Ilya R.

Georgia/Russia Conflict

295 posts in this topic

Yeah, I just don't know what I was thinking. Maybe if Paris Hilton broke a nail in Georgia on a Russian tank, then we might get some media coverage. I think we should ask Angelina Jolie to adopt Georgia. It's only about 4 million people, probably not even get into her investment portfolio for that.

OMG, even Yahoo has stuff on Russia not pulling out of Georgia. Now they say it will be another 10 days. Well, I guess we can't expect too much from Russia. They probably can't think about anything until the Olympics are done.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
Yeah, I just don't know what I was thinking. Maybe if Paris Hilton broke a nail in Georgia on a Russian tank, then we might get some media coverage. I think we should ask Angelina Jolie to adopt Georgia. It's only about 4 million people, probably not even get into her investment portfolio for that.

OMG, even Yahoo has stuff on Russia not pulling out of Georgia. Now they say it will be another 10 days. Well, I guess we can't expect too much from Russia. They probably can't think about anything until the Olympics are done.

Its all politics, there is a good reason they didnt just bolt out of Georgia. I just dont know what it is!! :wacko:

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

Its all politics, there is a good reason they didnt just bolt out of Georgia. I just dont know what it is!! :wacko:

Perhaps the problem is that Russia does not have a very good control of its army, but will not admit it. :)

Russian troops that are now in Georgia consist to a large extent of rogue elements (some of them beaten by the Chechnya experience) who will not just leave once they've smelled some blood. I believe it's a rather common thing to happen in some less-than-disciplined armies.

Aug 2003 first icebreaker ;-)

2003 - 2006 letters, letters, letters

Aug 2006 met at regatta in Greece

03/20/2007 I-129f mailed to TSC

08/06/2007 NOA-2, 118 days from the 1st notice.

10/24/2007 Interview in Moscow, visa approved

12/06/2007 Entered at JFK, got EAD stamp.

01/25/2008 Married in St. Augustine, FL

02/19/2008 AOS package mailed

09/30/2008 AOS interview - APPROVED!

10/11/2008 Green card in the mail

01/14/2009 Our little girl, Fiona Elizabeth, was born on Jan. 14, 2009 :-)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Wowsers, BlueFairy, never thought about it like that before and I must admit it has a certain ring of credibility.

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Timeline

Perhaps the problem is that Russia does not have a very good control of its army, but will not admit it. :)

Russian troops that are now in Georgia consist to a large extent of rogue elements (some of them beaten by the Chechnya experience) who will not just leave once they've smelled some blood. I believe it's a rather common thing to happen in some less-than-disciplined armies.

yea maybe

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Filed: Timeline

I'm sure you're right. Although I'm also sure there was no word from the Kremlin that looting, pillaging, and other crimes against the locals would be dealt with harshly.

On the other hand, I would say the U.S. military is undoubtedly the most disciplined force in the world. And yet we still see US soldiers committing atrocities. War turns perfectly reasonable people into animals, and not just when their life is on the line, as for example Abu Ghraib. Once you start to see your enemy as sub-human, it's easy to justify treating them as sub-human or worse.

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Georgia never wanted to be apart of Russia and Russia has stirred conflict in the Caucus for a very long time.

Russia is based on a race, not citizenship. They are prejudice to all that is not pure Russian that mean Mari, Chauvish, Udmaria, and Tartar people who still remain in their country.

Watch the Putin System

Here is the torrent

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3907378/CB...he_Putin_System

Other good programs is the Russian Godfather series dealing with Boris Berezovsky, Mikhail Khodorkovsky and Yuri Luzhkov

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0811050/

It is all about humllation of Saakshivilli for one uping Putin.

Also in Abhakia, Russian oligarchs are buying the land up for the Sochi Olympics. Yuri Luzhkov himself has bought a vaction property illegally on hopes that it will stay Russian.

Ossetia has always been a path for mafia to deal weapons and drugs through the country to places like Iraq,Iran and so on. Where else did you think they got those shiny Ak-47s ? Ebay?

Russia has always played tribal hatred to control the Caucaus. They shipped Chechen and Inguish off to Kazakhstan, and gave Ossetians the Inguish's land. During Soviet times, they forced Ossetians to use Georgian or/and Russian language instead of their own.

If you think this is bad, Georgians hate the Armenians who hate Azerbaijan(they blame them for aiding the Turks in the Genocide) and Turkey who tried to commit genocide (Watch the movie Ararat) and still has the most place MT Ararat in Turkey. Basically they all hate each other. Russia play this hatred off to control them.

When the Rose Revolution happened, it was a turning point. First former CIS country had turned completely democratic. Second, the pipeline to west from Tengiz Oilfield which is the most significant oilfield in Kazakhstan can get to the west without using any of Russians oil lines. Third, the domino effect, soon as Georgia changed then Ukraine followed. Russia quickly punished Belarus to make sure they were going to obey. Fourth, like in the mafia/FSB, you cannot let a small country like Georgia snub you and get away with it.

Georgia wine and good were banned from Russia, because they were poor quality, but Russians were drinking these wines for hundreds of years. Russia kicked out all illegal Georgians (with others, but they were let back) out of Russia. Russian lives off poor immigrant labour especially Uzbeks, Kazakhs, Armenians, and Georgians. So for Russia to kick these out is like the USA kicking all the Mexicans. The estimate is that there is 3 million illegal immigrants in Moscow alone.

So Georgia suffered financially from their decision to be a democracy. The west promised aid and trade,but they did nothing. Average Georgian wage is $50 a month and it is the poorest in Europe. When the villages were getting raided by Ossetian separatist, the west promised to help, but instead took 2000 troops to Iraq for their need. When Georgia asked to join Nato to receive protection, Germany nixed it so they could receive cheap gas from Russia.

Georgia did everything the west asked and the west ignored their pleas. Right Russian soldiers are doing as they please in Georgia. If you do not think it was a set up, then how come they conveniently had invasion force of 20,000 troops and 500 tanks and aircraft ready.

If you want to see how bad the west screwed over Georgia, look at Rice in how low her face was when Saakshivilli was announcing the so called cease fire.

I guess it would be different if Georgia had some resources to offer the west.

Timeline

I'm sure you're right. Although I'm also sure there was no word from the Kremlin that looting, pillaging, and other crimes against the locals would be dealt with harshly.

On the other hand, I would say the U.S. military is undoubtedly the most disciplined force in the world. And yet we still see US soldiers committing atrocities. War turns perfectly reasonable people into animals, and not just when their life is on the line, as for example Abu Ghraib. Once you start to see your enemy as sub-human, it's easy to justify treating them as sub-human or worse.

It is called the lord of pigs or Heart of Darkness syndrome. By taking someone life or group of peoples lives and making them worth nothing. Russian soldiers are proud to be Russian and Georgians are consider to be scum.

When I was in Russia, I wore a Georgian Rugby Jersey. Never was served. Went to the hotel, changed to an American Jersey, served immediately at the same restaurant by the same restaurant only 30 minutes later. My Russian instructor was a teacher in Georgia during the 50's. If she spoke Russian in Georgian restaurant, then refused to serve her. She had to speak whatever Georgian she learned or hopefully find someone with some sympathy. When Russia plays rugby(extremely violent sport ) about 2000 fans will show up. When they play Georgia, 20,000 fans will show up to watch this blood bath.

Brothers Karamazov quote "Everything is permitted" or "All is lawful."

"I think the devil doesn't exist, but man has created him, he has created him in his own image and likeness."

- Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Holy #######, was that Korat interjecting something meaningful this time? I didn't even see a single reference to ex-fiancees anywhere. Good play, sir! :thumbs:

Maybe a few weeks of censorship would help them appreciate what's really important to report on.

Why not? We've already waived our rights to a few of the other Amendments, might as well let the govt. control the media too.... oh wait, they already do! Sorry.

How about a big pie in the face for NATO and America? Thumbing their nose to the whole world... "you want us out? Make us get out."

Well, that and the Chechans actually whooped their @$$es a little. Nothing like seeing your guys on YouTube getting their heads slowly sawed off with a hunting knife and hearing them gurgle their last few breaths though all the blood. Kind of a morale killer for an army.

If the choice is to stay and rape, steal tooth brushes, etc., or go back and get your head lopped off, that's an easy choice to make!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
Holy #######, was that Korat interjecting something meaningful this time? I didn't even see a single reference to ex-fiancees anywhere. Good play, sir! :thumbs:

Maybe a few weeks of censorship would help them appreciate what's really important to report on.

Why not? We've already waived our rights to a few of the other Amendments, might as well let the govt. control the media too.... oh wait, they already do! Sorry.

How about a big pie in the face for NATO and America? Thumbing their nose to the whole world... "you want us out? Make us get out."

Well, that and the Chechans actually whooped their @$$es a little. Nothing like seeing your guys on YouTube getting their heads slowly sawed off with a hunting knife and hearing them gurgle their last few breaths though all the blood. Kind of a morale killer for an army.

If the choice is to stay and rape, steal tooth brushes, etc., or go back and get your head lopped off, that's an easy choice to make!

It is when the death squads hit when Chechyans stopped fighting.

Did you that Inguish (and Dagestan) land was originally Chechen? Inguish land was given to North Ossetia and North Ossetia is where Beslan Massacre happened.

Most of the hardcore Mafia in Moscow is Caucuses people and they are extremely tough and you do not want to double cross them.

Chechyan is run but a death squad by Ramzan Kadyrov.

If you want a good movie on this, watch the Prisoner of the Mountains with Segrei Boldrov Jr (May he rest in peace)

He was an awesome actor and died at a young age in a mud slide in Rostov on Don. Great movie and I think it won an oscar.

REad this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_apartment_bombings

Thoughts? BS or not?

Timeline

It is when the death squads hit when Chechyans stopped fighting.

Did you that Inguish (and Dagestan) land was originally Chechen? Inguish land was given to North Ossetia and North Ossetia is where Beslan Massacre happened.

Most of the hardcore Mafia in Moscow is Caucuses people and they are extremely tough and you do not want to double cross them.

Chechyan is run but a death squad by Ramzan Kadyrov.

If you want a good movie on this, watch the Prisoner of the Mountains with Segrei Boldrov Jr (May he rest in peace)

He was an awesome actor and died at a young age in a mud slide in Rostov on Don. Great movie and I think it won an oscar.

REad this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_apartment_bombings

Thoughts? BS or not?

http://www.michaeltotten.com/archives/2008...uth-about-1.php

Interesting article on what happened before the invasion as per a Journalist

Timeline

Very one sided article.

Waste of time

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Very one sided article.

Waste of time

You say that about any piece of information that shows Georgia as not being the boogeyman. Do you hate Georgians?

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.