4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Does anyone know and have personal knowledge of a good Lawyer to hire to do a I-130 and K3?

There are NO good lawyers. Everyone I have seen here on V J with a lawyer has nothing but problems. Expensive problems.

The forms are not hard to fill out so why not do it yourself as many of us successfully have. There are many people here with a lot of experiance that can assist you. The lawyer simply asks you for the same info & assembles it for you.

V J has all the info you need to do this submittal process. Just go step by step & see how you do. You can ask here how to deal with your criminal background if that is what is bothering you. I know there are people here that know what to do.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have to disagree with the last post. There are plenty of instances where lawyers can be necessary, and that occurs when you have complications in your file/life which you know will be barriers to attaining a visa. Given the poster's previous post - he may be in a position which will require some legal advice. Something that a regular member should not provide. We can give some advice but this never replaces the value of a truly trained professional.

Sorry, I don't live in the FL area - I hope you'll go with your gut and at least attend a free consultation with a lawyer to discuss your concerns. Hopefully someone knows of a reputable and knowledgeable attorney.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
Does anyone know and have personal knowledge of a good Lawyer to hire to do a I-130 and K3?

The Miami yellow pages probably include lawyers who specialize in immigration. Perhaps Tampa, also. I agree that unless there is some peculiar legal issue, these are easy applications for most people to complete and send off. There is not a lot of room for guessing about what to provide the USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.