Carolyn

My husband is nesting

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Anyone ever seen a MENA man clean? :thumbs:

My husband is usually a bit of a slob--putting his dirty socks everywhere, leaving a big mess in the kitchen after cooking, etc. I know that his mom cleaned up after all 7 of her boys, and I am a bit guilty of doing it too, but I'm not all that fastidious.

Today, however, he is bent on ridding our house of dust in preparation for the baby: vacuuming everything, moving furniture and washing behind it, taking all the books out of the bookcase and cleaning them, washing all the baseboards, etc.

I've helped some, but he's doing stuff that I just don't have energy for...

If his mother could see him now!

Edited by Carolyn

Carolyn and Simo

Fell in love in Morocco: March 2004

Welcome to the USA: May 19, 2005 :)

Our Wedding Day: July 9, 2005

AOS interview: March, 2006--Success!

Applied for Removal of Conditions on Residence: March, 2008--Approved August 11, 2008

Baby Ilyas born: August 16, 2008!

rPXNm5.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Awww, thats so sweet.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Wow, that is amazing! Its so rare a man will go to those lengths in order to have a clean house. Definitely get picks. Who knows when and if it will happen again.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Mine wouldn't clean if he had to dig his way out of the chair!

My life has been blessed with the love of 4 of the sweetest men in the world. James, Jonathan, Nicolas, and Islam, my sons and my S/O.

OPSSSSSSS I DID IT AGAIN!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

carolyn, thats too funny, sofyan did the EXACT same thing, dusting and rearranging, he insisted that the linen closest be cleaned out, and also, he was reorganizing the pots and pans cabinet and such...say thank god you have a man that will do it, lol...SOO SWEET!

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Awww, sweet! Ammar cleans every day. he vaccuums, washes the floor by hand, cleans the dishes and the counters, etc. Sometimes he takes q-tips and edges the baseboards and floor. He cleans EVERY DAY. Sigh. He also would like ti if I would do the same 2-4 times/day.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Glad you found a good one. Congrats on the baby.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Awww, sweet! Ammar cleans every day. he vaccuums, washes the floor by hand, cleans the dishes and the counters, etc. Sometimes he takes q-tips and edges the baseboards and floor. He cleans EVERY DAY. Sigh. He also would like ti if I would do the same 2-4 times/day.

Yeah, my husband is the same way. Both he and I are neat freaks. I never really knew that it was atypical.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.