yankeesgirl79

medical exam question.....

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone! I am new to this website but have looked thru it alot and finally figured out how to post a question.....my blonde roots def show sometimes :)

anyways..........me and my fiance are going thru the k-1 visa process and we are awaiting kingston to send him his forms so we can get sent back and then wait on the interview letter......my question is he already went and had his medical done (i was being pushy and told him he was supposed to do this right away - cause our lawyer said the time was approaching for an interview date to be set - and he argued with me and told me he was supposed to wait but i kept pushing so he went and had it done......well after finding this website and reading thru it i realize that i was wrong and he was supposed to wait til he received the letter from the embassy and that there are only 3 places he can go to have this done......now our lawyer and him feel the need to remind me that i dont know it all and tease me daily) ok so i get off track a bit and go on tangents.......can he bring his medical records and results with him to the medical exam he is supposed to go for AFTER receiving his interview letter with a date? he had his shots and everything done last month and was cleared thru a doctor in Ochi.....i hope they will be able to just sign off on it and i didnt screw up our progress so far.........

i hope what i typed makes sense as i mentioned before i get distracted and go off in totally different directions......THANKS!

and i enjoyed reading peoples stories and experiences on here....some even made me want to cry......god bless all of you going thru or have gone thru this process......it can be a bit overwhelming at times......

~ 11/06/08 K-1 visa was denied and a 2 year ban placed on our file

~ 02/09/10 married my best friend

28152.png

jamaicajune20090001a.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Welcome to VJ. :)

Was the doctor that your fiance went to a designated civil surgeon, and did he give your fiance a sealed envelope with the results? If not, my guess is that he'll probably have to have the whole exam done again, but you could call the civil surgeon in your area to find out.

K-1, AOS, ROC
2007, 2009, 2011

Naturalization

2016-05-17 - N-400 package sent

2016-05-21 - NOA1 (IOE receipt number)

2016-06-15 - Biometrics

2016-11-08 - Citizenship interview in Detroit: approved
2016-12-16 - Oath ceremony

Timeline
Welcome to VJ. :)

Was the doctor that your fiance went to a designated civil surgeon, and did he give your fiance a sealed envelope with the results? If not, my guess is that he'll probably have to have the whole exam done again, but you could call the civil surgeon in your area to find out.

Yes the envelope is sealed and when I asked him to check the date that he had it done he informed me that he cannot open it up becasue of the seal and the doctor told him to not open it as well. But the doctor he went to was not 1 of the 3 listed on the embassy website. He also had a chest x-ray done but I am wondering if that was necessary to have completed as I have not read anything about anyone having a chest x-ray done. ughhhhhhhhhhh

28152.png

jamaicajune20090001a.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't think this is going to screw up your progress other than by probably costing you more money.

My guess (and it's just a guess) is that the designated civil surgeon in your area may be able to use the chest X-ray and lab results (and perhaps will reduce the price of medical exam because your fiance already has those), but he'll probably have to do the physical exam again himself. You'll have to call him to find out, though.

Let us know how it goes. :)

K-1, AOS, ROC
2007, 2009, 2011

Naturalization

2016-05-17 - N-400 package sent

2016-05-21 - NOA1 (IOE receipt number)

2016-06-15 - Biometrics

2016-11-08 - Citizenship interview in Detroit: approved
2016-12-16 - Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

He won't need to repeat the vaccinations if he has a record of what he's had done, and they may (may!) take his x-ray, but he'll still need a proper medical exam by one of the named doctors and likely will need to pay the full fee anyway too.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi everyone! I am new to this website but have looked thru it alot and finally figured out how to post a question.....my blonde roots def show sometimes :)

anyways..........me and my fiance are going thru the k-1 visa process and we are awaiting kingston to send him his forms so we can get sent back and then wait on the interview letter......my question is he already went and had his medical done (i was being pushy and told him he was supposed to do this right away - cause our lawyer said the time was approaching for an interview date to be set - and he argued with me and told me he was supposed to wait but i kept pushing so he went and had it done......well after finding this website and reading thru it i realize that i was wrong and he was supposed to wait til he received the letter from the embassy and that there are only 3 places he can go to have this done......now our lawyer and him feel the need to remind me that i dont know it all and tease me daily) ok so i get off track a bit and go on tangents.......can he bring his medical records and results with him to the medical exam he is supposed to go for AFTER receiving his interview letter with a date? he had his shots and everything done last month and was cleared thru a doctor in Ochi.....i hope they will be able to just sign off on it and i didnt screw up our progress so far.........

i hope what i typed makes sense as i mentioned before i get distracted and go off in totally different directions......THANKS!

and i enjoyed reading peoples stories and experiences on here....some even made me want to cry......god bless all of you going thru or have gone thru this process......it can be a bit overwhelming at times......

Well, my first advice is dump the lawyer if you can. But he probably got his money up front before you realized lawyers are useless in these cases. As soon as you have your case number for the consulate you can get the correct medical exam. You will get the case number from the NVC when they send the case to the consulate. You can download packet 3 and 4 from the consulate, no need to wait on them (or your attorney) for anything. My fiancee had her medical exam a month before the interview, but it must be at a designated clinic. He wasted his time and money (but he got a check up). My fiancee never received packet 3 or 4 and we didn;t wait. We had our intervuew date the day after the case arrived in Kiev because we had everything ready 2 months in advance because we did it ourselves and weren't slowed down by an attorney.

Gary

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

welcome,

no u can only use the 3 docs, u have to wait for medical history form from the embassy, it states that ur medical can be up to 2wks prior to interview..so u have to know ur date before doing it. i guess the only good thing is that he will be up to date with his shots

what was the name of the doc u went and how much did u pay?

that lawyer was wrong in not convincing u not to do that medical..waste of money

feel free to visit us in the yardie thread..here's a link

YARDIE THREAD

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Yankeegirl; the medical needs to be done at one of the designated civil surgeons listed on the embassy website. You will not be able to complete the medical until you have the interview letter in your hand because it will need to be presented at the doctors office. They will not do the medical without it even if you have your case number and all the forms completed.

You don't have to wait for the forms from the embassy. You can download all the forms from the embassy website and complete them in advance so that when they are requested you have them all ready. If you read the K-1 guides here you will see all the forms needed. When your case is forwarded to the embassy you can email them and request a date to drop off the DS-230 to speed up the process a little.

I think you will need his original birth cert (long form); non-impediment form; police cert; DS-156, DS-157 and the visa fee of $131 plus whatever taxes to be paid in advance at paymaster.

Like Kimmie said earlier, you can visit the yardie thread and get more info becaue there are a couple of ladies there who are going through and have recently gone through this process. The info provided there is country specific, so you have to be careful. Each embassy has their own requirements and rules.

Good luck with the rest of the process and may you soon be reuinted with your loved one :thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Well, my first advice is dump the lawyer if you can. But he probably got his money up front before you realized lawyers are useless in these cases. As soon as you have your case number for the consulate you can get the correct medical exam. You will get the case number from the NVC when they send the case to the consulate. You can download packet 3 and 4 from the consulate, no need to wait on them (or your attorney) for anything. My fiancee had her medical exam a month before the interview, but it must be at a designated clinic. He wasted his time and money (but he got a check up). My fiancee never received packet 3 or 4 and we didn;t wait. We had our intervuew date the day after the case arrived in Kiev because we had everything ready 2 months in advance because we did it ourselves and weren't slowed down by an attorney.

Gary

Not necessarily true for all consulates. The medical in Jamaica can only be done after you have the interview letter in hand. When you call to schedule the medical, that is the first thing they ask, if you have the date and the letter confirming such. They will not let you into the doctor's office unless you have that letter. :no:

Edited by clairern

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

well as for the medical that he already went and had done.....that was totally my fault and i pushed him to do it......the lawyer didnt tell us it was time for that yet.....just me being anxious and pushy telling him to go do it.....so this i admit is 100% my fault.......but once he gets the letter from the embassy with an interview date he will be going again to one of the designated places.......and all our forms are filled out and i am going to send in the mail today to him to forward on to the embassy after he signs them all.......i know some people have said lawyer is waste of time and money but i am thankful we have one cause there is no way i would have gotten it all 100% correct on my own.....plus she lights a fire under my ### at times and has helped me to be on the ball with everything.....i have developed a great relationship with her and she totally takes the time with me when i need her to stop and drop everything for our case questions that i have had throughout this process.......once Richard is here with me she will do all other filings for us free of charge.....work authorization, AOS, etc......and we have run into a few hiccups along the way as well with having children smack dab in the middle of everything.......we actually started everything last year in november and then had to redo everything once i found out i was prego and include those plans in our affidavit, etc.......ended up needing a co-sponsor blah blah blah.....so for me a lawyer was the best thing and so far dont regret hiring one......can i email the embassy for request of the other forms mentioned above (DS-230)? or does he have to be the one to email them??? he doesnt have internet or email so i would have to do it if its possible......thanks to everyone for all their answers and advice......

28152.png

jamaicajune20090001a.jpg

Timeline

ok ur lawyer will file the AOS for free but u know u still have to pay the fee? It's not that hard..make sure u gather all ur evidence for when AOS rolls around.. u can get those forms online..just print them

Edited by Hotlegz

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Make sure you call and set up that medical as soon as he gets the letter from the embassy. Appointments are at a premium sometimes.

My guess is he will have to have everything redone except for the shots.

Good luck to you.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.