GauraD

Should I chance it?

7 posts in this topic

I'm still waiting on my police clearance to come through from Australia and it could take a month to come in....but should I just send in my packet 3 as it seems that, going by other people's timelines, it takes about a month to get an interview anyways? Its a bit risky in case I DONT get it in the mail but if I wait another month it just makes everything so much longer....I do have a 'name' clearance from Australia (and I have a very unique name!) but am waiting on the fingerprint clearance I only found out about a few weeks ago!

I will write a covering letter saying Im on holiday until mid September so not to give me an interview date until then- do you think that its a good idea??

Risk it or be patient and wait??

Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, go for it. There is a good chance that the missing document will be in by the time of your interview, and if it isn't, then go to your interview regardless. They will give you an RFE for the missing document and reserve making a decision on your application until they receive it. Once you submit it, then they will make their decision. It will shave off a few weeks and possibly a month from your wait.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Yes, go for it. There is a good chance that the missing document will be in by the time of your interview, and if it isn't, then go to your interview regardless. They will give you an RFE for the missing document and reserve making a decision on your application until they receive it. Once you submit it, then they will make their decision. It will shave off a few weeks and possibly a month from your wait.

Thanks for the advice Kathryn :) Thats what I was thinking but I wanted to see whether it was a good idea!

Cuuute kittie pics btw!

Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yep, I agree with Kathryn.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

We delayed our interview by asking in a cover letter enclosed with the P3 things we were returning. They obliged. I think we would have been scheduled around July 4 and he was going to be in the US at that time. Your plan sounds good to me. And like Kathryn said, you can always show up with what you've got. They will just tell you to send the document and your passport back by courier when you have it. You'll only be out some extra courier costs. And if you're lucky, it will all time out just right. Good luck.

Dear Sir or Madam,

RE: Case number LNDxxxxxxxxxx

Please find enclosed the completed forms:

• DS-230 Part 1, pages 1 & 2 completed

• DS-156, in duplicate, unsigned

• DS-156K, unsigned

• DS157

• IV15 pages 1 to 4, completed checklist

Please can you schedule an interview appointment from July 15 2008 onwards as I will be unable to attend prior to that date.

Yours truly,

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Thanks for the advise :) I have chanced it- and sent it all in yesterday with the covering letter!! *fingers crossed*

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I'm still waiting on my police clearance to come through from Australia and it could take a month to come in....but should I just send in my packet 3 as it seems that, going by other people's timelines, it takes about a month to get an interview anyways? Its a bit risky in case I DONT get it in the mail but if I wait another month it just makes everything so much longer....I do have a 'name' clearance from Australia (and I have a very unique name!) but am waiting on the fingerprint clearance I only found out about a few weeks ago!

I will write a covering letter saying Im on holiday until mid September so not to give me an interview date until then- do you think that its a good idea??

Risk it or be patient and wait??

Actually, you don't "send in" anything. Simply call them and set an interview date. If you do not have the document by that date, call and cancel and set another date.

Gary

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.