m0306

DENIED: I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions

10 posts in this topic

Ok here I go again. Our case is denied. My husband didnt tell me that there was a problem with the check that I sent to the USCIS together with the application. I just found out that they sent us a letter about the fee and that we should send in the correct fee on August 6, 2008. My husband didnt say anything about this. I just figured it out when I received the letter of rejection for our case.

So, we still owe the USCIS with the correct fee eventhough they rejected our application. The letter says that we can refile again with the correct fee.

Here is my questions:

--I'm just wondering if the extension letter from our case that is denied is still valid?

--Or do I have to refile before my greencard expires on Sept. 12?

--Are they going to send back the papers I sent them?

----------------------------------

07-03-08 Removal of Condition Submitted to NSC

07-05-08 Documents forwarded to CSC

07-10-08 I-797C, NOA1 Notice Date

07-18-08 NOA1 Received by mail

07-17-08 ASC Appointment Notice Date

07-24-08 ASC Appoinment received by mail

08-01-08 Biometrics

CASE REJECTED (wrong fee)!!!

08-14-08 Sent I-751 package to CSC

08-16-08 package arrived at Laguna, Niguel Post Office

It's been 10 days already, checked the confirmation number and my package is still scheduled for delivery to the USCIS in California. what the heck is going on?

EuaKm4.png

Filed: Timeline

They sent you an NOA1 and a biometrics appointment despite the fact that you haven't actually paid for the petition yet? That's a bloody mess!

Anyhow, don't worry too much, you still have time. First of all, prepare a check for the correct amount and make sure you have enough money to cover it. I wouldn't rely on USCIS to have kept everything, so send everything in again (hope you know what you sent the first time and you at least can re-produce it even if you don't have a second copy of everything).

I'm still a little confused though. It sounds like they said for you to send in the correct fee. They haven't actually denied your removal of conditions, they're just not accepting the application due to incorrect fee. However, they've already sent you an NOA1 and set up a biometrics appointment? Strange.

Ok here I go again. Our case is denied. My husband didnt tell me that there was a problem with the check that I sent to the USCIS together with the application. I just found out that they sent us a letter about the fee and that we should send in the correct fee on August 6, 2008. My husband didnt say anything about this. I just figured it out when I received the letter of rejection for our case.

So, we still owe the USCIS with the correct fee eventhough they rejected our application. The letter says that we can refile again with the correct fee.

Here is my questions:

--I'm just wondering if the extension letter from our case that is denied is still valid?

Rejected application or denied application?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

It looks like the application was REJECTED (that's to say NOT ACCEPTED) because you sent a check with a wrong fee.

It was NOT DENIED. They are telling you to re-file with the right fee. So do it ASAP!

FYI, applications are rejected when the forms are incomplete or the fee paid is wrong. The process does not even start.

Once the forms are complete, the fee is correct and evidence is sent, the application is ACCEPTED and the process will begin. It'll be pending for a few months. If they need more evidence they will send you a letter Requesting Further Evidence and/or they may also send you an appointment for interview. After all this the application will be APPROVED or DENIED.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
It looks like the application was REJECTED (that's to say NOT ACCEPTED) because you sent a check with a wrong fee.

It was NOT DENIED. They are telling you to re-file with the right fee. So do it ASAP!

FYI, applications are rejected when the forms are incomplete or the fee paid is wrong. The process does not even start.

Once the forms are complete, the fee is correct and evidence is sent, the application is ACCEPTED and the process will begin. It'll be pending for a few months. If they need more evidence they will send you a letter Requesting Further Evidence and/or they may also send you an appointment for interview. After all this the application will be APPROVED or DENIED.

if you read the OP's time line it says they already received the NOA1 and the biometrics appointment...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

There should be no NOA1 in the first place, if the fee enclosed was incorrect. I think, this is just of one those USCIS glitches.

NATURALIZATION

01-11-2014 N-400 Packet Sent

01-17-2014 Check cleared

01-24-2014 Received NOA dated 01/14 in the mail

02-20-2014 1st Service Request created for delayed biometric appointment letter

03-01-2014 Received 'yellow' letter in the mail

03-28-2014 2nd Service Request created since the 1st request had no response from the assigned Service Center

04-07-2014 Received biometric appointment letter in the mail

04-25-2014 At last, my biometric appointment!!!!

06-09-2014 Interview - recommended for approval!

07-17-2014 Oath Ceremoney USCIS-Orlando Office! I'm A United States Citizen

AOS AND EAD
02-13-2009 AOS Packet Sent
02-15-2009 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
02-23-2009 Date of NOA1 (AOS & EAD)
02-25-2009 Check Cleared
02-27-2009 Received NOA1s (AOS and EAD) and Bio Appointment Letter in the mail!!
03-18-2009 Biometric Appointment
04-17-2009 EAD card production ordered!
04-27-2009 EAD card in received in mail
06-19-2009 Received interview appointment in the mail
08-19-2009 Interview Date APPROVED!
08-28-2009 Received 10-year GC in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Do not be worried too much. Your application was not denied. It was rejected because of insufficient amount in your account. Resubmit your documents again and make sure you send the same thing you previously sent and add any additional document you think might help you in the case. Try to avoid contradictions in your documents.

And this time, if you owe USCIS for your first I-751 submission, make sure you send two checks. One for the previous amount owed and another for your current submission. You case will be fine.

My I-751 has been pending for over 16 months now and I am fine with it. I just sent my N-400 two days ago.

Take care

Steve

Here is my questions:

USCIS:

04/01/13: I-130 Sent

04/03/13: I-130 Package received by CIS – Priority Date

04/04/13: I-130 NOA1 Email received

04/08/13: I-130 Check cashed ($420)

04/08/13: I-130 NOA1 Hardcopy received

11/14/13: I-130 transferred from NBC to Nebraska Service Center

03/02/14: I-130 NOA2 Email received

03/06/14: I-130 Email received - Shipped to NVC

03/06/14: I-130 NOA2 hardcopy received

NVC:

03/12/14: I-130 petition received at NVC

04/14/14: I-130 Case number Assigned

04/16/14: AOS invoice generated

04/16/14: AOS invoice available and PAID ($88.00)

04/17/14: Mailed AOS Package to NVC

04/21/14: AOS Package delivered at NVC

04/24/14: IV invoice available and PAID ($230)

04/25/14: IV Package mailed to NVC

04/28/14: IV Package delivered at NVC

04/28/14: IV Fees deducted from bank account

04/29/14: IV fee shows as “PAID”

04/29/14: DS-260 Submitted online

05/12/14: AOS (I-864) Accepted – No checklist

05/20/14: Case complete

06/11/14: Interview date assigned (July 29 at 8am)

06/12/14: Case shipped to consulate

CONSULATE (Cameroon):

06/16/14: Case arrives consulate

06/26/14: Case shows READY in system

07/14/14: Medical done - Medical Fees ($220)

07/29/14: Interview date @ 8:00 am. Interview Approved

08/21/14: Visa Received

08/27/14: US Entry

09/05/14: Paid Immigrant Fee via USCIS Elis system ($165)

09/12/14: Immigrant Case received by USCIS Mesquite TX office

10/02/14: Green card received

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (I-751):

06/03/16: I-751 sent ($590)

06/06/16: NOA1 Date (I-751 Package received by CIS)

06/13/16: I-1751 NOA1 Hardcopy received (with note EXTENDING CONDITIONAL RESIDENCE FOR 1 MORE YEAR). No need to have passport stamped at local office while case is being processed.

hey m0306, I just noticed that you BIO appointment was on August 1st.. did you go to that appointment??

NO I wasnt able to show up on my biometrics appoinment because my husband was hospitalized on the same day!

They sent you an NOA1 and a biometrics appointment despite the fact that you haven't actually paid for the petition yet? That's a bloody mess!

Anyhow, don't worry too much, you still have time. First of all, prepare a check for the correct amount and make sure you have enough money to cover it. I wouldn't rely on USCIS to have kept everything, so send everything in again (hope you know what you sent the first time and you at least can re-produce it even if you don't have a second copy of everything).

I'm still a little confused though. It sounds like they said for you to send in the correct fee. They haven't actually denied your removal of conditions, they're just not accepting the application due to incorrect fee. However, they've already sent you an NOA1 and set up a biometrics appointment? Strange.

YEP, they sent me an NOA1 and a biometrics appointment despite the fact that there was a problem with the check.

So now, I have to pay that one and pay another $545 to refile another application.

I'm just wondering if the NOA1 for that rejected application is still valid?

08-01-08 Biometrics

It's been 10 days already, checked the confirmation number and my package is still scheduled for delivery to the USCIS in California. what the heck is going on?

EuaKm4.png

I think the right word is "REJECTED" and not denied.

The problem is, i am currently unemployed for 4 months now because I am pregnant.

My husband is on SSI, so basically he only get checks from the government which is not too much. Actually just enough to pay our bills every month.

Does anyone here knows if there is some kind of a fee waiver thing?

Edited by m0306

08-01-08 Biometrics

EuaKm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.