or the cases in the internet?

post-53273-1218938222_thumb.jpg

1. we need to send the original thing? Do u return the original things back later? Notarial certificate of birth means just the birth, or the birth report.

3. can’t find the Notarial certificate of marriage certificate, do u take it already.

4. in the second page, request for the i-130 evidence, we need to send all the things by mail? Like all the photos? How heavy it is! Statement, financial record? So if we send all this things, does it mean we don’t need aninterview?

6. we live with family, how can we have bills? They pay for it, but we do have the record of registering living in the same house.

7. form no.? yellow highlighted? A-Number should be printed in the back of photo?

8. why our process is so different to what I heard from other people or the cases in the internet?

1. No just send in photocopies at this stage so do not worry about about how things will get returned.

2. Photocopy of marriage certificate.

3. You don't need a notarized copy of marriage cerficate, photocopy sufficient at this stage in the process.

3. Some people submit about 5 photos of the wedding and affidavits by family. I didn't since this is more for those who have been living together married and not in separate countries. Marriage certificate is therefore proof of that. You haven't given enough information about your circumstances.

4. You don't send financial records at this stage.

5. You may be able to use mother as sponsor if she is in the united states. Is your spouse already living in the U.S???

6. Don't stress the financial part at this stage - get the petition in. There is other proof of relationship besides bills.

7. You can't put an A# on the back of the photo if you haven't been given it. Just write full name.

8. I have no idea.....need more info....

CR-1/IR-1 Journey for Self

12th April 08 - Married in Australia

21st April 08 - Mailed off I-130 but with incorrect title on cheques

30th April 08 - USCIS returned petitions requesting correct title on cheques

2nd May 08 - Mailed out I-130s again! Finally on our way!!!

9th May 08 - NOA-1

7th Nov 08 - Tranferred to CSC

4th Dec 08 - Approved!!!

22nd Dec 08 - NVC # assigned

23rd June 09 - Case Complete at NVC (We slowed down the process on purpose to time interview accordingly)

18th August 09 - Medical

25th August 09 - Interview Date - Approved!!!

19th February 10 - POE L.A (No dramas, just SLOW)

2nd March 10 - Welcome to America Letter

1. No just send in photocopies at this stage so do not worry about about how things will get returned.

2. Photocopy of marriage certificate.

3. You don't need a notarized copy of marriage cerficate, photocopy sufficient at this stage in the process.

3. Some people submit about 5 photos of the wedding and affidavits by family. I didn't since this is more for those who have been living together married and not in separate countries. Marriage certificate is therefore proof of that. You haven't given enough information about your circumstances.

4. You don't send financial records at this stage.

5. You may be able to use mother as sponsor if she is in the united states. Is your spouse already living in the U.S???

6. Don't stress the financial part at this stage - get the petition in. There is other proof of relationship besides bills.

7. You can't put an A# on the back of the photo if you haven't been given it. Just write full name.

8. I have no idea.....need more info....

Thanks very much! can you please help me with some more questions?

1. what's this form for? in what stage now?

2. so just all the copies are fine, no need any original documents?

3. we went to the embassy to submit the petition, and show all the documents to them, why they said our documents were good but didnt take any one, and mailed this form to us to ask us to send the documents to them half a month later? it made us feel confused, why didnt they just take the documents before? seems like try to make things more complicated...

4. we lived together now and we have a lot of photos, so you mean we just need top send the photos selectively? can I just put them into a DVD and send it? I heard of many people they bring the evidence of true marriage like photos in the interview, why the embassy asked us to send them in this stage?

5. so apparently they ask for the evidence, so if we can find evidences other than bills like letters, it's also good enough? since we are students, and we dont have any bills, and we live with relatives.

thanks again!

I just realised you are probably DCF so you will deal directly with the embassy in China and not through the National Visa Centres. You will therefore need original documents for that process. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Edited by whisper2me

CR-1/IR-1 Journey for Self

12th April 08 - Married in Australia

21st April 08 - Mailed off I-130 but with incorrect title on cheques

30th April 08 - USCIS returned petitions requesting correct title on cheques

2nd May 08 - Mailed out I-130s again! Finally on our way!!!

9th May 08 - NOA-1

7th Nov 08 - Tranferred to CSC

4th Dec 08 - Approved!!!

22nd Dec 08 - NVC # assigned

23rd June 09 - Case Complete at NVC (We slowed down the process on purpose to time interview accordingly)

18th August 09 - Medical

25th August 09 - Interview Date - Approved!!!

19th February 10 - POE L.A (No dramas, just SLOW)

2nd March 10 - Welcome to America Letter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Are you filing directly with the US consulate in China (it's called direct consular filing, DCF) ?

OR

Are you filing with USCIS service centers in US?

DCF requirements are slightly different from filing with the service centers in US?

You need to provide accurate info, so people can advise you accordingly.

Leah

USCIS

03/15/08 Mailed I-130 package

07/17 I-130 package delivered to Chicago lockbox

03/26 NOA1 received (Priority date 03/24/08)

04/18 Touched

06/05 Expedite request on humanitarian ground (medical emergency)

06/16, 06/17, 06/18, 06/19, 06/20 Touched

06/28 Received RFE dated 06/23

06/30 mailed RFE express mail to CSC

07/02, 07/03 Touched

07/08 07/09 Touched. "RFE received & processing resumed"

07/11 Congress aide found out I-130 was approved on 07/09!!!

07/17 NOA2 hardcopy dated 07/09

07/21 Approval notice hardcopy dated 07/11 I-130 was approved in 116 days from filing date (expedited).

NVC

07/15 NVC received and assigned case #

07/16 Emailed expedite request & supporting documents

07/17 DS-3032 and AOS fee bill generated, Emailed DS-3032.

07/21 Received DS-3032 & AOS fee bill hardcopy.

07/24 NVC approved expedite request

US Consulate

07/31 Package arrived at US consulate

08/01 Was told to pick up packet 3 on 08/04

08/04 Req packet 3 send by mail.

08/09 Received packet 3

08/11 Returned packet 3

08/15 Picked up packet 4 & medical check up

08/28 Submitted civil docs & paid $400 IV fee. Visa Interview & approved !!!

08/29 Visa in hand

09/30 POE IR1 visa interview took 166 days from the I-130 filing date (expedited).

10/04 Applied for SSN in married name.

11/11 Welcome notice received (dated 11/04)

11/15 Received Green card.

11/21 2nd Welcome notice received (dated 11/13)

11/24 Received SS card in maiden name.

Timeline
we were filing with the US consulate in China, not in US. I'm living here with my wife.

Which consulate do you plan to file ? Beijing or GZ?

I believe you can file at either one, but only GZ process immigrant visa and conduct the visa interview.

DCF in many other countries usually require the petitioner and beneficiary appear in person with all the original documents and copies for the initial filing of I-130. You may need to find out whether it's the same for China.

You may find some useful info here:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/cr...and_cr2/ir2.htm

Leah

USCIS

04/18 Touched

07/02, 07/03 Touched

07/21 Approval notice hardcopy dated 07/11 I-130 was approved in 116 days from filing date (expedited).

NVC

US Consulate

08/09 Received packet 3

08/11 Returned packet 3

08/29 Visa in hand

09/30 POE IR1 visa interview took 166 days from the I-130 filing date (expedited).

Timeline

You were not clear and I didn't realize you have already filed I-130 and is asking about the RFE (request for evidences) from the GZ consulate.

No 9 is asking for a bunch of evidences for proof of bona fide marriage. You must try to gather whatever they have listed.

Leah

USCIS

04/18 Touched

07/02, 07/03 Touched

NVC

US Consulate

08/09 Received packet 3

08/11 Returned packet 3

08/29 Visa in hand

Thanks so much Leah. SO you mean REF is also regular case? I asked a lot of peopole they said they were not asked to submit those documents in this stage only in interview. So if possible do u know why our case varies like this?

another question is that since we are all students and living with reletives, we dont have any bill showing the joining records, so as my tax records, my mom (in US) will be my wife's sponsor, but in the form, they dont ask something like I-864, can we print it by ourselves and explain a letter as an attachment?

in addition, since so many photos and vidoes, can we put them into dvd and send it? does the GZ consulate accept dvd form?

last but the most importantly! the documents the asked in the first page, we need to send the original ones, right? but notorial of birth certificate or notorial of birth, notorial of marriage or notorial of marriage certificate? the notorial place told us to make these four different notorial cetificates and said the consulate may ask for them, so we are sure which one the consulate is asking now?

sorry to bring you so many questions, I really hope you wont be bothered so much...thanks very much again!

Timeline
Thanks so much Leah. SO you mean REF is also regular case? I asked a lot of peopole they said they were not asked to submit those documents in this stage only in interview. So if possible do u know why our case varies like this?

another question is that since we are all students and living with reletives, we dont have any bill showing the joining records, so as my tax records, my mom (in US) will be my wife's sponsor, but in the form, they dont ask something like I-864, can we print it by ourselves and explain a letter as an attachment?

in addition, since so many photos and vidoes, can we put them into dvd and send it? does the GZ consulate accept dvd form?

last but the most importantly! the documents the asked in the first page, we need to send the original ones, right? but notorial of birth certificate or notorial of birth, notorial of marriage or notorial of marriage certificate? the notorial place told us to make these four different notorial cetificates and said the consulate may ask for them, so we are sure which one the consulate is asking now?

Yes, return the original letter with the evidences requested. But, always make a copy of it before you mail the original.

I think a notorial copy mean a copy from the issuing authority, not just a normal xerox copy. You need to get them from the authority who issuing them.

sorry to bring you so many questions, I really hope you wont be bothered so much...thanks very much again!

No 9 is a request for further evidences (RFE) to proof bona fide of marriage.

The financial documents requested are to show co-mingling of financial resources; it has nothing to do with affidavit of support (AOS) at this stage.

Birth certificate of a child born to both of you is also part the evidences.

So, you want to collect as many evidences as possible, if you don't have tenancy agreement, you get other documents.

These are some of the evidences you can use:

1) cards, letters with the envelops addressed to both of you at the house you live together.

2) Photographs that show both spouses together, and with family and friends. These can be at the wedding, at other functions or events, and throughout their relationship.

3) Copies of joint income tax returns.

4) Evidence of joint checking or savings accounts

5) Photo identifications of both spouses with a new card for the wife showing her married name

6) Drivers licenses, credit cards, check-cashing cards, employment I.D. cards, video club memberships, etc. for both parties.

7).Letter from an employer showing a change in records to reflect spouse’s new marital status. Letter from an employer showing designation of the spouse as the person to be notified in event of accident, sickness, or other emergency.

8) Evidence of life insurance policies where the spouse is shown as a beneficiary.

9) Evidence of medical or health insurance plans that name the spouse as a member or beneficiary.

10)Copies of gas, electric, telephone and other utility bills.

11) Evidence of vacations taken together, including the airline tickets, photos, and hotel bills

12). Evidence of all major purchases made together, such as stereo, television, refrigerator, washer

Consider your unique circumstances and Stretch your imagination a bit, I am sure you can come out with more evidences to show that you are a genuine couple, yes, annoying, but the burden of proof is on you, you need to prove to USCIS you are not a sham marriage.

Leah

USCIS

04/18 Touched

07/02, 07/03 Touched

NVC

US Consulate

08/09 Received packet 3

08/11 Returned packet 3

08/29 Visa in hand

Not sure whether you have read the Guide section. In the beginning, both my husband and I are clueless about what are we going to do, but the guide section helped us a lot.

And also browsing previous forums can be helpful too.

Good luck! (F)

03/21/06- Met online

10/13/06- Met in person (Los Angeles USA) (three weeks)

12/20/06- Met in person (Kuala Lumpur Malaysia) (three weeks)

02/13/07- Met in person (Nagoya Japan) (two days)

06/21/07- Met in person (Portland Oregon (via PDX), USA) (three weeks)

11/30/07- Met in person (Portland Oregon (via LAX), USA) (six weeks)

12/12/07- Got married (In a Light House!!!)

01/18/08- I-130 sent

01/21/08- I-130 received at Chicago Lock Box

02/15/08- Check cashed

02/26/08- NOA1 received (Notice date: 2/12/2008)

02/19/08- Touched

04/23/08- Met in person (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) (one week)

04/30/08- Here I am in USA!!!!

05/19/08- I-130 approved!

05/27/08- NVC received our application and case number assigned

06/02/08- DS-3032 sent & AOS Bill Generated

06/05/08- Paid AOS Bill online

06/16/08- DS-3032 email accepted by NVC

08/28/08- Case completed!

10/21/08- Interview date (Rescheduled by US Embassy- Original date 10/28)-PASSED!!!

10/22/08- Visa in hand!

10/31/08- POE- Seattle, WA

11/12/08- Received SSN in mail!

11/20/08- Got my WA driving license!

I-751

08/03/10- I-751 sent

08/09/10- NOA

08/24/10- Biometrics

10/28/10- Case approved

.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I have filed here for my wife is in China. It looks like you are doing a DCF. Everything you have in Chinese must be translated in to english and notorized.

I married my love on 12/24/07

I filed for the I 130 on 1/23/08

Receipt number recevied 2/13/08

Paperwork sent to Guangzhou on 1/23/09

Interview 5/21/09 PASSED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visa 5/23/09

POE 6/2/09

Home 6/3/09

FILED I-751

SENT PAPERWORK 3/8/11

NOA-1 3/10/11

BIOMETERICS 4/29/11

WAITING APPROVAL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.