jimmynuetron

Visa mailings from Bogota

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

This question is geared towards any that had an interview in Bogota. We would like for my wife to fly direct from Bogota to Florida. As it is right now with the new mailing the visa thing and no longer able to pick it up, do you think we would be able to have it mailed locally in Bogota so she doesnt have to go all the way back to Medellin?

Not very many replies from the Colombian people lately. Maybe my questions are out of the norm. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Met in Medellin Colombia October 06

Was in Medellin 1 week every month for the the year

Married June 28th 07 Wedding in Bello ( applied for residence in Colombia, granted temporal residencia for 2 years.)

07/07/07 Sent i-130

07/17/07 NOA1

03/24/08 Touched

03/24/08 Called

04/17/08 Touched

04/23/08 Called again

05/14/08 Approved Email notification

08/14/07 I129f sent

09/20/07 NOA1

05/14/08 Approved Email notification

04/24/08 Touched

Need the i129 approval

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

We are planning on having the delivery service deliver the visa to the apartment we will be renting during the interview process and leave from Bogota to Miami. They do not have to deliver it to her hometown, but you do need to have the address of where you are staying, stay put until they deliver it, and the charges are less because it is in Bogota, not Medelin. So yes, what you are planning will work, just don't be out messing around while waiting, if your not there to sign for it,,,, you will be in a mess trying to get it delivered again... Good Luck!!

This question is geared towards any that had an interview in Bogota. We would like for my wife to fly direct from Bogota to Florida. As it is right now with the new mailing the visa thing and no longer able to pick it up, do you think we would be able to have it mailed locally in Bogota so she doesnt have to go all the way back to Medellin?

Not very many replies from the Colombian people lately. Maybe my questions are out of the norm. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thank you

jimmynuetron,

Sorry not to answer your question... I really do not know... I wanted to ask you something to see if you know...

Do I have to translate the beneficiary birth certificateand the police record?

thank you and sorry again for not being able to answer your question...

kelvin

INTERVIEW

02-17-09 Received Interview Letter

03-16-09 Medical and Laboratory Exam

03-17-09 Interview Date

03-17-09 VISA APPROVED

03-24-09 VISA RECEIVED

03-26-09 ARRIVED TO (POE) ORLANDO, FLORIDA

04-10-09 Received Welcome Letter (USCIS)

04-16-09 Received Green Card

05-12-09 Received SSN

05-12-09 Applied for License

05-20-09 Received License

I-751

12-23-2010 Sent I-751 Package to Vermont

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thank you

I think most K1/K3 visa people from the Colombian Club do not come to VJ as often as they used to, now that they're done with their visas.

Your wife can give DOMESA the address where she's staying at in Bogotá and they will deliver her visa within 2-3 business days. She can then fly out of El Dorado to Florida without having to go back to Medellín.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
jimmynuetron,

Sorry not to answer your question... I really do not know... I wanted to ask you something to see if you know...

Do I have to translate the beneficiary birth certificateand the police record?

thank you and sorry again for not being able to answer your question...

kelvin

Kelvin,

Since you're filing for a CR1 visa, you do not have to translate any documents you'll have to send the NVC, this includes the birth certificate and police certificate. Up until last year you did have to do it, but not anymore.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.