Morning Sunshine

How come some people are getting approved so fast?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Ok, I am already losing my mind.....but can I please have some one shed any light on the following questions:

How in the world are some people getting approved in CSC under two months and there are people at VSC (which have not made any mistakes or received RFE) are still sitting on the "waiting list"? Is it something to do with the way people look on their pictures? Is it if they think one couple matches each other better than the rest? or Are they just randomly selecting people and whoever they pull from the file cabinet gets to see if they can be approved that day? or Is it just "plain out old fashioned luck"???????????? I am very confused here! Happy for the "winners" aka the "approved people" but I am sitting here wondering if I will "get lucky" or "get unlucky"!

Help me! Please! :wacko:

Samir

Edited by ~Dream Love~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I think it has to do with the natural increase & decrease in applications. The service centers process all different types of visas, not just the K-1, and spousal visas. Over the last two years, I've noticed that CSC slows down considerably around January at the same time people zip through VSC some in less than 1 month. Through out the year one may be faster than the other, but overall I think the average out to being about the same.

Cases are processed roughly in the order in which they are received. Of course if you get an RFE, they don't hold up the people who applied after you until you respond. There are a few countries that receive quicker processing, because it's law/USCIS policy. I think Cuba is one and there may be 1 or 2 other countries.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Samir,

I understand your frustration for this. But it is nothing to do with anything you mention up. The way people are selected for the CSC and VSC is the states they live in. It is given in the instruction form. The difference in the timline of approval between 2 center is happen to be a recent thing. It is a a matter of amount of people applied at that center and the backlog of work they have. This has nothing to with luck.

Due to this descrepency they have recently transferred people applications which were pending for 6 months or so to CSC from VSC. I believe that will slow down the happy ride of people that have been applying recently to CSC. I hope not this is true. Anyway good luck with your process.

Shoaib

Naturalization
CIS Office : Seattle
Date Filed : 2012-05-14
Bio. Appt. : 2012-07-09
Interview Date : 2012-09-24
Approved :2012-09-24

Removal of Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Office
Date Filed : 2011-02-14
Date received: 2011-02-16
NOA Date : 2011-02-16
Bio. Appt. : 2011-03-16
Interview Date : None
Approved :2011-04-22

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Missouri Service Office
Date Filed : 2008-12-16
Date received: 2008-12-18

NOA Date : 2008-12-23
Bio. Appt. : 2009-01-16
Interview Date : 2009-04-14
Approved :2009-04-14
K-3 Visa
Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Chennai, India
Marriage : 2008-07-08
I-130 Sent : 2008-07-31
I-130 NOA1 : 2008-08-06
I-129F Sent : 2008-08-09
I-129F NOA1 : 2008-08-11
I-129F NOA2 : 2008-09-26
NVC Received : 2008-10-02
NVC Left : 2008-10-06
Consulate Received : 2008-10-10
Interview Date : 2008-11-21
Visa Received : 2008-12-03
US Entry : 2008-12-04
I-130 Approval : 2008-09-26

US entry after 150 days from our wedding date

Ok, thank you everyone!

Samir,

I understand your frustration for this. But it is nothing to do with anything you mention up. The way people are selected for the CSC and VSC is the states they live in. It is given in the instruction form. The difference in the timline of approval between 2 center is happen to be a recent thing. It is a a matter of amount of people applied at that center and the backlog of work they have. This has nothing to with luck.

Due to this descrepency they have recently transferred people applications which were pending for 6 months or so to CSC from VSC. I believe that will slow down the happy ride of people that have been applying recently to CSC. I hope not this is true. Anyway good luck with your process.

Shoaib

Ok, I am already losing my mind.....but can I please have some one shed any light on the following questions:

How in the world are some people getting approved in CSC under two months and there are people at VSC (which have not made any mistakes or received RFE) are still sitting on the "waiting list"? Is it something to do with the way people look on their pictures? Is it if they think one couple matches each other better than the rest? or Are they just randomly selecting people and whoever they pull from the file cabinet gets to see if they can be approved that day? or Is it just "plain out old fashioned luck"???????????? I am very confused here! Happy for the "winners" aka the "approved people" but I am sitting here wondering if I will "get lucky" or "get unlucky"!

Samir

Samir,

I know how u feel. When I left my husband after one month after our marriage, we were going insane. It's depressing. You get frustrated with this stupid process...N yes, u hate that ppl getting approvals before u.... n u feel like moving to california....lol.... but in time u will learn to deal with it...

The proccess has to do with luck and where ur application is being processed. Service centers received double the applications in June 08 because of the fee increase in July08. And I think VSC received more of these applications, OR/AND they don't have enough employees to process those application! However, earlier this month, we've seen quite few VJ members who applied in Oct/nov/ Dec getting transfered to CSC, and some of them even got APPROVALS already! and we've also seen 4-5 approvals at VSC earlier last week.. so things are looking up!

Also, they were/are processing the workers visa and naturalization... that had the highest priority. When I called VSC back in May/June, they had told me only 1 or 2 employees are working on immigrant visa, rest are working on workers visa. I am not sure if thats the case now....But as I said quite a few Jan/ feb filers from VSC this month. Hopely, they keep on going at this pace and we will be approved in a long time.

Good luck and inshallah we will get our approval soon! :thumbs:

Edited by khaleda

2/20/2008 Sent I-130 to Chicago Location

2/21/2008 INS received the package (Express Mail)

2/28/2008 Check cashed by NVC

3/3/2008 I130- Received hard copy of NOA1 dated 2/27/08

NVC

9/16/2008 Received by NVC and assigned case #

9/17/2008 Emailed DS3032

9/19/2008 NVC generated DS3032 and AOS

9/22/2008 Mailed DS3032 (overnight)

9/23/2008 DS3032 Delivered to NVC accepted by R. Austin

9/24/2008 Received IIN# by a really cranky rep who didn't had her coffee yet....

9/24/2008 DS3032 accepted

9/24/2008 IV Bill Generated

9/24/2008 Paid AOS & IV online

9/25/2008 AOS marked "Paid"

9/25/2008 Mailed AOS Package (overnight)

9/26/2008 IV marked "Paid"

9/27/2008 IV Mailed

10/2/2008 NVC completed AOS package and IV package entered and being reviewed..

10/7/2008 Case Complete!! (21 Days...not bad!)

10/18/2008 Interview letter received

10/23/2008 1st Medical Exam

10/24/2008 Medical passed!!!!

11/02/2008 Picking up medical report

11/17/2008 Interview!!!!

11/17/2008 Picked up the VISA!!!

12/25/2008 Port of Entry!!!!

01/15/2009 Received Green Card

Removing Condition

10/02/2010 Mailed I751

10/08/2010 NOA1

10/25/2010 Received Biometic Letter

11/18/2010 Biometic Appointment

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

Samir

As others have said, your service center is selected based on the state the petitioner lives in.

There was a time when VSC was processing faster than CSC, and the differences in speed will probably continue until they have a nearly paperless/automated process.

I could see where the question of countries could have a small effect. I mean, if the country has a strong economy and a favorable relationship with the US (like Canada)

they might go through easier than a country that has a struggling economy and poor relationship with the US (like Cuba). But we're all really just guessing.

You've just started your journey, but I noticed that your wedding anniversary is coming up in 3 months. That says you could potentially have made your application 9 months ago. Likewise, our anniversary is coming up in less than 2 months. We were "banking" on doing our application at the Consulate and having it processed directly within one week. Well, we got there and found out that it wasn't possible because the petitioner has to be a legal resident in the foreign country for at least

6 months. That meant that we wasted time and money. Money can be replaced, time can't. It was very frustrating knowing that if we had done our own research

instead of depending on hearsay (or if we had joined Visa Journey sooner) we could possibly be done by now (or not).

But just knowing that WE didn't do everything we could do to make the process as efficient and expeditious as possible, gives us great frustration and great shame.

I think you may be feeling the same frustration, and I know first-hand that kind of frustration can make you very angry. Not only is the US government

blocking you from being with your spouse, but an action you didn't take is also making the process longer.

My advice is to accept the things you can't change, work on preparing for the next stages, and make sure you don't blame yourself or your spouse (or anyone else) for whatever timeframe occurs.

At the end of the day, this process is similar to your birth and race. That is, it's random. Just as you should not be more proud or more ashamed of your race,

you should not be more proud or ashamed of your position in the visa process. Personally, even though I'm happy that we've been approved, I feel sad

that we are ahead of many that have been waiting longer. I don't feel that we are any more or any less entitled to a visa. I feel that no matter where we were born,

no matter what name we use for God, no matter how attractive or unattractive, no matter how tall or short, no matter how thin or fat, we are all the same.

We are all pink on the inside. We all have hearts. We all bleed when you cut us. We all want to be united with our spouses....and we all equally deserve timely consideration of our visa applications.

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I think it has to do with the natural increase & decrease in applications. The service centers process all different types of visas, not just the K-1, and spousal visas. Over the last two years, I've noticed that CSC slows down considerably around January at the same time people zip through VSC some in less than 1 month. Through out the year one may be faster than the other, but overall I think the average out to being about the same.

Cases are processed roughly in the order in which they are received. Of course if you get an RFE, they don't hold up the people who applied after you until you respond. There are a few countries that receive quicker processing, because it's law/USCIS policy. I think Cuba is one and there may be 1 or 2 other countries.

Hi Reeses16, I agree with you 100%, but I strongly disagree with you on your statement where you said "Cases are processed roughly in the order in which they are received." You may have kept your eye on it for nearly two years, but I know for fact that they absolutely don't. Even a representative and local USCIS officer told me ..get this: "Vermont is more like a warehouse where all the files are in a stack. Normally they say they process it in the order in which it was received, but it's the fact that they just take the top one from their stack." So there you have it--hard and cold fact.

Edited by DesiMan

Hi Reeses16, I agree with you 100%, but I strongly disagree with you on your statement where you said "Cases are processed roughly in the order in which they are received." You may have kept your eye on it for nearly two years, but I know for fact that they absolutely don't. Even a representative and local USCIS officer told me ..get this: "Vermont is more like a warehouse where all the files are in a stack. Normally they say they process it in the order in which it was received, but it's the fact that they just take the top one from their stack." So there you have it--hard and cold fact.

even the uscis director admitted that sometimes boxes arrive and are piled on top of the old boxes which means they work on those petitions that are on top. so theres no truth to the first in first out policy.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wouldn't it be nice if we lived in a perfect world, where fair, is fair? Face it, fair isn't fair, unless it seems fair to you.

I teach my children, that there isn't any such thing as fair. You just have to do your best to make it that way, and roll with the punches.

Personally, I think the world would be pretty boring if everything was always fair!

But considering the topic, I understand the frustration. All I can add is that things will happen. It takes time, and it's always more time than we want it to be, even to those others that got approvals first!.

Look at me, it's one day over a week, and I want at least the delivery receipt for an I-130 to the USCIS for my stepdaughter! I want it now! And the NOA1...

Cheers...

How in the world are some people getting approved in CSC under two months and there are people at VSC (which have not made any mistakes or received RFE) are still sitting on the "waiting list"? Is it something to do with the way people look on their pictures? Is it if they think one couple matches each other better than the rest? or Are they just randomly selecting people and whoever they pull from the file cabinet gets to see if they can be approved that day? or Is it just "plain out old fashioned luck"????????????

USCIS obviously hates you. It's a conspiracy. Wear an Aluminum Foil hat and underpants so they can't read your thoughts. The walls have ears. Sometimes eyes. Haven't seen any wall-noses....yet.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

its a case to case basis..my K3 process was blessed..im one of those lucky people who didnt had any problems with my visa even on the interview..i guess its just luck and prayers...goodluck! God bless!! :star:

Love is an unexpected thing...and when it arrives grab it with all ur heart....it may pass u jsut once.......

1_217966694l.jpg

11.20.07 : mailed I130

01.23.08 : NOA1

04.21.08 : mailed I129F

04.22.08 : NOA1

05.14.08 : NOA2 both for I 130 and I 129F

06.26.08 : medical exam 2nd day PASSED!!

07.09.08 : interview day! PASSED! PINK SLIP!

07.15.08 : visa on hand!!!

08.01.08 : POE SFO (home with my papi!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
How in the world are some people getting approved in CSC under two months and there are people at VSC (which have not made any mistakes or received RFE) are still sitting on the "waiting list"? Is it something to do with the way people look on their pictures? Is it if they think one couple matches each other better than the rest? or Are they just randomly selecting people and whoever they pull from the file cabinet gets to see if they can be approved that day? or Is it just "plain out old fashioned luck"????????????

USCIS obviously hates you. It's a conspiracy. Wear an Aluminum Foil hat and underpants so they can't read your thoughts. The walls have ears. Sometimes eyes. Haven't seen any wall-noses....yet.

:lol: Oh hell yes! :thumbs:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

We're not angry about the fast approvals we just wat to be one of them and we were listenin to others and that is why we applied late. The lawyer said to hold of due to the sponsor issues. *Sigh* Anyway, congrats and I feel your posting....

Samir

As others have said, your service center is selected based on the state the petitioner lives in.

There was a time when VSC was processing faster than CSC, and the differences in speed will probably continue until they have a nearly paperless/automated process.

I could see where the question of countries could have a small effect. I mean, if the country has a strong economy and a favorable relationship with the US (like Canada)

they might go through easier than a country that has a struggling economy and poor relationship with the US (like Cuba). But we're all really just guessing.

You've just started your journey, but I noticed that your wedding anniversary is coming up in 3 months. That says you could potentially have made your application 9 months ago. Likewise, our anniversary is coming up in less than 2 months. We were "banking" on doing our application at the Consulate and having it processed directly within one week. Well, we got there and found out that it wasn't possible because the petitioner has to be a legal resident in the foreign country for at least

6 months. That meant that we wasted time and money. Money can be replaced, time can't. It was very frustrating knowing that if we had done our own research

instead of depending on hearsay (or if we had joined Visa Journey sooner) we could possibly be done by now (or not).

But just knowing that WE didn't do everything we could do to make the process as efficient and expeditious as possible, gives us great frustration and great shame.

I think you may be feeling the same frustration, and I know first-hand that kind of frustration can make you very angry. Not only is the US government

blocking you from being with your spouse, but an action you didn't take is also making the process longer.

My advice is to accept the things you can't change, work on preparing for the next stages, and make sure you don't blame yourself or your spouse (or anyone else) for whatever timeframe occurs.

At the end of the day, this process is similar to your birth and race. That is, it's random. Just as you should not be more proud or more ashamed of your race,

you should not be more proud or ashamed of your position in the visa process. Personally, even though I'm happy that we've been approved, I feel sad

that we are ahead of many that have been waiting longer. I don't feel that we are any more or any less entitled to a visa. I feel that no matter where we were born,

no matter what name we use for God, no matter how attractive or unattractive, no matter how tall or short, no matter how thin or fat, we are all the same.

We are all pink on the inside. We all have hearts. We all bleed when you cut us. We all want to be united with our spouses....and we all equally deserve timely consideration of our visa applications.

If you can't say something nice then do not comment at all and for your brick wall comment you sent to me that was ridiculous.

I agree with you, there were some unnecessary rude comments made to you which could have been not said in the first place! I'll be keeping an eye on this post because I also notice some people are being approved that filed the same time I did, and we have heard nothing! No fair!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.