Beauty for Ashes

Thanks Lioness, Allousa , Kelly and Lost in New York and staachi and S And S

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Just a quick word of thanks for everyone who helped me. I am 3 weeks from today or tomorrow for being induced and without you guys, I dont know what would have happened. I did not have any baby supplies and barely any clothes for the baby and thanks to you guys I have a ton of onsies, a bottle steriliser.. Lost in New York got me a bouncer and some diapers and wipes and sheets and s and s gave me some fancy bottles and pretty blankets.. I am sorry if I leaving things out . I just wanted to say how much I really needed everything and appreciated everything. No one in my family came through ( alot of that has to do with their anger over the whole situation which unfortunately they are taking out out on me. I have a test tomorrow and then an impt doctors appt friday where they will size the baby so pretty soon Ill know the exact induction date which is supposed to be the 2 3 4th of September but I wont know till much closer.

Thanks for everything. Its been a weird journey and I am so glad I had people there for me. I have always been a person there for others and I felt like I had a whole group of people pulling for me. You have NO IDEA what a relief it is to know I have diapers to make it through the first month and onsies and things. I was really scared. Really really scared.

I have no idea if I am staying in this relationship. I do know that I am working hard to keep things good in my house and keep things stable but its been a long hard road to get even where I am now. My older boy starts school on Monday and I have alot to think about.. and I am frightened honestly about just about everything.. I wish my husband would take a job... just any job until his october job starts but I am getting so much resistance to just about everything I suggest. I cant take anything else on me at this point. I have 3 weeks left till the baby is here.. I have to take care of myself

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

you really are HANGING IN THERE. I know you feel overwhelmed right now but you know as soon as you hold your healthy baby you will start to see the bright side. Dont feel like you need to have all the answers right now, just take it as it comes and let people help you and at some point things will be clearer! As soon as I can I will sort through my stuff for some non-pink flowery things and get something out to you, might be a couple of weeks still before I get it done. Just keep hanging in there and take care of yourself, baby and kids :)

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

you really are HANGING IN THERE. I know you feel overwhelmed right now but you know as soon as you hold your healthy baby you will start to see the bright side. Dont feel like you need to have all the answers right now, just take it as it comes and let people help you and at some point things will be clearer! As soon as I can I will sort through my stuff for some non-pink flowery things and get something out to you, might be a couple of weeks still before I get it done. Just keep hanging in there and take care of yourself, baby and kids :)

I am EXTREMELY grateful for health and stuff like that TRUST ME. The issue I take is that he has been able to work since July ( the beginning) and refused to apply for anything until very recently. I have taken the brunt of everything on me, resulting in extremely high gas bills ( driving him all around while he refused to take the bus or even try), his absolute refusal to even apply for a job, what I perceive as really bad behavior( breaking things, chatting with others, constantly complaining about how bad life is here and hard life is here when he has done NOTHING to improve his situation. His absolute refusal to go with me to the OB. What I perceive is his only intention coming here was to get a job to make money to benefit himself. I told him very recently that being married to a woman his age or a little older or younger was a mistake. If he wanted a sugar mommy, he should have stalked a european or much older American or Canadian that had a super good job and basically told her , hey I dont wanna work and I will be your boy toy. Which believe it or not, there are 60 year old women in France doing that with 20 and 30 year old North Africans. But if you wanna play with women your age or have babies, you have to care for them. You can t just play around, hoard your money or when you do make money, send it all home. I told him actually if he leaves me I may just get better benefits through wic and day care assistance than i will if he stays and doesnt help me with anything.. which I think is next. There have been really good moments but all I know is that I almost out of money from supporting him all summer and I have no paychecks coming period and cant work hard enough to pull in money while he sits at home and smokes and plays in the net. I have tried to justify everything but I am just so broken hearted right now.. If he didnt want to work, he should have stayed home. And not gotten me pregnant. I am not the job corps. He has SOME resonsibility to me and the baby. Some. A little . A smidgeon.

LOL

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

hi, i had already donated all of my babys stuff from newborn (as soon as he grows out of it - its out of here!) but I have all of this seasons 18 month clothing. After summer, if you think you will have use for it, I would gladly ship it to you instead of donating it elsewhere. Hopefully in 18 months you will be in a better position and not need it but if you want it its yours.

I am EXTREMELY grateful for health and stuff like that TRUST ME. The issue I take is that he has been able to work since July ( the beginning) and refused to apply for anything until very recently. I have taken the brunt of everything on me, resulting in extremely high gas bills ( driving him all around while he refused to take the bus or even try), his absolute refusal to even apply for a job, what I perceive as really bad behavior( breaking things, chatting with others, constantly complaining about how bad life is here and hard life is here when he has done NOTHING to improve his situation. His absolute refusal to go with me to the OB. What I perceive is his only intention coming here was to get a job to make money to benefit himself. I told him very recently that being married to a woman his age or a little older or younger was a mistake. If he wanted a sugar mommy, he should have stalked a european or much older American or Canadian that had a super good job and basically told her , hey I dont wanna work and I will be your boy toy. Which believe it or not, there are 60 year old women in France doing that with 20 and 30 year old North Africans. But if you wanna play with women your age or have babies, you have to care for them. You can t just play around, hoard your money or when you do make money, send it all home. I told him actually if he leaves me I may just get better benefits through wic and day care assistance than i will if he stays and doesnt help me with anything.. which I think is next. There have been really good moments but all I know is that I almost out of money from supporting him all summer and I have no paychecks coming period and cant work hard enough to pull in money while he sits at home and smokes and plays in the net. I have tried to justify everything but I am just so broken hearted right now.. If he didnt want to work, he should have stayed home. And not gotten me pregnant. I am not the job corps. He has SOME resonsibility to me and the baby. Some. A little . A smidgeon.

LOL

By the way, it is alot less about the money than the way I am perceiving being treated. I am really hurt from alot of the stuff he has done, perhaps irrepairably. I can understand the perception that all Americans are rich. But I really doubt he ever loved me based on the things he has done. When you love someone and you having a baby with them, you dont do what he did. Period. You dont make them scared. You dont break their things. And you go to the Drs with them. Period. I can not CULTURALLY excuse everything I have been put through these last few months. He has the responsibility to assimilate and try. Some homesickness is ok. Telling me when he does start working not to expect much financial contributions because he has to help family and then have spending money for next summers vacation does nt fly when I am eating grill cheese sandwiches for the past 3 days and and I am struggling to support a grown man who is not trying or appreciating being someplace where there is a chance to make a new life

Hence, if the relationship ends, I am telling you as much as I love him, my limit for dealing with constant complaining and no monetarial help has arrived.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I am so glad to have helped you and happy that you liked the things. As for your marriage, I have been praying for you and will continue to do so. I hope that whatever path you take in your marriage, that God leads you to what is best. Remember to take care of yourself and that we are here for you when you need it.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just want to let you know we are all thinking of you. i sent out that package to you today so look for it by the end of week or beginning of next!!! I will start to look for some larger sizes as i told you before. Good luck on your test!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Wahrania - It was great to meet you and your little girl. I'm praying for you and thinking about you. I hope that God gives you peace in this truly stressful situation. May you all be blessed. May you have the energy to get through all of this.

Keep on truckin', Baby! :energy:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

LOL

You end your post LOL, but I am feeling so sad for you and how you explain how it is between the both of you. Has he shown any change in his behavior?

LOL

I was in this type of freeloading relationship with a man from Peru for a little over a year. Same outrageous sense of entitlement, preferred NOT working and earning NOTHING most of the time over taking a stable job earning SOMETHING. When he did work through temp agencies, he'd gave me money but than take THREE times the amount back before the week was over. This on top of living rent/bill free, driving one of MY vehicles, and going out quite often without me even tho I footed that bill, too. Took my credit cards to buy me the occasional gift and would never fail to pick himself up something as well. Just RIDICULOUS, SHAMELESS behavior. He got so out of hand. I'm still horrified that I allowed it for as long as I did. :bonk: I'm still in shock that there are people that can be THAT parasitic. Just RANCID. THANK GOD I didn't let him get me pregnant. Still. UUUGGGHHH.

Anyway, what else are you needing as far as supplies before the baby arrives? Where do you typically shop for baby stuff, food, etc? I think I read some where that you're not even going to get a baby shower? :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.