S and S

Olympics!!!

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I watched the replay of the opening ceremony last night. It was really long, but I was impressed with the performances China put on. They really did a great job. It was interesting to watch each countries athletes pass by. Iraq got some cheering when they entered though they only have two athletes competing. I was shocked to see Jordan has 7 athletes and four of them are women! The news commentator said it was suprising for an arab country to have more women competing than men.

I love to watching the swimming and gymnastics more than anything. What do you MENA gals prefer to watch or are you not interested?

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline

Also, for those of you interested in the Morroccan athletes, they have a female runner on their olympic team who won a silver medal in Athens. She is hoping to get the gold at these games. Her name is Hasna Benhassi.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I watched the opening ceremony last night too and was happy to see that some Iraqi athletes will be able to compete. The commentators had explained why the team was disqualified and then requalifed. I think it was a good move on the Olympics part to allow them back in....

Not really on topic - but some of those outfits??? seriously, #######? Did you check out Hungary's womens' essemble? They looked like bizarre floral flight attendents!

Timeline
I watched the opening ceremony last night too and was happy to see that some Iraqi athletes will be able to compete. The commentators had explained why the team was disqualified and then requalifed. I think it was a good move on the Olympics part to allow them back in....

Not really on topic - but some of those outfits??? seriously, #######? Did you check out Hungary's womens' essemble? They looked like bizarre floral flight attendents!

I was definitely like a fashion show for that opening ceremony, lol. I thought some of the outfits were rather colorful!

Timeline
I'm missing the Olympics. I tried to watch it online but I need windows vista. :(

Youtube is already showing some things if you search around. Sorry you can't catch anything on tv, that sucks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i already participated in the olympics today - i got my pole saw (a chainsaw blade on a 10 pole with a weedeater motor at the other end) stuck in a tree about 20''off the ground. yes, i was standing on a ladder at the time. it took 2 chains, some rope, a regular pole saw, and a tractor to get it out of the tree (by pulling down the branch with the tractor).

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
i already participated in the olympics today - i got my pole saw (a chainsaw blade on a 10 pole with a weedeater motor at the other end) stuck in a tree about 20''off the ground. yes, i was standing on a ladder at the time. it took 2 chains, some rope, a regular pole saw, and a tractor to get it out of the tree (by pulling down the branch with the tractor).

Did you get the Gold? I heard the Icelandic team was a lock for that one :lol:

Timeline

We should start a MENA olympics. Charles, you've got the first sport lined up already, lol.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

The opening ceremonies were really beautiful; I am excited for the gymnastics to start tonight. :thumbs:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We should start a MENA olympics. Charles, you've got the first sport lined up already, lol.

i'm pooped :dead:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I like diving, swimming, gymnastics, and some of the track. I always wondered if the track girls feel naked in their track suits the firt time they wear one (which would likely be a long time before this olympics, but...) As a swimmer, you have this one-piece and also you're in the water. I think I would feel really exposed on that track lol.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I was the women from the MENA countries who participate in the Olympics wearing their long sweatsuits while running and I feel for them. What they are doing is so brave and at the same time because of culture constraints they're still not having the same advantages as the other countries who can wear those specialized track suits.

Remember when the Olympics started and they were all nude males?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
I like diving, swimming, gymnastics, and some of the track. I always wondered if the track girls feel naked in their track suits the firt time they wear one (which would likely be a long time before this olympics, but...) As a swimmer, you have this one-piece and also you're in the water. I think I would feel really exposed on that track lol.

lol, the women's volleyball team is wearing bakinis. I kept thinking I would be so embarrassed to wear that little of clothing on international tv and with all the spectators. It is volleyball though so they are used to playing with crowds around. It just wouldn't be something I could do, lol.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Remember when the Olympics started and they were all nude males?

Well, not personally... LOL! but yeah :)

Yeah, but it is amazing that those girls are running at all considering how "inappropriate" it is for them int heir home countries.

lol, the women's volleyball team is wearing bakinis. I kept thinking I would be so embarrassed to wear that little of clothing on international tv and with all the spectators. It is volleyball though so they are used to playing with crowds around. It just wouldn't be something I could do, lol.

I'd be scared of having a "wardrobe malfunction" like Janet Jackson.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.